Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Dec 17, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

You can hire car seats, but it is fairly expensive, and at least taking your own you know what you're getting. I do take your point on carrying everything though! As someone ekes said though with the second bag drop then finding a porter (who are great and have huge trollies) I think you'd be ok
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

No your not made I've travelled with two toddlers and twin babies!
Some parts were hard work but the holiday was worth it
They're now 9,8,6,6 and we are back in Florida so it didn't put us off
mushumadness is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
They will cope better than the adults, they just adapt and move on. I personally would go for Christmas, the decorations, the parades etc . Its also not going to to boiling hot and be as concerned about shade, hydration , burning etc.
Old 8 Dec 17, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

We went last August and had a 3 month old and a 18 month old, they were fine on the flight, plenty of snack, drinks, toys etc and after a couple of days getting used to the heat, they were perfect!

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Engaged 04/09/18 in Magic Kingdom.
Annie17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

Another vote for Christmas since you wouldn't ordinarily be able to manage then. It is so lovely to see all the special Christmas everything everywhere! Even Scrooge McDuck would smile!

Babies are so well catered-for at Disney. There's a baby care centre in each park that gets you out of the hustle and bustle for changing, feeding, or just a reset button. It was perfect for us when we took an 8 month old, and I used it again when he was a young toddler and had a wipe out on the pavement and ended up needing some bandaging for skinned knees and a total change of clothes. Totally could have done that in the normal toilets, but he probably would have screamed the entire time. It was so calm (and the lights are more dim!) in the baby centre that he chilled out as soon as we walked in.

Car seats - you can take your own but ours is isofix and doesn't work without also taking that giant base, so not a good option in that case. We normally only have a car for a day or two, so then we hire it from the rental car place for $10 (or sometimes it's been thrown in for free, especially if we book and prepay from the UK, then at the counter they just tell us to take one). If we were renting a car for a full fortnight or anything, we'd just buy one locally to use. There's also a group on Facebook where you can post to say you have something like that to leave so someone arriving when you leave picks it up to save it going straight in the bin.
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Friday'sChild
Imagineer

Friday'sChild's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Id be tempted for Xmas but only because I love that time of year

Either will be magical

I have to say though I would consider again switching to off-site, its so easy when staying at Disney to jump on the bus back to the hotel for naps/time out and also then you would get use of extra morning hours if they are early risers

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic7748_13.gif

Edited at 01:34 PM.
Friday'sChild is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by Friday'sChild View Post
Id be tempted for Xmas but only because I love that time of year

Either will be magical

I have to say though I would consider again switching to off-site, its so easy when staying at Disney to jump on the bus back to the hotel for naps/time out and also then you would get use of extra morning hours if they are early risers
We stayed at a villa
Christmas is lovely we are in Florida now and it's magical everywhere
mushumadness is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List