Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
Ocean Florida
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 30 Nov 17, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
#11
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber
 
MrsMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 17
Mobile

We were there 24th October - 8th November this year and it was very busy in general at Disney. Much more so than when we visited in August 2016. The only exception was Typhoon Lagoon which was very quiet. We didn't do Universal this year so can't comment. My husband and I have also agreed we won't return in October again at those kind of crowd levels. The Halloween parties have a big effect on the crowds. MK was exceptionally busy on any non-party days.
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
West Coast & Disneyland California
Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 17, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
#12
penguin19
VIP Dibber

 
penguin19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 12

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We went Oct 2015. Disney was packed, much busier than August.

Universal was fine.. a couple of rides had big queues but we did everything in both parks in 2 days
__________________
Disneyland Paris - 01, 14, 17
Walt Disney World - 96, 00, 11, 15, 17
Disneyland - '14

(wo)MAN vs FOOD - August 2017 food trip report
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney Cruise
Reply With Quote
penguin19 is a Disney Podcast DIBBcast-ear
Old 1 Dec 17, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
#13
Bal
Imagineer
 
Bal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 14
Originally Posted by penguin19 View Post
We went Oct 2015. Disney was packed, much busier than August.
I can imagine that might happen on the odd freak occasion. Around the parties etc. But not generally. Early October through to Early November, apart from right near Halloween are generally pretty manageable and quieter than peak summer.

People get weird perspectives on this, probably based on the fact it has got busier across the year in general.

Edited at 02:18 PM.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Second time for our little girl.
Reply With Quote
Old 1 Dec 17, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
#14
Bal
Imagineer
 
Bal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 14
Originally Posted by MrsMoney View Post
We were there 24th October - 8th November this year and it was very busy in general at Disney. Much more so than when we visited in August 2016. The only exception was Typhoon Lagoon which was very quiet. We didn't do Universal this year so can't comment. My husband and I have also agreed we won't return in October again at those kind of crowd levels. The Halloween parties have a big effect on the crowds. MK was exceptionally busy on any non-party days.
I was there the same time as you... for us, it just wasn't! Very confused.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Second time for our little girl.
Reply With Quote
Old 1 Dec 17, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
#15
Bal
Imagineer
 
Bal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 14
Originally Posted by captbnut View Post
That said, we just did FP after FP, booking the next in the queue. All the big ticket rides were gone or had huge queues so we just went on whatever was available.
Future ref. Just refresh it a few times. We could book anything we wanted on the day at that time of the year, even the big rides.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Second time for our little girl.
Reply With Quote
Old 1 Dec 17, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
#16
Alien
Imagineer
 
Alien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 12
We were there last week of October first of November 2016 and ti was awesome! we ned up being at HS on a day later rates as being 1, and managed to do Toy Story 6 times in the first hour without wait.

However October more than the summer you need to choose the right day
On days MK doesn't have party it's always busy, so doing night time MK is a challange
Epcot is busy too, but not the rides early in the morning - the World showcase is busy
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
16 days @ SSR
Reply With Quote
Old 1 Dec 17, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
#17
penguin19
VIP Dibber

 
penguin19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 12

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bal View Post
I can imagine that might happen on the odd freak occasion. Around the parties etc. But not generally. Early October through to Early November, apart from right near Halloween are generally pretty manageable and quieter than peak summer.

People get weird perspectives on this, probably based on the fact it has got busier across the year in general.
Hmm I've actually been several times and October has been the busiest I've ever been. All my other trips have been school holidays which are usually busy and this was the worst.

If you ask locals / APs they will tell you just how busy October is.

To be honest all I'm doing is telling OP it was super busy. It doesn't bother us as we expect WDW to be busy and we don't mind queues and crowds at all. I'd go back in October but it was very busy
__________________
Disneyland Paris - 01, 14, 17
Walt Disney World - 96, 00, 11, 15, 17
Disneyland - '14

(wo)MAN vs FOOD - August 2017 food trip report
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney Cruise
Reply With Quote
penguin19 is a Disney Podcast DIBBcast-ear
Old 3 Dec 17, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
#18
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber
 
MrsMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 17
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bal View Post
I was there the same time as you... for us, it just wasn't! Very confused.
Well in comparison to when we were last there (August 2016) it was! Furthermore the height of summer is no longer being defined as such a busy time at WDW any longer (for American guests), with fall (especially October) being very busy in comparison to previous years.

I'm not sure how much time you spent at MK but non party days were packed and every CM we spoke to said that this October had been especially busy so maybe you are used to Christmas crowds...
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
West Coast & Disneyland California
Reply With Quote
Old 3 Dec 17, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
#19
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber
 
MrsMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 17
Mobile

Originally Posted by penguin19 View Post
Hmm I've actually been several times and October has been the busiest I've ever been. All my other trips have been school holidays which are usually busy and this was the worst.

If you ask locals / APs they will tell you just how busy October is.
We felt exactly the same and lost count of the amount of CMs that said this October had been particularly busy. It's been widely documented that fall crowds have largely increased over the last couple of years.
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
West Coast & Disneyland California
Reply With Quote
Old 3 Dec 17, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
#20
Bal
Imagineer
 
Bal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 14
Originally Posted by MrsMoney View Post
Well in comparison to when we were last there (August 2016) it was! Furthermore the height of summer is no longer being defined as such a busy time at WDW any longer (for American guests), with fall (especially October) being very busy in comparison to previous years.

I'm not sure how much time you spent at MK but non party days were packed and every CM we spoke to said that this October had been especially busy so maybe you are used to Christmas crowds...
Weve been in Oct in 2015 and this year. We went in August 2011. Maybe we got lucky, but Oct was not even close to our August trip. As I say, most rides at MK had short queues. Even SDMT was just 30 minutes. So quite confused.

Maybe we just got lucky. I very much doubt that October has over taken August though. Maybe the last week of August vs the height of Halloween.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Second time for our little girl.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

QuickSilver

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Orlando Ticket Deals

theDIBB Menu


US Dollar Rates
Cash/Travellers Cheques
Covent Garden FX  $1.3240
FAIRFX  $1.3180
M&S  $1.2968
Travelex  $1.3021
Prepaid MasterCard Rates
CaxtonFX  $1.3065
FAIRFX  $1.3180
Travelex CP  $1.3021
Updated: 09:02 24/05/2018

theDIBB Charities
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,090
£


Macmillan Cancer Support
DIBB Members have Donated: £970.00
£

Euro Rates
Cash/Travellers Cheques
Covent Garden FX  €1.1264
FAIRFX  €1.1195
M&S  €1.1015
Travelex  €1.1119
Prepaid MasterCard Rates
CaxtonFX  €1.1144
FAIRFX  €1.1195
Travelex CP  €1.1119
Updated: 09:02 24/05/2018

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Thu 24th May 4:19am
Now: 23C/73F
Clear Sky
Clear Sky
Cloud Cover: 1%
Wind: 5mph - SE Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1018mb
Humidity: 94%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 07:35 24/05/2018