Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 Dec 17, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Gatecrashing Mick and Joan - Day 4 - Celebration

Wednesday 22nd November

Index

The early starts continue and today I woke at 4.45am, but, I had slept really well. I did wonder about just trying to stay in UK time as I was only away for a week. I had two cups of tea before 7 and put the TV on, I started watching another Christmas film, we joked that they all had the same plot line. Single parent, cute kid, accidentally meets love interest, features a Christmas tree farm, skating, some kind of drama then all ends happily ever after! Despite that I’ve spent nearly every evening watching one at home!

It was really foggy this morning although the forecast was for a nice day.

We had breakfast in the villa today, ham and cheese toasted sandwiches and fruit. Yum.

Todays plan was to go the Celebration. I absolutely love Celebration and all its perfection.

We parked up at 10.30 and decided to walk round the lake first. Literally as we arrived the sky cleared and the sun came out. It was scorching. Perfection!

What do you know, a Christmas tree farm!

We had a slow amble round the lake, we passed a few people doing the same. There was plenty of birds but no gators.

Then to my favourite of all Starbucks. I couldn’t decide whether to go hot or cold. I went for a latte and dad had an Americano. Dad likes his coffee with cream, so I asked for cream and was asked if I would like heavy or half and half. “heavy please”, Then “would you like it cold or steamed a little?” This is exactly what I love about America! You just wouldn’t get asked that in the UK.

Mum had gone off ahead to evict people from my rocking chairs at the edge of the lake. She only managed to get two so I sat on the steps by the water.

Oh my word this was just perfect. It was scorching, the sky was blue, it could have sat there forever.

We had a look round the shops then. First the Christmas Shop. I really wanted one of these gingerbread houses but was worried about getting it home. Especially with my ever growing pile of shopping back at the villa.

I loved these themed trees. I bought what I thought was some gingerbread decorations but actually it’s a garland.

Treats at the Woof Gang Bakery

Then Kilwins. I already knew what I wanted before I went in, banana fudge pie. But shock horror! They didn’t have it. They had to make way for winter flavours. So I had marshmallow s’more instead. Mum had caramel pecan (I think she wanted butter pecan which they also didn’t have) and Dad (boring) chocolate! We sat outside to eat them, they were delicious.

I took some photos of my next house (when I win the lottery).

I was hoping to see some Christmas decs but there weren’t many.
We then decided to have a game of golf at WinterSummerland. It was surprisingly busy and we had a 30 minute wait. It was a pleasant sit in the shade, it was a lovely temperature and the sun was still shining.

Mum won!

We went back to the villa for a swim. Well, I say swim, I may have walked into the pool and walked back out! It had clouded over but was still warm.

Tonight tea was at an old favourite.

Mannys at Haines City. We arrived around 5.30 and were told it would be a 30 minute wait but the buzzer buzzed after 5 minutes. We were shown to a table (I hadn’t thought to ask for a booth ).

I had decided that I was going to eat all the bread and all the salad (which comes in a big bowl) so only ordered a small 6oz sirloin. Mum went for the same and Dad had a filet with stuffed shrimp.

It was all very tasty. The restaurant was as busy and noisy (in a good way) as it always was. Last year we went to the new 192 one which wasn’t the same.

I was determined to have dessert one night so got a key lime pie to go.

We stopped at Posner Park on the way home to go to Michaels for Christmas things.

We were home just before 8pm and shared the pie.

We started watching... guess what a Christmas film. It was called With love, Christmas. I was enjoying it but decided to go to bed at 9 and watch the rest in bed. Of course, I fell asleep. I’ve tried to find that one here but no luck, so i’ll have to look out for it next Christmas!

Edited at 02:15 PM.
i love jack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another lovely day Emma but I can't imagine who's cynical enough to say that all the Hallmark Christmas films have the same plot line.

Mick
Old 2 Jan 18, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A great day at Celebration. By the way, I love your new house!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A great day at Celebration. By the way, I love your new house!
Thank you
Old 4 Jan 18, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

The Christmas shop at Celebration looks awesome, looks like the kind of place where you could lose an hour or two!
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bullpeppar
Imagineer

Bullpeppar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Even during the Summer we buy Christmas ornaments in this shop - it's absolutely amazing.

DLP-Santa Fe '01DLP-Cheyenne '03Quality Inn Jul'05 Oak Plantation Resort-Jul'07-3wksDLP-Sequoia Dec'08Hamlet Crt-Jul'09-3wksHamlet Crt,NY,HRH-Jul'11-3wksRPR & Rotonda-Jul'12 Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'13-3wksRPR,Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'14Watersong,RPR,Rotonda Jul'15-3 wksWatersong,RPR,Rotonda-Jul'17-3wks LGI, Watersong,RPR-July ‘19
Bullpeppar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Mobile

You forgot to mention that all those Christmas movies also feature all the same actors; and that they look like they were filmed in the height of summer! Love them! Enjoying your report too xx
Old 5 Jan 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by eleele View Post
The Christmas shop at Celebration looks awesome, looks like the kind of place where you could lose an hour or two!
It was so lovely, I was definitely in there a while

Originally Posted by Bullpeppar View Post
Even during the Summer we buy Christmas ornaments in this shop - it's absolutely amazing.
I don’t blame you, I always like a Christmas decoration to remind me of our holiday

Originally Posted by Gev View Post
You forgot to mention that all those Christmas movies also feature all the same actors; and that they look like they were filmed in the height of summer! Love them! Enjoying your report too xx
and the same set some of them!
Thank you
Old 7 Jan 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Can I come and stay in your new house
The gingerbread house is lovely, there was one in harrods last week in the sale for £85 😱 it stayed in the shop needless to say .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Can I come and stay in your new house
The gingerbread house is lovely, there was one in harrods last week in the sale for £85 😱 it stayed in the shop needless to say .
In the sale! I can’t remember how much these were but it was more the fact of getting it home rather thAn the cost that put me off!