Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Car Hire & Transportation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.
Orlando Attractions
Unread 23 Nov 17, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by theriler View Post
Am I reading that right as them charging $9.99 per gallon if you havent pre-paid?
Yes if you just return the car below full. 99.9% either pre pay or fill it up themselves. The high figure tends to be levied against business people who don't care plus the unwary traveller.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First Trip Of 2019 - Wow A Villa Not SSR
Mr Tom Morrow is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 23 Nov 17, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by katie View Post
I just checked our credit card again today and lo & behold there is a toll charge of $22.75. We made sure that the Sunpass switch was in the off position and paid at the booth at every toll on the way down. On the way back, we chucked quarters in the basket & took pics of the screen to show we had gone through the cash only lane. Will email them today and ask what they are playing at. When I get my money back I will inform them that people in the uK are well aware of their dirty tricks.

Katie
I'm not convinced the toll transponder in Budget/Avis vehicles makes a difference if its on/off. I suspect if the toll machine is still counting up your coins and you drive off before its finished, it'll activate the toll by plate system and charge you the admin fee ($19.75) and the toll. This would apply to all lanes, even the cash only ones.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 17, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

katie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Thanks for the info Andy. We waited until all the coins had dropped and zero was showing before we drove away. I also took pics but don't know what help they would be. There was an illuminated 'Thank You' sign showing as we drove away.

Katie
Unread 23 Nov 17, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
theriler
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Yes if you just return the car below full. 99.9% either pre pay or fill it up themselves. The high figure tends to be levied against business people who don't care plus the unwary traveller.
Remarkable, that makes the fuel just as expensive as over here!
theriler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 17, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Apprentice Imagineer

I opened my credit card bill the other day to find a charge of 17.41 ($22.75) from Avis for our trip in October. I looked up the e-toll website and it showed that I had supposedly passed through two tolls near MCO after I arrived. I knew that I had paid these in cash so gave Avis customer service a call. At first they told me that it wasnt anything to do with them as the charge was from e-toll and they only pass on the charge and that I would have to take it up with them. At this point I said that it is only the owner of the car who could request the photographic evidence which meant that they would have to do it for me. I was then put on hold for a few minutes while the lady I was speaking to tried to find out what to do. When she came back on she said that the easiest thing to do was for them just to refund the charge, so a good result for me. For anyone needing it the number to use is 0808 284 6666.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Thats too far away
Unread 23 Nov 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

katie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
I opened my credit card bill the other day to find a charge of 17.41 ($22.75) from Avis for our trip in October. I looked up the e-toll website and it showed that I had supposedly passed through two tolls near MCO after I arrived. I knew that I had paid these in cash so gave Avis customer service a call. At first they told me that it wasnt anything to do with them as the charge was from e-toll and they only pass on the charge and that I would have to take it up with them. At this point I said that it is only the owner of the car who could request the photographic evidence which meant that they would have to do it for me. I was then put on hold for a few minutes while the lady I was speaking to tried to find out what to do. When she came back on she said that the easiest thing to do was for them just to refund the charge, so a good result for me. For anyone needing it the number to use is 0808 284 6666.
Thanks for the telephone number. I may need it if Avis don't answer my email in a few days.
Can I just ask - Is that a UK number or US? does it need a prefix?

Thanks Katie
Unread 23 Nov 17, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
VIP Dibber

I shall be checking the credit card statement on a daily basis now. We do have a receipt from the first toll after MCO, the one where the lady told us the SunPass was switched on.
hornetgirl is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Fan
Unread 23 Nov 17, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Monko
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by theriler View Post
Am I reading that right as them charging $9.99 per gallon if you havent pre-paid?
That was on my ticket at collection, so how they'd know I wasn't going to return it full I'll never know!
Emerald Island: October 2017
Windsor Hills: March 2019
Monko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Yay, Florida 2019
Unread 23 Nov 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Monko
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
For anyone needing it the number to use is 0808 284 6666.
Thanks S&S
Monko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Yay, Florida 2019
Unread 23 Nov 17, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Monko
Trying for More Ears

The ticket I received when collecting the car. This is the only thing we received from Avis for the duration of the rental period.

Edit: Apologies, I don't know why it's appeared in a portrait style - I didn't take it that way. Never uploaded to this site before though.

Edited at 09:40 PM.
Yay, Florida 2019