British Airways
Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Dec 17, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
abczyx
Staying in the Castle

How to work out seats

Hi all,
We're flying BA next summer on a 777 WT.
Looking on seat guru and comparing to the seats that are available they don't match up. Can anyone tell me which specific aircraft we'll be on, please?
First flight for our children (7 and 5 yrs) and I'm wondering if we should go for the back two rows of two (rows 43 and 44) or a row of 3 plus the end middle seat further up the plane? Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks
abczyx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Old 6 Dec 17, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Nobody will be able to tell you the aircraft from the information you've provided so far. Which departure and arrival airport (I'm guessing LGW-MCO, but the answer will vary depending on this info).

SeatGuru is not a reliable source of information for BA seat maps, you would be better advised to try thebasource.com

What is the row number of the first row of WT when you look at the seat map in BA Manage My Booking, and is the configuration 3-3-3 or 3-4-3?
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Old 6 Dec 17, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
A little off topic from what you asked.

Personally how I plan it is first trying to get us together in whatever is the best seating layout for how many travelling but honestly? I would be as far forward as I could get and on the left hand side so were some of the first off. It really helps in the immigration hall especially if theres another flight in or due in. I know some people say you need to wait on cases but its rare their not starting to come out when we go through. If they were late then Id rather the children could sit and relax than stand in the immigration lines. On the home that doesnt matter to me as much so choose depending on where we can get sat together.

Large 6 bed 6 bath Villa, 4 En Suites. Themed Rooms. Gated Community. FREE calls & wifi. Cable includes Premiership Football. BBQ. Conservation Views. Fully upgraded. SW Facing Pool & Spa. Unique codes for each party so No Key collection. Baby Equipment. Games Room.
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Girls Irish Jig
Old 6 Dec 17, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
VIP Dibber

Agreed, as far forward as possible is the way to go on the way out. For return it doesn't matter as much, and the pairs of 2s at the back might be nice for a night flight.

Although the whole left/right thing doesn't bother me as much. Theoretically it should be faster on the left as it doesn't have to cross over but all you need is one slow poke at the front of the queue and the right one will move faster. If I was choosing between say row 25 on the right or 30 on the left, I'd go with the right. Not that I know where the BA rows start from memory - those are Virgin 747 row numbers.

As for your question, as mentioned above, it's hard to tell you the correct plane without knowing your flight details. As BA are due to roll out refurbed 777s next year, it's entirely possible you're scheduled to go out on a newly refit one which would be why the seat maps don't match as they're not currently in service. They should be easy to tell if it's showing a 3-4-3 config though, as they're moving to this layout on the 777s out of Gatwick.

Last edited by loldis; 6 Dec 17 at 11:52 PM.
loldis is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
MVMCP, here I come!
Old 7 Dec 17, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
loopyloo33
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

If it was me and you are scheduled on a refurb plane i would book middle 4 seats as aisle access is so much better from both sides especially with kids.
loopyloo33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Can't wait! ...