Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 Sep 17, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Pixie and Co. Take on Disney!

This will be our holiday report, if you'd like to catch the pre-trip thrad, go HERE

So, we stayed in the premier Inn Paisley before grabbing our flight across the big pond (didn't see any ducks )

Our kids didn't know we were going on holiday other than that we were going to Glasgow so we told them the night before we flew. They didn't believe us to start and thought we were pulling their legs (NOPE!)

I am pretty sure I seen every hour in that hotel room. Warm is a huge understatement! I'm sure I lost a few lbs just lying in there cooking away haha!

We checked-out at 7.50am and headed to our carparking which was for 8am. We used skyport and it was fab. Waited a few mins for the free bus to the airport and we were at check in by 8.20ish! Was through check in in around 15mins then headed to pick up our special assistance lanyard. They were great with our son and it really did help. It got us through priority security and also got us boarded on the plane first too.

Anyway! On to breakfast which consisted of us eating sausages on a roll and looking at all the planes parked. Before we knew it, it was boarding time! We got settled into the plane first and not long after we were on our merry way! Goodbye dreary Scotland, hello Sunny Florida!

Flying on Barbarella

We flew with Virgin and felt like we were always getting fed passes the time I guess but not so great when you hit quite rough turbulence 🤢🤢 that lasted around an hour! besides the fact I got my insides juggled about and still feel a bit squiffy now, the flight was fab. Arrived at the airport on the and was through security and on the magic express by around 4.30? I'll be honest, I was as excited as the kids at this point so all clock watching stopped haha.

We're finally here!

We are now settled down into our SSR grandstand room and I have to say it is gorgeous. Lying here at 5.45am; not so great haha. I'm so surprised the kids lasted until 9pm Orlando time! That's like 2am! They're still catching some Zzz's so I'm preparing for our first full day - typhoon lagoon then planet Hollywood Observatory!

Wish I brought a laptop to type... Using a phone is poo

Edited at 09:37 AM.
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

I've just read your pre trip report. Have an awesome time, looking forward to some updates 😊
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 17, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Hope you're having a fab time.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 17, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

so as you can tell, we were having such a fab time that i didn't do a daily blog of everything. I'm just going to get everything caught up with now (on a laptop!) that way i can add photos too
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 17, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

DAY 1: adjustment day and Typhoon lagoon!

TYPHOON LAGOON

steps: 3917 - water park day
calories:

DDP credits used;
TS: 4 QS: 3

Weather:
Scorchio!

so, our first day was set to be Typhoon Lagoon.

Nice way to start the holiday; water park followed by tea. My reasoning for this was that there is no time constraints with a waterpark. No fastpasses to book etc...

so i woke at 4am O_O!

(this was going to be a re-occuring theme of the first week of holidays) we had brought some breakfast cereal and croissants with us so we had those before slapping on the Ultrasun (this stuff is the holy grail of suncreams!)and going for a walk around our resort. SSR is a gorgeous resort; i can't stress that enougn. We were put in our prefered area (the Grandstand) and this area is just perfect for well, everything! near the bus stop, near a pool, washing facilities, 2 minute walk to the 'main' building. Can't big it up enough.

Plan was that we would jump on the boat to disney springs then bus it to Typhoon Lagoon as there is no direct to the park anymore. we found out early on that the boats don't start running from SSR until 4pm so we walked along the side of the (lake?) and entered Disney Springs Via the Cirque du Soliel side of things. was a nice wee walk but my god we're not used to 34°c heat!

After our wee walk to the springs and trying to spot gators (haha!) we arrived at the bus stop just as the Typhoon Lagoon bus was pulling up (we have a 6th sense for buses it seems)

was a fantastic day for a waterpark as it was roasting! no wind, just heat! we got there for opening so got on miss adventure falls twice in a row (kids loved it) then headed off to have a nosey around the place.

when it hit 12.30pm we decided it was lunch time! a hotdog and fries for me, the kids split a hotdog and fries too and hubby had a burger and fries. This was the beginning of the end for us. the amount of food on this holiday was crazy amounts!

a wonderful day was had by all, but we were getting tired and it was almost tea time by the time we left (4pm) so jumped on the bus straights to Disney Springs for tea at Planet Hollywood Observatory. Now, i'd heard bad reviews about this place but still wanted to check it out. Glad we did as it was fab. Our server was really nice, food was nice and hot. Overall a pleasant first Table service meal (although i was blown up like a balloon after the flight and popping rennies like they were smarties!)

Desserts...mmmmm

Steak for the OH

Burger for me (this is a re-occuring theme)

after eating and nearly exploding, we caught the boat back to the SSR before collapsing in bed. Good first day i'd say

Edited at 11:39 AM.
Old 10 Oct 17, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

What a lovely first day. I'm always tempted to do MK on our first day but I'm now considering elsewhere? 😀🤔

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 17, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

i just think with the travel day and such it was better for us as a family to have a slightly lower paced day - pleanty of time to get the big parks in we ended up visiting MK around 4 times in total i think f
Old 10 Oct 17, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

DAY 2: Hollywood Studios

First park day! yippee!

body clock was still not sorted so was looking at the time crawl past from 5am onwards... we needed to be up and ready to catch the bus for Hollywood studios for around 8am as we had breakfast reservations for Hollywood and Vine at 9:10am.

we got there with time to spare so made our way to H&V at a leisurely pace. after giving our names and being seated within 5mins we were just in time to have our table visited by Handy Manny! Kids were a bit reserved to begin with but soon got into the swing of things. Soon my son was hanging of Jake and pretending he was a pirate too and my daughter was giving loving hugs to Princess Sophia.

H&V is an all-you-care-to-enjoy breakfast buffet; lots on offer (even for a fusspot like myself) we filled ourselves up on breakfast pastries and mickey waffles and then it was time to roll ourselves out of there an explore the park in volcanic-like heat!

we done ;
  • toy story mania (loved it!) muppets 3D
  • attempted tower of terror (kid 1 chickened out, kid 2 make it all the way to the left before saying he didn't want to anymore; good effort though son)
  • Star tours (kids LOVED this, OH felt a bit sick)
  • Disney Jr Live! (kids loved this)
  • and managed to grab a fastpass for Fantasmic! at night ( Glad we did, we were slap bang in the middle with a great view)

during our trip to HS we managed to bump into chip 'n' dale (my Hubs fav! so of course a photo had to be had) my son also got interigated by some stormtroopers on patrol for wearing 'rebel scum' hat haha (he had a BB-8 hat on and a stormtrooper t-shirt; walking contradiction haha)

Dinner that night was at the Sci-Fi Dine-in. LOVED sitting in a wee car! haha. I'm easily amused. Food here was delish but hard to get a photo of since you're sitting in practically pitch black pretending to be at a drive-in. Our server was fab too - reminded me of the Dude with the glasses from Flight of the Concords

there was so many shows we missed out on but planned on going back to HS (we never managed in the end, not to worry!) We ended our night with Fantasmic and this was spectacular. i would highly recommend this to anyone going (but take ear defenders if your kids don't like loud noises)

Edited at 06:22 PM.
Old 10 Oct 17, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

DAY 3: Rest day & Walmart

4 TS 3 QS
15,252 STEPS
WEATHER: hot

so we woke up slightly later today (7am; rebels that we are) and decided that today we'd go for a wee Uber drive to Walmart and pick up a few snacky things for the room (in reflection of this, we did NOT need to be buying any snacks for the room as we had more than enough snack credits to use up)

now, it's the first time we used Uber and i was a bit scared i was going to get a driver that didn't speak english and it'd be an awkward silence the whole ride...i have to say it was great, not to mention easy as pie to use! we linked our Revolut card to my uber account and ordered a ride through my phone app. It arrived in say 3 minutes and our first driver was a really nice woman who helped the kids into their car seats. our trip cost us $9.25 which we were good with trip back was $9.18. i did have the Lyft app too to compare ride prices but it seemed that when we wanted a ride, Uber came out cheaper 9 x out of 10.

$50 of crap later and we were Ubering it back to SSR to laze about before dinner. we couldn't get over the size of the crisp packets! If i filled it with water i'm sure my wee boy could take a bath in it! ( ok, slight exaggeration but man they were huge!)

we hopped on the boat at 4pm and slowly made our way to Raglan Road; our table service choice of the day.

loved the atmosphere of this place as it was just like being at an Irish pub, complete with irish dancers! Our server was really nice; talked about his daughter and how she'd love me as she loves colourful hair and tattoos Kids both had burgers as did i, and Hubby had some fishy dish. The kids meal was the same size as mine! loads of fries and a really nice juicy burger. Took bad being asked how i like my burger cooked though. I just assumed you just had one state of burger cooking - cooked.

pudding was delish but man i couldn't manage it all. As the holiday progressed we just had to start saying 'no thank you' to desserts. I may have taken to taking them home in a box though haha. waste not want not and all that jazz!

after tea we had a little wonder over to the Disney store and the Lego store before boating it back for the night.

The kids were still struggling with waking so early so i had purposefully planned our first week with early starts and early finishes. 2nd week were later starts and later finishes as we got used to the time difference. Not just a pretty face me, haha.

snuggled up in bed with my kindle and the kids snoring away, i wondered what day 4 was going to go down like...

Edited at 11:40 AM.
Old 13 Oct 17, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 4: Magic kingdom!

4 TS 3 QS
12,229 STEPS this was before the fitbit died.
WEATHER: hot hot hot

so we woke up early because today we went to the magical magic kingdom I was so exited! first off though we were going to jump in an Uber to the Contemporary resort to have breakfast with Chef Mickey

after a complete meltdown from our son who didn't want suncream on because he said it wasn't hot enough (no son, it's just 32'c or something like that, not hot at all!) we ordered an Uber to make sure we were going to be on time for our 8:35 reservation time. (it cost $11.77)

rockin' up to the contemp with plenty of time to spare we had a wee nose around before heading to book in. I must say, for it being one of the oldest resorts; it's still amazing seeing the monorail run right the way through the building.

we got comfy and once we had met Donald ( who i'm sure was eyeing us up from when we sat down, haha) we headed to the buffet. What i noticed is that most of the breakfast buffets offer most of the same things which is a good and a bad thing. Our plates consisted of bowls of fresh fruit, cinnamon rolls, chocolate pancakes, mickey waffles, breakfast potatoes, eggs, tater tots, bacon... the list goes on. I love that there is so much to choose from. They also have things on offer like cereal dispensers and doughnut holes? (for breakfast? why not, it's just more sugar!) After eating more than our fill of breakfast we waddled off to catch the monorail in time for our first fastpass (peterpan!)

so, it was our luck that we got stuck on the monorail longer than hoped ¬__¬ BUT! it turns out that fastpasses for peter pan were temporarily down so by the time we reached the ride we were able to use our 'magic experience FP' at any time because of this (woop woop!) kids loved this ride; it's how i remember it from when i was a kid. dark. haha. seeing the kids eyes light up though seeing pan and hook, tick-tock and smee it put a smile on my face and butterflies in my tummy. This is what i wanted out of this holiday - my kids to see the magic of Disney, and my god i tried my hardest to bring the magic!

Fastpass no.2 was Seven Dwarves mine train. Now i liked this, my daughter liked this, OH thought that it was a bit shakey and son didn't like it because it went 'sidey-ways'. we told him he might like this next fastpass better, big thunder mountain needless to say all the way around we got "i don't like it, i don't like it. It's too shakey" I thought the wee man was going to be the daredevil but turns out i was wrong... haha daughter loved them though! yes, i thought. That means i will have someone to go on coasters with when they're older (yeah, that drastically changes haha)

another scorching day and by this point i feel like i've sweat off all my sun-cream! we walked off big thunder mountain to find the parade starting to pass. we got a fab view from the bridge so watched in the sweltering sun before calling it a day around 3pm. those poor guys in the parade gear! i was sweating buckets with just a vest top and shorts, i'd hate to think what it's like being dressed top to toe in a furry suit! parade was fab though. have to say my fav was probably rapunzel and flynn Rider

On the way out we passed the sorcerers of the magic kingdom so obviously being big fans of card games we had to sign up (all 4 of us, so every time we came to the MK we could get 4 new packs of cards, haha)

i'm trying to rack my brains on what we done for tea this day but i honestly cannot remember! i'm sure it was a quick service.

Edited at 11:19 AM.