Notices

Old 16 Oct 17, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

25th Wedding Anniversary California Road Trip Day 19

A good night's sleep at the Belamar, we finished our packing, contacted reception to pick up our cases and bring the car round, and headed to the airport via Avis drop off.

We dropped our luggage off and got our boarding passes printed.

Then we had food at Earl of Sandwich before going through security.

After my concern at online checkin, our seats in premium economy were great, plenty of leg room and fab service from the flight crew. Fillet mignon for dinner and some wine and then gin. Two movies, some sleep and a couple of Big Bang Theories.

Breakfast and then landed. It went quickly enough.

Into the BA Lounge at Heathrow, some nibbles in here before heading to the gate for our last flight. Club Europe on the flight so a couple of drinks to end the holiday and some lunch. Again the service was fab, being in row 1, we were off the plane first and our luggage was virtually through first too. Out to the pick-up point where DS was waiting for us.

And that's us done. Our 25th wedding Anniversary trip has been completely amazing. Only a few weeks till our next week in the US.

Steps: 13,876
8.72 km

Old 16 Oct 17, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Jake71 - 16 Oct 17 6:38 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 17, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along, sounds like a fantastic holiday and a lovely way to celebrate 25 years

Joan
Old 16 Oct 17, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thank you for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along, sounds like a fantastic holiday and a lovely way to celebrate 25 years

Joan

Thanks for reading along Joan, I really appreciate your comments. I also really enjoyed doing the report. I'm not as articulate as others and maybe don't take enough photos but I enjoy doing it and because of the issue with IOS 11 I've kind of re-lived the holiday in the last week by posting so it's been lovely and has definitely helped with the post-holiday blues. I still feel in holiday euphoria after a week back in the real world.
Old 16 Oct 17, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

What a fabulous trip! Thanks for having us along

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
What a fabulous trip! Thanks for having us along

Thanks for reading along and sticking with it. The trip was more than I could've hoped for, we had an absolutely fantastic time.