Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Jan 18, 02:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We're not open Christmas Eve, let's fly to Florida - Day 9 - Outlets and Outback!

So again we manage to sleep till 7.30, it's definitely the curtains keeping the room dark! Toast and marmalade sitting in bed with a coffee.

Showers etc and we head off to the Outlets at the top of I Drive. The I4 is busy but nowhere near as busy as it has been, I think the American kids go back to school on the 4th so that could be why, people are now heading home.

We park up easily and head to Starbucks, it's not quite 10am yet so the shops are not open yet. We have to sit outside in the cold to drink it as there are no seats in the store. I think it's definitely warmer than yesterday but it's still very cold, thankfully it's not raining!

We wander round the shops, Richard buys new flip flops from Skechers and we buy Kitchen Aid spatulas and a tin opener set from the kitchen shop. Doesn't everyone buy new tin openers on holiday? We go into Ugg, not to buy, I have enough apparently, shame as they do have some absolute beauties! Sadly I've lost the little stud thing off the side of one of my boots, the very helpful lady manages to find half of one for me, I'm ever hopeful of finding the other half!

I've also bought a couple more bits in Bath and Body works, I left the bag in Ugg and had to go back to fetch it!

That's the total of our shopping so we head back to our room for a sarnie. We message our opposite neighbour at the villa as we've had an email to say our new pool blanket has been delivered, a day early! He takes it in for us as it was on the doorstep!

We take the boat over to DS. It's busy because it's dry, it not anywhere near as busy as it is in the evening!

We saw a new restaurant on the TV this morning, it's called the Edison, looks fabulous and the food looks amazing too. We're allowed to wander around the restaurant and take photos. It's on our list for May!

We pop into Ghiradelli for our free choccy and into the Candy Cauldron for Rice Crispy Mickey Ears!

Richards ankle is playing up, it's tilted and bone is rubbing on bone, it's pretty painful as we've walked quite a lot today so we head back to SSR.

We drive round to Artists Palette and grab a coffee, we're running low in the room.

We relax for a while and watch rubbish TV and then head to Outback for dinner. We choose the one at Vineland because it's the closest. Parking is a mare, there is no parking in their car park and we struggle to park in the bit next to it as well! Surprisingly we're seated immediately!

It's free Blooming Onion day so we say Outback Bowl and are rewarded with our free onion!

Richard has a beer and I have a Bellini, now every Bellini I've ever had is made with Peach juice and Prosecco, this one is made with Peach Schnapps, Prosecco and Vodka! It was $7.95 which I think was a bargain!

I post my photo on FB, my friend comments that the bread looks like a ≈≈≈≈!

Richard has a 9oz sirloin, I have a 6oz, the bill was $48.

After we get back we eat our Mickey Ears!

TTFN xx

Edited at 02:32 AM.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 02:41 AM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I actually really enjoyed reading this! Thank you!
Old 5 Jan 18, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Another nice relaxed day selina, the food at outback looks lovely but have to agree with your friend about the bread
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
PD. I haven't stopped chuckling about the description of the bread. Hilarious.
Ahh, the joys of being a Villa owner - shopping for kitchen utensils

Steaks look very nice and a reasonable price. I can see my Wife drinking the cocktail you had as she is a Vodka drinker and also likes Prosecco.

We have been watching the construction of the Eddison for a while now as we can see it from the Congress Park pool area. The photos on WDW Magic have been excellent. It looks very good and of course there is going to be a huge variety of meals with Maria & Enzo's coming as well.

Funny to spot all the dried up leaves on the ground at SSR. Thats the problem with planting non native trees in Florida.

A nice day, well done.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day if a little chilly

Joan
Old 5 Jan 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

A nice shopping day, we enjoy mooching around the outlets.
I'll never look at a bread roll from Outback the same way again!
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Glad the weather was better for you!

Looks like lovely meals at outback. I think we will have to try there next time x
Old 5 Jan 18, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
PD. I haven't stopped chuckling about the description of the bread. Hilarious.
That was moi, and it does like a huge ≈≈≈≈ sitting in the middle of the table, but then that's my mindset for you
Old 5 Jan 18, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Why did I not see that bellini on the menu? Looks awesome. Love the look of Edison as well. I have been following it's slloooowwwww progress.
Old 5 Jan 18, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I wish Chris's comment would put me off that bread but sadly no. And those Mickey heads look amazing!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List