Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 Feb 18, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Alamo fuel return.

Quick question.
If I chose to do full to full on the fuel option. And when you fill back up near airport, but the time you return is not full. What do they charge you. Is it just the fuel to topup or is the a penalty charge aswell ?

Thanks

P.s
I will be dropping of at ft Lauderdale.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

As long as the needle is on the full, they're fine with that. So relatively close to the airport (10 miles or so)

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

be advised that some petrol stations nearest the airport may charge up to 3 times what other stations charge.

As Andy said, as long as it's on F you're fine.
ask for a receipt at the pump and keep it, just in case.

if they decide your car is not full, they'll charge extra. The rate will be displayed at the exit barrier when you collect the car.

Now, if you think you will be using up at least a tank of fuel, you can still choose to take the fuel service, either at online check in, or at the desk or exit barrier. The fuel price is not that more expensive than at local stations (except for the 10% airport surcharge, and whatever fuel you will still have in the tank when you return the car)
but not having to worry about filling up on your way to the airport is often worth a few gallons of Regular.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks I think I will get full to empty as you say easier as I am driving from Orlando to ft Lauderdale for the fist time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

Originally Posted by harryz750 View Post
Thanks I think I will get full to empty as you say easier as I am driving from Orlando to ft Lauderdale for the fist time.
I always do this...full to empty. We had a rather scary experience with a puncture while travelling to airport, no time to fill up after the tyre was changed and paid a "silly" amount for my sins

Lesson learned so now just pay for the gas and bring back running on fumes
Old 19 Feb 18, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Have a look at the map in Gasbuddy.com
Old 19 Feb 18, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
if they decide your car is not full, they'll charge extra. The rate will be displayed at the exit barrier when you collect the car.

Now, if you think you will be using up at least a tank of fuel, you can still choose to take the fuel service, either at online check in, or at the desk or exit barrier. The fuel price is not that more expensive than at local stations (except for the 10% airport surcharge, and whatever fuel you will still have in the tank when you return the car)
but not having to worry about filling up on your way to the airport is often worth a few gallons of Regular.
You know, in about twenty rentals with Alamo I’ve never noticed the Full Service return fueling price marked up on the board, ie the price you pay if you agreed to full to full. I just noticed the price for prepaid fuel on the board at the kiosk. As I always prepay fuel I’ve never been looking for the other price. Even after all these years, I learned something new today. I’ll look out for it next time
Good info for all
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

@PPM to be honest, I've only seen it once. Mainly, I think, because I get the fuel service and I'm not looking for this information, and because the board with the prices is carefully hidden (like it's posted low on the booth's door, meaning it's below your line of sight, masked by your own car door ... if you see what I mean)

but well, let's say that it's supposed to be posted.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

I suppose it depends on what type of car you have, ie a gas guzzler or not, but we filled up on the 192 and it still showed as full when we got to the airport.
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
@PPM to be honest, I've only seen it once. Mainly, I think, because I get the fuel service and I'm not looking for this information, and because the board with the prices is carefully hidden (like it's posted low on the booth's door, meaning it's below your line of sight, masked by your own car door ... if you see what I mean)

but well, let's say that it's supposed to be posted.
Thats it. I am going hunting when we are there in just under 2 weeks. I will report back.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List