Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Dec 17, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
karlos3
I want to go now!

Oct 2018 flights Virgin

Flights just released for our October trip but no availability for flying out direct from Gatwick on the 21st Oct as fully booked already ,find that hard to believe .Just going to sit tight and wait until the sales and hope something becomes available.

Edited at 07:14 PM. Reason: CAPS
karlos3 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
I'm sure something will come up. What about flying with Norwegian .. they're great (although only do 1 flight a day).

Joa
Old 7 Dec 17, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
andy10xo
Being a bit Goofy

VS15 on the 21st October is showing as 0 available in Upper and Premium and oversold by 50 in Economy. Seems a bit odd given the days either side are showing a healthy number of seats still available.
andy10xo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Virgin are in a mess over flights on 21 October. I have spent all week trying to sort ours out. We booked fly/drive on the 11.25 flight for 21 October back in April. So I tried to book seats this week as it was in range.

Virgin airlines are saying our flight has been cancelled and we have been put on the later flights the same day. However Virgin holidays say we MAY be changed but according to their information we are still on the earlier flight. Either way, we do not know what flight we are on and are unable to book seats which is quite worrying.

I have rung VH and VA and used webchat and emailed and still I am being told they will let me know within a few days.

This is our first time flying with Virgin and I am not at all impressed with their lack of concern over this. I had a few queries with Thomas Cook last year and changed my flight with them all with no problems.

Anyone got any idea what I should do next? Or what on earth is going on with the flights on 21 October? I need some reassurance as this is starting to panic me now ☺
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

We were planning to book virgin flights from Manchester for the 7th oct and then returning 21st, but it's not showing any flights for the 21st. This seem odd as virgin in the past have flown every day in October from/to Manchester They have two flights flying back on Monday 22nd which I am sure in the past they only normally have one flight back on a Monday.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by karlos3 View Post
Flights just released for our October trip but no availability for flying out direct from Gatwick on the 21st Oct as fully booked already ,find that hard to believe .Just going to sit tight and wait until the sales and hope something becomes available.
Looks like connected to this.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...9#post12970439
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Essie1000
Very Serious Dibber

Have you looked at flying with a different airline?
July 2019 Westhaven & RPR
Essie1000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 17, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Just to let op know, there is only the one flight at 1.05 pm from Gatwick flying with Virgin on 21 October. I have finally been told that the earlier flight, that we had booked, has been consolidated with the later one.

I don't know if it is completely full but many seats are booked already so it seems to be full.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
oateyboy
Excited about Disney

The morning flight for 25th October seems to have been cancelled too. We are now on the afternoon flight.

Annoying thing is, I could have caught a coach on the morning of the later flight but not the earlier one. I have forked out for a coach and hotel for the previous day so will be hanging around the airport for hours. I also had transport booked at MCO which needs amending.

I have also been told that my return flight will probably be later too. This means I will miss my coach home and have to buy another ticket. By trying to be prepared early is starting to cost a lot of money.
oateyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 17, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by oateyboy View Post
The morning flight for 25th October seems to have been cancelled too. We are now on the afternoon flight.

Annoying thing is, I could have caught a coach on the morning of the later flight but not the earlier one. I have forked out for a coach and hotel for the previous day so will be hanging around the airport for hours. I also had transport booked at MCO which needs amending.

I have also been told that my return flight will probably be later too. This means I will miss my coach home and have to buy another ticket. By trying to be prepared early is starting to cost a lot of money.
We are travelling by coach too and our flights have changed. Even though we are booked on coaches at a certain time, we can catch a different time bus the same day. Check your paperwork, maybe you can too. We have booked with National Express.

We also booked to stay the night before for the early flight. But it is quite a distance to Gatwick so I don't think I would travel up on flying day anyway. We plan a leisurely breakfast now before heading over to the terminal.