Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 27 Sep 17, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Shall we, sharn't we, oh for goodness sake book it! Day 1.

Well I slept till 12.30am! I spent an hour checking emails etc and went back to sleep, we'll sort of, I dozed on and off till 4.30 and I gave up. Coffees drunk and unpacking done, we're here for 8 nights so it's better to be civilised and empty the suitcases! Showers are taken and we arrange to meet Jane and Chris for breakfast. They come over to ours and we head to Denny's by the Premium Outlets. It's Valet parking only - at Denny's - I kid you not! I have a Moons over my Hammy, not had one of these for about 10 years, it's as good as I remember! Richard has a Philly cheesesteak omelette which he says is gorgeous. Jane builds her own slam and Chris has a western style omelette. The bill was $58, Jane and Chris treat us as we're driving today.

After breakfast we head to the Premium Outlets, they are not as good as they are in Florida! I buy a phone case, Jane buys a couple of belts in Ralph Lauren. Not a very prosperous visit! We set the Sat Nav for the nearest Walmart to get water, Coke and bits for the room. It says 3 miles but it's actually 6! Richard buys a Leatherman multi tool for his Archery kit as well as drinks, snacks and cornflakes etc, we spend $51.

We head back to the hotel to spend some time by the pool. We get up to our room to find that Housekeeping has been but our door has been left open! I'm furious to say the least! We have a fair bit of cash in the room as well as iPads and Richards DSLR camera. Thankfully it looks like everything is where we left it but that's not the point, anyone could have walked right in and robbed us blind! I call down and complain. I'm transferred to a manager who says the last set of keys for the room were ours, I'm sure they were! Housekeeping left the door open! Anyway they are very sorry and credit us with $150 food and beverage credit to spend at the hotel. Security and maintence come and visit to make sure the door does actually lock properly and they put in a new peephole for us as we didn't have one so we put a sticky plaster over the hole!

We spend a couple of hours relaxing by the pool, it's pretty quiet down here and I'm pretty sure I dozed off for a few mins.

Back up to the room for showers etc and I write up my trippie notes.

Jane and Chris come over and we grab a cab down to Caesars. We're taking Chris to the Cheesecake Factory. There's no wait and we sit 'outside' obviously it's not really outside because we're inside Caesars!

I order Fish Tacos and Jane orders Fish and Chips, Chris and Richard order burgers. Bread is consumed, it's so yummy! After about 20 mins our server comes back with bad news, the grill/broiler is smoking! Anything needing grilling can't be cooked and that includes burgers! They guys both order a pasta dish instead. Mine and Janes order is ready so we opt to have ours brought out. In fairness the pastas don't take too long so we do actually eat together. They do close the restaurant at this point and just serve the guests already ordered. We get Chris's Mac and Cheese for free, total bill is $142.

The photo of the pasta has disappeared off my phone! We take a wander around the shops and manage to stay awake till 10.10! So far we haven't gambled a single cent!

Photo from inside Caesars.

Sorry for the lack of photos, tomorrow will be better, I promise! TTFN

Edited at 11:38 PM.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

OMG I can't believe they left your door open! Thank goodness everything was OK. Wish I could go to Walmart and only spend $51!
Angela xx
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

You are so lucky with the room door being left open. I love your report so far.
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Terrible about the door, thankfully nothing was taken. Meal looks nice...no cheesecake?
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 17, 06:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

How awful about your room door! I’d be raging too. We never went near any outlets on our trip, so no actual shopping! I didn’t know that was possible on a US trip! Dinner sounds as though it worked out ok in the end.
Old 14 Oct 17, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Not good about the door but a nice day otherwise

Joan
Old 9 Apr 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
omfg i cant believe they left the door open!
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List