Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 5 Oct 17, 01:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Shall we, sharn't we, oh for goodness sake book it! Day 8

It's check out day. We finish our packing, somehow we now have 3 suitcases full and we haven't bought very much!

Cornflakes for breakfast and we call down for help with our bags, the bell hop is here in 5 minutes. We head to reception to check out, there's a resort fee of $35 per day to pay😳We did know about this and budgeted for it. Our food and drink credit is almost even, yes I know it is, I'm good at maths!

We set off heading for Zion, the end of the Strip is still closed and we pass a news crew by New York, New York. We join I15 North, the traffic soon starts to thin out and before long we are in the desert.

As we pass Nellie Air Force Base we can see fighter jets.

A very long train!

We see lots of this!

We're soon the the Virgin River Gorge, the scenery is changing from desert to rocks.

Welcome to Utah!

We stop at the Shoppes at Zion in St George for a Starbucks, a Cappucino, a Vanilla bean Frappacino, an old fashioned donut and a slice of lemon cake is $13. It all looks brand new round here, there's loads of food outlets including an Outback!

We're plus an hour now as we're in Mountain time but we don't bother resetting our watches.

There's more of this!

We find our hotel in Springdale, the Bumbleberry Inn, recommended by True Blue in her trippie. Our room is ready, bonus! The block we are in has obviously only just been built, the landscaping hasn't even been finished yet.

We eat our bargain sub we bought in Walmart yesterday!

And head into Zion, the Visitors Centre flag is half mast.😢

Richard buys a collapsible wooden walking pole to help on the trails, he's got his walking boots on as well which he says really support his knackered ankle. For a change I don't have flip flops on! I have sensible pumps and socks!

We head for the Pa'Rus Trail, it's a paved trail (means it's a proper footpath) suitable for dogs and wheelchairs so we should be fine!

I end up taking my pumps off as they are rubbing a blister, good ole flip flops are back on! As I said thou it's a paved path so to be honest it's no different to walking down my street at home! We're very glad we brought a lot of water with us, we bought 28 bottles in Walmart before we left Vegas, we're drinking a lot, always keep some in the car as well. People are here walking their dogs, I think it's way to hot to be walking a poor dog, they're all panting fit to burst.

We go back to the hotel and do some laundry in their laundry room, $1.50 to wash and the same to dry, a mini box of powder was $1.10, worth it to get it all done!

We decide on a Mexican restaurant for dinner called Casa das Amigos, it's rammed, there is another Mexican over the road which is empty! Chips and Salsa on the house, Richard has a Taco Salad and I have a chicken chimichanga, both are lovely.

The bill is $28!

We pop to the supermarket on the way home for ice cream, the perfect end to our day!

Edited at 03:17 AM.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 17, 05:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

What glorious scenery - so different from the UK!

The mexican meal looks lovely!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 17, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Looks beautiful
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 17, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
beanbunny
Apprentice Imagineer

Just found this trippie, looks amazing! Just the sort of trip I want to do when we can go without the kids.
Old 5 Oct 17, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

The scenery on the drive and your walk looks beautiful. You definitely deserved ice cream after your Mexican.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Gorgeous scenery and tour room looks fab too. Sounds way too hot to get walking though!
Old 14 Oct 17, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
More wonderful photos

Joan