Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 8 Sep 17, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Adventures in Public Transport:The Return - Day Eight - Fashion Valley Mall & Old Town

We weren’t in a hurry to get anywhere quickly this morning so we relax in the room for a bit. DH popped down to starbucks and brought us back up some bits for breakfast. We also decided to get a bit of laundry done. The Hilton didn’t have its own onsite laundry but we’d found before we travelled a local laundry that would do a wash and fold service with pick up and collection for a reasonable price. So I sorted out the a things that needed doing and DH made the call to arrange pick up. They could be there by 11am so we just spent some time relaxing and enjoying the view while we waited.

Once the washing had been collected we walked across to the trolley stop and caught the trolley up to Fashion Valley. We firstly rode as far as Mission Valley Centre station to where target is located. We were still after some goggles for DS and targets are always fun to look around. Googles and few other bit acquired we jumped back on the trolley to the Fashion Valley Mall stop where the main mall is. This was a beautiful mall and we soon realised that the couple of hours we were originally going to spend here might not be enough. We started in Macy’s. DS joked well there goes an hour. I said no we would be that long, but an hour and 20 mins later were finish..oops. We did manage to pick up several good buys in the sale rails there. After picking up a slice of pizza at the food court for lunch we looked around a few more shops but barely covered a quarter of the mall before we thought we better move onto our next destination.

We headed back to the trolley around 4.30pm and caught one back to Old Town. After getting a taster of Old Town the other day we were looking forward to visiting. We loved this place, especially the Fiesta del Rey area and Old Town Market. We had a fun hour and a half looking around around all the little shops and market places. There were some beautiful bits and pieces, especially some lovely glass decorated wind chimes but we decided not to risk trying to get them home.

Just before 6pm we made our way to Cafe Coyote, one of Aims recommendations. It looked super busy but the line move very quickly they were able to seat us within minutes. We were seated on the front patio which was great for people watching and we could also the tortillas being cooked on the hot plates. DH had the famous old town carnitas, I had one of the burrito meals and DS had some quesadillas. It was all really good. DS also had this amazing tasting raspberry ice tea that he kindly let me pinch some of. They were serving some goldfish bowl size margaritas but I don't think I would have made it back to the hotel if I attempted one of those.

The children get to picked two free sweet after their meal from the onsite Mexican sweet shop. Great sales tactic as we ended up buying a few extra that sounded good. We made our way back to the trolley station to head back to the hotel. We collected our washing that had been delivered back to bell services. Once back in the room we were treated to fireworks curtesy of the waterfront concert going on the that night.

Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 17, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Another great day! A bit of retail therapy is always a good thing!

You meal looks delicious too!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 17, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Mobile

That food looks great, will add it to my list!
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 17, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

It's great that you can get to lots of places on the trolley easily. Your meal looks delicious.
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List