Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
My Magic Holiday
Unread 2 Dec 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Apprentice Imagineer

I booked originally 3 flights on the way back,
Mia-mad-lhr-man we paid 1285 for 3a 1c for 2 weeks.
They have since changed us to mia-lhr-man
Happy days, the saving on those flights was amazing and i have saved in the region of 2500which will be our spending money over there without those flight prices i doubt we would be going. I say book it

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Caribbean Dream
Unread 2 Dec 17, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
sungiggs
Imagineer

sungiggs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have done indirect with a family of 5 and 3 children with autism in tow. We have done man-dub-lgw-mco to be honest it wasnt as bad as we thought. It gave the kids chance to stretch their legs. We always said that if we are delayed and miss a connection it is what it is and we kind of prepared for that. If it all runs to plan great and if not then it was a massive saving. The saving on that flight will pay for park tickets more or less which is a big amount for 5. Go for it 😊

sungiggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Excited
Unread 2 Dec 17, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
Imagineer

Mobile

If you're prepared to do the flights then book it, I personally wouldn't do 3 flights but that's because I can just about cope with getting on one aircraft let alone 3 lol. but I would be inclined to hold off booking and wait till after Boxing Day/into January to see what deals are about. They had some brilliant deals last year, BA fly drives especially so you might be able to get better flights for much less than you are now.
POFQ/Dibb villa/St Petes Beach - Oct 2019
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
3rd in a lifetime :-)
Unread 2 Dec 17, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Gp1602
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Direct flights from Manchester do seem very high this year and if this is going to get you somewhere that you want to go and you think you can do it then go for it
Gp1602 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Beach Club here we come...
Unread 2 Dec 17, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I wouldn't worry about what others think. Everyone is different . For some anything other than direct is unthinkable and they'd rather not go at all than deal with a longer journey. Others view the savings as worth the extra time.
There are other options , like starting your ticket in Dublin and adding a cheap flight the night before witha hotel . This also works with starting at Stockholm and Gothenburg (although hotels there are dearer) . You can regard that stop as a nusience oras a part of the holiday adding a day visiting another destination.
It's well documented that there are people who deliberately choose to avoid flying direct to Orlando as the UK carriers offer a lesser standard of service compared to their other routes that are more business traveller and less family holidaymaker .

You've had lots of pros and cons but ultimately if that flying direct will impact on what you can afford to spend on the holiday itself in terms of accomadation or activities then a longer journey may impact less than (say) smaller or less well located accomadation or fewer park days.

There is no "right" answer, just what is right for you and your family.

Edited at 10:26 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Will He, Won't He Trip
Unread 2 Dec 17, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
JDD
VIP Dibber

These flights look a really good price to me
Saves having to get to Manchester and the nasty M62
You may get a better price around Boxing Day
We have frequently paid around 1000 each in August
But we are doing LBD -MIA At Easter this year can't wait to fly from a local airport!
Let us know what you decide?

The Shire WH & Miami August 2018
Highland Reserve & Miami April 2018
The Sanctuary WH August 2017 & Miami & Naples
Highland Reserve Villa April 2017 & Clearwater
The Hamlet WH July 2016
The Sanctuary WH July 2015 cancelled
The Sanctuary WH August 2014 & RPR
The Sanctuary WH August 2012 & 2013 + Miami
West Stonebridge August 2006
The Sanctuary WH Aug 2005, Nikki Bird Aug1997
JDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Lovely August break
Unread 2 Dec 17, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I would do it, the worst that's going to happen is you never want to do 3 flights again. If it gets me to the holiday I want at a price i can afford then I'd do it.

We could save up for direct flights or perfect time one stop indirect flights but then we wouldn't have gone back as often as we have.

The flights are a tiny part of the holiday. We had a long winded 3 train journey home this year after 1 flight, it was a tiring travel day but it didn't ruin our holiday and the flights were cheap so who cares.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Finally staying at Caribbean Beach
Unread 2 Dec 17, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by popdriver View Post
You know that's a fab shout to say to the kids choose either Disney or universal

I looked at Cape Coral the villas look nice and it seems to have a central hub of restaurants
Cape coral is fine (I stayed in a lovely canal side villa there), but Naples/ Bonita area better. Cape Coral has no natural beach, instead an inlet with a man made beach on it. Not as many restaurants either.
Look at Lely resort in Naples. Get a villa with Players Club access. That's my advice, from someone who has stayed all over SW Florida maybe 25+ times.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Endless Summer, Hard Rock, Cruise, Busch