Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Tickets
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice
Kissimmee Swamp Tours

Old 26 Nov 17, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
yorky
Very Serious Dibber

Im waiting, there are no discounts big enough just now that would tempt me.
Old 26 Nov 17, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by yorky View Post
Im waiting, there are no discounts big enough just now that would tempt me.
Same here. Last January the prices fell below 300 for Adult tickets.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Old 26 Nov 17, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
armstrong11
I want to go now!

If Disney were to discount their ticket prices, when would this happen? Thanks.
armstrong11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Next Trip...
Old 26 Nov 17, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by armstrong11 View Post
If Disney were to discount their ticket prices, when would this happen? Thanks.
15/12 last year, they knocked 25% off.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney cruise, Universal and Busch Gardens
Old 28 Nov 17, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by beeftinkler View Post
Disney like to whack their prices-up in February... Just saying.
That's just for the American Magic Your Way tickets. The UK Ultimate tickets don't go up in price in February.

In fact, earlier this year in February the UK Ultimate tickets were still 25% off.
DLC: Jun 95 - Holiday Inn // WDW: Dec 97 - Gateway Inn | Feb 00 - Gateway Inn | Mar 01 - Best Western | Feb 06 - Embassy Suites | Oct 10 - Hawthorn Suites | May 12 - Homewood Suites | Aug 14 - CBR&Doubletree | Apr 16 - Caribbean Beach // DLP: Aug 13 - Sequoia Lodge

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Nimbus is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Fan
Old 28 Nov 17, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
beeftinkler
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
That's just for the American Magic Your Way tickets. The UK Ultimate tickets don't go up in price in February.

In fact, earlier this year in February the UK Ultimate tickets were still 25% off.
Fair point, but 99% of the time their ticket prices go up, not down (in my experience).
beeftinkler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
3 Weeks BA Club World 5th Year In A Row!
Old 28 Nov 17, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

The UK tickets have already been whacked up. Compare the price for one next week, then July next year-it shoots up in price.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Old 28 Nov 17, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Simplyton
Having Dinner with Goofy

Just an FYI the Canadian discount on WDW tickets is 20% this time round whereas the previous discount was 25% (late 2016).
The Loonie is slightly stronger (around 10) than it was when the 1st discount was offered)

These Canadian tickets do have an expiration date whereas the previous discounted ones did not.

I dont know if there is any connection between the two deals but just maybe an idea of what to expect.

(dates are approx)
Sept 16 to May 17 Canadian 25% off deal
Dec 16 UK 25% off deal
Nov 17 to Feb 18 Canadian 20% off deal
Simplyton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 17, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by beeftinkler View Post
Fair point, but 99% of the time their ticket prices go up, not down (in my experience).
Not including the 25% discount earlier this year, the 2017 UK Ultimate ticket prices have steadily been declining in price since April.

The official price of the 2017 14 day ticket was 419 this time last year. It's now 369. That's a drop of 50 (12%).

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
The UK tickets have already been whacked up. Compare the price for one next week, then July next year-it shoots up in price.
The current official price of the 14 day ticket goes up by 50 from 2017 to 2018, and by 40 for the 7 day and 21 day tickets.

For the 14 day tickets that's a 13% increase. It's a bit higher than the usual ~9% increase, but not excessively so.

And, as mentioned above, the 2017 tickets started at 419 this time last year - see this post or this thread from November 2016). So the 2018 tickets are starting at a similar price as the 2017 tickets.
DLC: Jun 95 - Holiday Inn // WDW: Dec 97 - Gateway Inn | Feb 00 - Gateway Inn | Mar 01 - Best Western | Feb 06 - Embassy Suites | Oct 10 - Hawthorn Suites | May 12 - Homewood Suites | Aug 14 - CBR&Doubletree | Apr 16 - Caribbean Beach // DLP: Aug 13 - Sequoia Lodge

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 07:04 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Nimbus is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Fan
Old 28 Nov 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Not including the 25% discount earlier this year, the 2017 UK Ultimate ticket prices have steadily been declining in price since April.

The official price of the 2017 14 day ticket was 419 this time last year. It's now 369. That's a drop of 50 (12%).

The current official price of the 14 day ticket goes up by 50 from 2017 to 2018, and by 40 for the 7 day and 21 day tickets.

For the 14 day tickets that's a 13% increase. It's a bit higher than the usual ~9% increase, but not excessively so.

And, as mentioned above, the 2017 tickets started at 419 this time last year - see this post or this thread from November 2016). So the 2018 tickets are starting at a similar price as the 2017 tickets.
Some good analysis there Nimbus. I suspect this points to a discount coming sometime soon, and possibly cheaper prices next year.
Like any business I suspect they'll have aggressive monthly sales targets. I'd ticket sales are dropping, a sale could quickly kick in. December will be a barren time for ticket sales I imagine in the UK.
Only time will tell. I've got a backup of a DVC Platinum pass by January though. Also we will be there for 10 days and buying one of the USA tickets with hopper and waterparks may be a good bet. We are doing BLT 5 nights, off to St Augustine for 4, Animal Kingdom Kidani for 5 so we will only be park going for 8 days. One day we want to go to waterpark so a 7 day hopper us ticket may be cheaper as I understand with each day you get an extra such as a waterpark access or golf.