Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Car Hire & Transportation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.
Orlando Attractions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4 Dec 17, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
#21
Stitch & Smudge
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Stitch & Smudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 13
Location: Central Scotland
Originally Posted by sdrfish View Post
It is a marvel the mustangs independent suspension on the road. On one hand on a perfectly smooth road it is capable of giving a spine jarring jolt from a piece of gravel yet when you turn a corner wobbles side to side like its hopping sideways. anyway here is my extensive list of why a mustang is terrible.

Terrible seats.
Terrible ICE system
Cheap nasty plastic interior.
No handle to open the boot from the outside so you have to dig in your pockets for the keyless key to open it.
Boot itself is made of cheap plastic.
Unresponsive steering.
Awful suspension makes ride very unpleasant
Useless brakes.
Keyless entry is not keyless you need to unlock it by pressing the button unlike all other keyless cars where you tap the door handle.
Gearbox has a mind of its own and cant take instruction.
Ridiculous door sill light.

I drive a gtd golf at home and the only thing the mustang has on it is that it has more power. I bought a 5th hand daewoo that was 12 years old and had 120k miles, ciggerette burns everywhere, horrible damp smell and door trim pieces falling off this was a better car than the mustang.
This must be a previous model, on the one we had the ICE was great (shaker) iPhone and Android connectivity with sat nav. Tap the door handle on the grooves and the doors unlocked ( boot too). Love the pony puddle lights. Boot lined with carpet, track mode a hoot, agree the suspension is suspect but the brakes are better than any dodge Ive ever driven. Air conditioned front seats are cool (pardon the pun) and not uncomfortable in my mind. I wouldnt want to own one but Id hire one again in a heartbeat.
Stitch & Smudge is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
OKW, a Dibb Villa and 2 Birthdays!
Reply With Quote
Old 4 Dec 17, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
#22
brown78p
Gone all Goofy
 
Join Date: Mar 17
We were out in October, my son had a convertible Mustang and I had a Cadillac Escalade. They cost the same but the Cadillac was a million miles better. My son only had the top down once when I drove it to the garage to blow the tyres up that were showing as low on the dash. The Mustang was OK but for me a luxury car or SUV is far better and actually faster also.
brown78p is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Old 4 Dec 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
#23
PPM
VIP Dibber

 
Join Date: Aug 08

PPM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by brown78p View Post
We were out in October, my son had a convertible Mustang and I had a Cadillac Escalade. They cost the same but the Cadillac was a million miles better. My son only had the top down once when I drove it to the garage to blow the tyres up that were showing as low on the dash. The Mustang was OK but for me a luxury car or SUV is far better and actually faster also.
Two ton plus Escalade faster than a Mustang ( even the 2.3 eco boost) ? Must have been something way wrong with the stang.

Me? Personally Id not have a convertible, but would consider a hardtop V8 ustang with the linelock braking system. Ideal if you wasnt to fill Walmarts carpark with tyre smoke.
But seriously my car of choice like we had in 2015 was a 300c Platinum with the 5.8 Hemi V8 it would waft along on 4 cylinders the explode when you hit the go pedal. Ours didnt even have the badges declaring the engine. Didnt realise I had the V8 until I opened the hood to fill the washers. A daily occurrence as it was love bug season.

Last edited by PPM; 4 Dec 17 at 02:49 PM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Reply With Quote
Old 4 Dec 17, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
#24
brown78p
Gone all Goofy
 
Join Date: Mar 17
I meant the luxury class cars I have had ie CT6 were faster but when you look Mustang Eco Boost convertible 0 - 60 is 6.1 seconds. Escalade 6.0 seconds so these are even very much the same. ;-)
brown78p is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Old 4 Dec 17, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
#25
sdrfish
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 16
Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
This must be a previous model, on the one we had the ICE was great (shaker) iPhone and Android connectivity with sat nav. Tap the door handle on the grooves and the doors unlocked ( boot too). Love the pony puddle lights. Boot lined with carpet, track mode a hoot, agree the suspension is suspect but the brakes are better than any dodge Ive ever driven. Air conditioned front seats are cool (pardon the pun) and not uncomfortable in my mind. I wouldnt want to own one but Id hire one again in a heartbeat.
Nope it was the 2017 model with everything bar sat nav. I had 2 2017 models as one of them I thought had a bad gearbox turned out it was just a terribly engineered gearbox in all mustangs. I was expecting the gearbox to be like German one clearly I set my standards to high. Shaker audio which we had just sounded mono I played with the settings and it made no difference my standard golf stereo is way superior . The seat are poor ergonomically very uncomfortable nothing like the bog standard cloth seats in my gtd which are perfect. The keyless never worked on any of the 2 mustangs no matter what you did. Lastly for a car of that size and that weight the brakes are inadequate even my old Vauxhall corsa from a few years back had bigger brakes.

Never again I will rent a mustang this is coming from someone under the age of 30.
sdrfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Reply With Quote
Old 7 Dec 17, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
#26
Softy
Trying for More Ears
 
Softy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 10
Have had a Mustang a few times as a couple. Airport runs no problem. 1 large case in the boot with hand luggage. Put the roof down, load a 2nd large suitcase and 2 large holdalls upright in the back, put the roof back up. Drive to the airport.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Softy goes wild... part II
Reply With Quote
Old 7 Dec 17, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
#27
tspill
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Feb 13
Originally Posted by sdrfish View Post
It is a marvel the mustangs independent suspension on the road. On one hand on a perfectly smooth road it is capable of giving a spine jarring jolt from a piece of gravel yet when you turn a corner wobbles side to side like its hopping sideways. anyway here is my extensive list of why a mustang is terrible.

Terrible seats.
Terrible ICE system
Cheap nasty plastic interior.
No handle to open the boot from the outside so you have to dig in your pockets for the keyless key to open it.
Boot itself is made of cheap plastic.
Unresponsive steering.
Awful suspension makes ride very unpleasant
Useless brakes.
Keyless entry is not keyless you need to unlock it by pressing the button unlike all other keyless cars where you tap the door handle.
Gearbox has a mind of its own and cant take instruction.
Ridiculous door sill light.

I drive a gtd golf at home and the only thing the mustang has on it is that it has more power. I bought a 5th hand daewoo that was 12 years old and had 120k miles, ciggerette burns everywhere, horrible damp smell and door trim pieces falling off this was a better car than the mustang.
I agree totally. They work hard to get it so wrong.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 17, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
#28
unixgirl
Very Serious Dibber
 
unixgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 16
This time I had a Rav 4 and last time I had a mustang, wouldn't have the Rav 4 again but would go for the Mustang. Enjoyed driving it and going between Disney sites with the top down was nice. Didn't feel like it was going to go over when I was going round any slight bend either (I'm looking at you Rav 4).
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida Dreaming
Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 17, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
#29
jimboy2
Apprentice Imagineer
 
jimboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 12
Dont forget the Mustangs your probably hiring are base spec. Probably a V6 or if spending more you might get the V8.

I owened a RHD V8 Mustang here and it was amazing. UK cars come with the performance pack as standard so have a pretty high spec. Hire cars are always pretty basic spec
__________________
Orlando May 2013 our 1st once in a lifetime trip Watersong villa, Orlando September 2014 our second once in a lifetime trip POR QSDP, Las Vegas March 2015 30th birthday shin-dig
Orlando November 2016 waiting to book! Now Booked! POR QSDP

DLP June 2017 Kyrad
Orlando February 2018 Celebration

Last edited by jimboy2; 18 Dec 17 at 09:58 AM.
jimboy2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
4th once in my life time trip! 23 day!
Reply With Quote
jimboy2 is a Disney Podcast DIBBcast-ear
Old 27 Dec 17, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
#30
BigSkip
VIP Dibber

 
BigSkip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 13
i stumped up for the GT, it was a smile on the face fun car. Would have again.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
WDW Again?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks
Attraction Tickets Direct

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

theDIBB Menu

Florida Tix

US Dollar Rates
Cash/Travellers Cheques
Covent Garden FX  $1.3805
FAIRFX  $1.3570
M&S  $1.3462
Travelex  $1.3600
Prepaid MasterCard Rates
CaxtonFX  $1.3659
FAIRFX  $1.3615
Travelex CP  $1.3600
Updated: 10:30 23/02/2018

theDIBB Charity
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,009

£

[Learn More]

Euro Rates
Cash/Travellers Cheques
Covent Garden FX  €1.1195
FAIRFX  €1.1050
M&S  €1.0850
Travelex  €1.1055
Prepaid MasterCard Rates
CaxtonFX  €1.1092
FAIRFX  €1.1055
Travelex CP  €1.1055
Updated: 10:30 23/02/2018

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Fri 23rd Feb 5:44am
Now: 19C/66F
Mist
Mist
Cloud Cover: 1%
Wind: 5mph - ENE Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1028mb
Humidity: 100%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 10:09 23/02/2018

Latest Group Posts
Sept/Oct 2018
Wondering who's going?
by WifeyB
Today 09:12 AM Go to last post
April 2019
Hubby gave me the go ahead!
by DisneyHoneymoon
Yesterday 10:08 PM Go to last post
WDW September 2018
How is your to-do list looking?
by KymmieAKiss
21 Feb 18 08:46 PM Go to last post
November 2018 Disney Holidays
Linking to MDE
by Dont mind me
21 Feb 18 05:55 PM Go to last post
Bikini Babes
Weigh in w/c 19 Feb
by WileyCoyote
20 Feb 18 08:15 AM Go to last post
October 2018
Welcome - Come and Say Hello
by MrsBC
19 Feb 18 05:51 PM Go to last post
View All Groups