Notices

Old 2 Sep 17, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Timeout
Proud to wear my Ears

Five Go On a Culinary Caper - Day 20

Today we started our last full day ☹️ with a return visit to Trails End Buffet, those who have been along for the whole trip will know that 3 of us visited earlier in the trip, when we were deciding where to have breakfast today , youngest said that he wanted to go back on the boat to breakfast so that's what we did, also eldest and hubby hadn't visited so we thought they could try it.

We arrived on time (something we are getting worse at doing! ) and were shown to our table, our server was less friendly than our previous one and we wouldn't have known about moonshine juice if we hadn't visited before. We all ordered some and some coffee too and went to the buffet.
Some of our plates.

Hubby really didn't enjoy the breakfast hash but other than that it was ok. Not a great experience this time around but adequate. It just goes to show the difference a server can make to your meal.

We spent the rest of the in Magic Kingdom. We had some snacks along the way

Goofy glaciers

We were attending the Halloween party at MK tonight so had dinner booked before this started.
We were shown to a table in the Captains room which was very quiet.
Our server arrived with all the jokes which eldest loved.

We ordered drinks

Eldest had melon Fanta!

Starters

Mains

Eldest struggled with the spicy sauce on this. But enjoyed it when it ate around it!

This was very very tasty a great vegetarian meal

I commented when he ordered it that I hoped it didn't look at scary as the picture on the menu but it really was!

He said it tasted great though and enjoyed all of it

Mum enjoyed this it was interesting way to do a lasagna type dish using braised beef rather than minced. I think she might try and make it again at home!

Desserts

Coconut bar

This was just ok, not much flavour.

Kungaloosh - chocolate cake

Again not a great dessert just ok.

We loved it here, good food, good fun all in a theme park!

We spent the evening at mnsshp which was a bit wet! This had a massive impact on what we were able to get done as we spent ages waiting for the parade to happen as the weather was causing problems.

Snack wise eldest had a candy corn ice cream

Snack wise that was it! I had so many plans but it just didn't happen and Mum got hit, accidentally, by a guy not looking where he was going after the fireworks so she needed to go home.

I was really sad that this was our final magic kingdom experience of our holiday and it finished on a bit of a downer. We've had so much fun but this wasn't how I wanted it to end. We won't be back for a long time.

Anyway this was our candy haul!

Timeout is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Timeout - 2 Sep 17 6:42 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Hope your mum was ok.Sad to leave on a bad note x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So sorry to hear that it didn't go to plan - we had a year when the rain on our last evening at MK really messed up our plans and it does leave you a little down. I hope your mum is ok?

Food looks good again. Skippers canteen is on my list for next time. Haven't read a bad review! Sorry that your report is coming to an end - it's been so enjoyable and helpful
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hope your mum is ok

Joan
Old 5 Sep 17, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Such a shame your day didn't really go to plan, from breakfast right through to your poor mum getting hurt. You did get a huge load of candy though.
Old 9 Sep 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Timeout
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Hope your mum was ok.Sad to leave on a bad note x
Mum was pretty uncomfortable overnight but felt better by the following day. Just a shame it happened when it did. Thanks for your message x
Timeout is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Timeout
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Such a shame your day didn't really go to plan, from breakfast right through to your poor mum getting hurt. You did get a huge load of candy though.
I know! Not really the last day I had dreamed about creating for the kids and I have to admit that I may have shed the odd tear in bed that night, but other than that we had an amazing time, so many memories and so much fun!

The candy haul was pretty epic, my husbands team at work have really enjoyed it this week!
Old 9 Sep 17, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Timeout
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
So sorry to hear that it didn't go to plan - we had a year when the rain on our last evening at MK really messed up our plans and it does leave you a little down. I hope your mum is ok?

Food looks good again. Skippers canteen is on my list for next time. Haven't read a bad review! Sorry that your report is coming to an end - it's been so enjoyable and helpful
Thanks for all your messages whilst writing it, they really encouraged me to keep going with it! Glad you enjoyed the report. Skipper Canteen was really good, casual but great food too. I would certainly book it again!