Notices

Old 12 Oct 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

The 'I need to see the sun again' Trip February 2018

This pre-trip report wasn’t supposed to be starting until 2018. That was when I should have been booking the free DDP for an all singing, all dancing 3 week extravaganza holiday in 2019. Then February hit. I really don’t get on with February. All the fun of Christmas is long gone and Summer is a looooong time away. And I always get ill. Two days in bed with the Dibb makes people do funny things. Like booking cheap flights for February 2018 when they’re browsing Kayak and happen to see flights for 1A2C for £926. Direct. In the half term holidays.

I’d promised the boys a return trip in 2019 for my 40th birthday. The original plan was to go in the summer holidays and have one week on site and one week in a villa. Then I quite fancied going to the beach for a few days as well. And a night (or two) at Universal. And the plan grew and grew until it was too expensive to contemplate but with the price of flights we needed to make it worth our while going. You all understand that conundrum.

And while this was the plan, I’m meant to be renovating my house so the funds aren’t really there for a huge great big holiday. But we want to go back so badly!

Then I started to wonder why we actually do holidays to hot places in the summer when it’s quite nice here. If we were going for a week then we needed a quiet park. And I need a winter sun holiday.

So the decision was made and flights were bought. We’ll be flying out on the 10th February with Norwegian for 7 nights.

Then I thought about where we were going to stay. Initially I thought going budget and offsite but once I'd worked out the cost of car hire, food, parking and the time it takes to get around then onsite was a far better plan. Plus all the driving tires me out and being on my own with the boys means I need all the energy I can get! Plus a like a little drink occasionally... We'll be using a mix of buses and and boats and monorail and Uber.

I've booked 7 nights at Saratoga Springs in a studio with DDP. I'll be making a room request for a room close to The Paddock pool so that it's close to somewhere for drinks, pool down time and the bridge to Artists Palette, boat dock and other pool. Something I've learnt from holidaying on my own is that it pays to be close to the facilities and to not have to drive!

I've done all the ADRs already so we'll be eating...

Tusker House breakfast

I'm going to see my bestie!

Be Our Guest breakfast

Garden Grill Breakfast

Whispering Canyon lunch

Akershus lunch

O'hana dinner (we'll be popping to Trader Sam's before)

Teppan Edo dinner

And Jungle Skipper Canteen for the last lunch

Lots of other planning is going on so uodates will be coming as more happens!
sallybunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 17, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Sounds like a great plan. Excellent price on flights.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

I couldn't believe the flight prices! We're getting very very excited now and it looks like Doug might just squeak through onto the bigger rides...
Old 26 Nov 17, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
How exciting. Not long until you book your fast passes, only a couple of weeks.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds fab and lovely photos of you and your boys
Old 26 Nov 17, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Sounds great!

We've pretty much done the same thing (we wanted a warm place in Feb half term and couldn't resist the prices !)

We are also staying at SSR (DVC points borrowed ) and eating at Ohana and Garden Grill breakfast so maybe see you there ! 😉😎

(wo)MAN vs FOOD - August 2017 food trip report
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Very Serious Dibber

I like your style of holiday planning! I agree that it's nice to go for holiday sun in the winter when it's so miserable here. My trouble is that I get so bored in the long school summer hols; really twice a year (at least) is the only way
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 17, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
How exciting. Not long until you book your fast passes, only a couple of weeks.
Fast Pass day is TOMORROW! I'm so very very excited now!
Old 11 Dec 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Sounds fab and lovely photos of you and your boys
Thank you! I tried to pick nice ones.

Originally Posted by penguin19 View Post
Sounds great!

We've pretty much done the same thing (we wanted a warm place in Feb half term and couldn't resist the prices !)

We are also staying at SSR (DVC points borrowed ) and eating at Ohana and Garden Grill breakfast so maybe see you there ! 😉😎
Squeeee! We might well see you there! If you do see us, definitely say hello - I might need a grown up to talk to...

Originally Posted by eleele View Post
I like your style of holiday planning! I agree that it's nice to go for holiday sun in the winter when it's so miserable here. My trouble is that I get so bored in the long school summer hols; really twice a year (at least) is the only way
We do little trips in the Summer hols as the weather is generally alright. So a little bit of camping, trip to friends and this year a couple of days at LegoLand! But I agree that two Florida holidays a year would be far better!
Old 12 Dec 17, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Aww that all sounds lovely! I like your choice of ADRs there's a nice mix.

Have a lovely time. 😀

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List