British Airways
Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Car Hire & Transportation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16 Sep 17, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
married2mm
Imagineer
 
married2mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 12

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Manchester airport terminal 2 parking

I'm clearly being a dummy-not the first nor the last time

Would someone kindly assist:

I'm trying (and failing!) to find a price for parking which does not involve a bus transfer or meet & greet style
Just park car & off into terminal ( possibly short stay?)

I can't find this option
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 17, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
Disneyphile
Very Serious Dibber
 
Disneyphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 14
The terminal 2 car park is closed at the moment.
Disneyphile is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
German fairytale castles
Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 17, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
Loulou127
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Sep 14
Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
I'm clearly being a dummy-not the first nor the last time

Would someone kindly assist:

I'm trying (and failing!) to find a price for parking which does not involve a bus transfer or meet & greet style
Just park car & off into terminal ( possibly short stay?)

I can't find this option
No, you're not being a dummy, it's not there,well not for our dates next year, there was a post about the same thing a while back, shame because we used it this year, parked in the multi storey and it was great, not sure if or when it'll become available ☹️☹️
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The that was definitely the last trip!
Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
married2mm
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
married2mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 12

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
The terminal 2 car park is closed at the moment.
Oh, I see.
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 17, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
married2mm
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
married2mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 12

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
No, you're not being a dummy, it's not there,well not for our dates next year, there was a post about the same thing a while back, shame because we used it this year, parked in the multi storey and it was great, not sure if or when it'll become available ☹️☹️

Thanks for this.

What a shame - maybe select the car parking with radisson blu instead?
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 17, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
macy
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Apr 14

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
The terminal 2 car park is closed at the moment.
Is the multi storey closed at the moment ? I have a booking for the multi storey in a couple of weeks. Didn't realise it was closed, do you know where people have to park instead please.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unexpected booking, planning started
Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 17, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
MrsMiaWallace
VIP Dibber

 
MrsMiaWallace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 17
Originally Posted by macy View Post
Is the multi storey closed at the moment ? I have a booking for the multi storey in a couple of weeks. Didn't realise it was closed, do you know where people have to park instead please.
As I understand it, the construction work around terminal 2 meant the valet parking is using up part of the short stay car park meaning they are limiting stays to a week. All previous bookings for over a week will be honoured. I have one in October for 15 days. It is NOT closed.
MrsMiaWallace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Here we go again! WDW, HHN28, Kissimmee
Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 17, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
shack69
Apprentice Imagineer
 
shack69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 11
I think the problem is that manchester airport have decided that the short stay car park should be short stay and so will not accept any bookings over a specific number of days. I just checked with 2 bookings 1 for 8 days an 1 for 14 . For the 8 days the multi story is avaiable but not for 14 days.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
shack69 Loves the DIBBcast Disney Podcast
Old 16 Sep 17, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
macy
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Apr 14

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MrsMiaWallace View Post
As I understand it, the construction work around terminal 2 meant the valet parking is using up part of the short stay car park meaning they are limiting stays to a week. All previous bookings for over a week will be honoured. I have one in October for 15 days. It is NOT closed.
Ah right thank you, I thought it was strange. Only made the booking recently and did speak to them during booking. Pleased it is open so that's great news for us. Thanks again.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unexpected booking, planning started
Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 17, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
macy
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Apr 14

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
I think the problem is that manchester airport have decided that the short stay car park should be short stay and so will not accept any bookings over a specific number of days. I just checked with 2 bookings 1 for 8 days an 1 for 14 . For the 8 days the multi story is avaiable but not for 14 days.
I went through the same thing when trying to book. After contacting them they did suggest they could cover the two weeks with two segments. They did ring me and book it all, just means we have two ref numbers. They advised that the car parks are aware that they are doing this, any problems on return just use the intercom and give them the garage our second ref and the barrier will be lifted. It does work out expensive but for us this time, is worth it. Can't say I am convinced it will be so straightforward but we will see.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unexpected booking, planning started
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Florida Tix

theDIBB Menu

Kenwood Travel

US Dollar Rates
Cash/Travellers Cheques
Covent Garden FX  $1.3835
FAIRFX  $1.3650
M&S  $1.3547
Travelex  $1.3662
Prepaid MasterCard Rates
CaxtonFX  $1.3683
FAIRFX  $1.3655
Travelex CP  $1.3662
Updated: 21:30 19/02/2018

theDIBB Charity
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,009

£

[Learn More]

Euro Rates
Cash/Travellers Cheques
Covent Garden FX  €1.1130
FAIRFX  €1.1030
M&S  €1.0816
Travelex  €1.1017
Prepaid MasterCard Rates
CaxtonFX  €1.1027
FAIRFX  €1.1035
Travelex CP  €1.1017
Updated: 21:30 19/02/2018

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Mon 19th Feb 4:33pm
Now: 28C/82F
Scattered Clouds
Scattered Clouds
Cloud Cover: 40%
Wind: 13mph - E Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1025mb
Humidity: 54%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 20:57 19/02/2018

Latest Group Posts
October 2018
Welcome - Come and Say Hello
by MrsBC
Today 05:51 PM Go to last post
Sept/Oct 2018
What have you done up to now?
by sasperella
Today 01:42 PM Go to last post
RunDisney events
Marathon Weekend 2019
by Jockey
17 Feb 18 10:30 AM Go to last post
Bikini Babes
Weigh in w/c 12 Feb 18
by Smithkfs
16 Feb 18 03:39 PM Go to last post
November 2018 Disney Holidays
Where are you eating
by arosiem
14 Feb 18 11:44 PM Go to last post
EASTER 2018
Welcome! Share who you are & your plans here!
by archibald
11 Feb 18 11:16 PM Go to last post
View All Groups