Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 30 Mar 18, 01:37 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
:) A Decade of Disney Dreaming - 2017- Day 9 Villa needs and then to MK.

As I continue to share last years trip, I can only share a huge THANK YOU for those who find and the post on previous trips. It provides the inspiration to complete and also shows that the things experienced in the past really do help in planning new trip for anyone reading.
It has proved a swift kick up the backside to add day 9.

Day 8 is a little click here away

if you have missed the whole lot the index to 2017 is here .

Welcome to Day 9

Friday 4th August

Today's Planned FP's

Magic Kingdom

Space Mountain
5:20 PM - 6:20 PM

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
6:45 PM - 7:45 PM

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
7:55 PM - 8:55 PM

The recent events had taken their toll on the boys- a night back in a bedroom of their own -never mind- own bed, brought for a longer than expected lie in.

It was well needed.

As was the appearance at Publix at 10 am. No pictures of this but it is on the list for a future trip report! Morning shopping.

We had planned out the next few days of eating and the spending bit proved simple-

We aimed at eating in as much as possible, in order to rein in spending, $160 in one stop at the supermarket on holiday was the first step towards this.
Our challenge was to make this last $160 dollars more than eating out!

So… We returned to the villa for a sandwich and crisp lunch.

Then a swimming pool afternoon before our evening in MK

Despite all that food shopping, we then went to Miller’s for tea- great service and we always enjoy this place as the food and service has never let us down.

We had -

Having tipped we departed more than the $60 lighter, which for those reading closely, goes against the intentions of the day!

We then headed to Mk.

And Mr Grumpy Gills earned his tee shirt once again!

We were parked in the Christmas time parking lot- I’m sure they do it on purpose in the late afternoon – just to make you question the Preferred Parking possibility.

In the days before the invention of preferred parking-you would never have been parked so far away- except at Christmas or Easter.
My eyes and very possibly wallet watered as we arrived at the entrance - $40 to park just for a short walk further ahead to the front.

A place that previously an 8.30am arrival time saw you parked.

Forty dollars - yes you read that right!

Rather than a complimentary bottle of water- I was expecting Dick Turpin to be a feature of the car park!

Not happening for us – it actually really P’s me off though I guess you have done that bit already!

But I’m on my holiday so a simple no thank you will do it!

To think that you only get a bottle of water and a parking place close to the front – money saved again!

I probably continued that rant at the family, as we got the tram to the TTC from the Christmas parking lot of old, without any bags – now this was a huge thing for me, as it meant no camera, it also meant we did not have a place to put all the other park stuff that I usually carry. Pockets stuffed with phones, we headed to the MK.

We had our FP’s planned and expected little else but to soak up a bit of Magic Kingdom and then see the new fireworks- with no camera.
That still sounds so bad, as for so long I have loved taking photos of shows and fireworks – today was meant to be a watch, enjoy and a not see it through a lens experience.

We entered with the new security procedures.

Bag check in the right and proper place – at TTC and not at the front gate of MK.

I have to admit this is such a huge step forward by Disney, for the safety and security of us all. It also begged the question as to why this had not been done in the past. A complete lockdown of MK is now much more possible and the security of the whole place much more reassuring than before.

A monorail intake of the smell only beknown to mankind within WDW.

As we entered MK for the first time, we once again reminded ourselves as to how thankful we were to return.

On every previous visit, we have always departed on the final day with a golf ball sized lump in the throat, a few tears and a deep wonder and question mark as to when we will ever return again.
That sadness is always met with the same excitement as we had on our very first visit, a sense of awe, a sense of what lies ahead in a holiday and thankfully a little reminiscence as to all that has gone before.

That feeling is usually the drop off place for the months of work demands and how the boys have had to adapt their lives, and forgo rather too much than they should, just because work gets in the way of their parents. If they ever read this in the future – we both know you understand, and to be honest it is why we can actually go and do this family stuff together.

Today, we did everything we intended – We just breathed it all back in. That was all we wanted.

A Main Street photo, a walk to Space Mountain, a People Mover ride and then a walk around to the 7 Dwarfs ( as the speedway was showing an hours wait!)

With the wait time at 140 minutes we were thankful of fast pass for 7 dwarfs and rode front row.

A Swiss Family Tree walk up and down and then the Tiki Room

I know it is an original , but as I have stated before, I dread to think the narcotics involved in making this an absolute reality.

In just one photo – youngest DS understood why I had given him a sheltered upbringing, he had no recollection of the last time we visited!

We then had a Big Thunder Mountain meeting/ reunion, especially after it closed on our very first MK day last year – I would love to say we noticed the difference (we didn’t notice much apart from refreshed painting) and it was once more an opportunity lost in putting an in-ride photo that this ride seriously needs.

Would be a great addition to BTM and would obviously have very simple add on borders and stuff to Memory Maker pics – not high on the agenda obviously!

We had missed it a lot last year and I have to admit in all of us there was a determination to make up for lost times. We FP’s and also rode again. Dusk is such a great time to ride BTM – the change in the whole park and the sheer expectancy of everyone as to the firework finale.
I also have to share the most innovative Disney Photo of the day- Photopass/ Memory maker photographer willing to take a risk and take an unusual picture

Firworks was next on our thoughts too, not before a restroom stop though, as you would never find each other again should you need it later – we found a place in the hub, a bit more forward of centre.
The Fireworks were backlit by Lightning in the background beyond the Castle– oh, how I needed the camera!

I would also say we were impressed by what we saw, yet will leave it until another occasion to completely review the fireworks and Castle light show!

I have to admit, I missed the sheer passion and emotion of Wishes. Yep, I have said it before we arrived, and I did miss it tonight, and I really do need to understand that moving things forward is good. It is.

I was so thankful for the many nights we had shared in exactly the same spot and the emotion we had shared, more in the music and story than the fireworks , it once more reminded us of the special link we have had the privilege of experiencing.

We will always miss Spectromagic and from this trip forwards will equally miss Wishes.

The emotion part always kicked in - …”and that my friends is where the Magic Lives”

I’m guessing it will never leave us, but today we really did miss something that will never be experienced again. Wishes always had such a magical part of our lives.

We will never forget and we will always well up in the car once the words “it’s the Blue Fairy …” are heard.
That uniqueness that brought us Spectro and Wishes for so many years will be remembered by this family forever.

However, tonight there was a freshness and newness that I will keep you all waiting for a full explanation – as I watched without camera, it possibly hit every Disney film that has been popular, together with the soundtrack too.

I bode my farewell to Wishes. Will never be forgotten

Our Exit via the back route ( near to the Buzz Lightyear meet and greet in Tomorrowland) allowed for a much quickened departure. It also brought the most pained sound of a mother shouting for her lost little boy - Leon.

HE had kept walking and lost his Mom. The sound of her voice still resonates now - there was panic, shock and lots more amidst the masses streaming out of MK.

We all had it- the same sense of loss and the pain of her voice seemed to strike a chord with everyone, it became an eerie and quiet way to leave, everyone was simply seeking a response from the lost child. Eyes on stalks and just seeking Leon.

It brought about a happy ending, at the back exit met once more met with Town Square – he had the sense to stop and was also becoming disorientated with where he was at.

As they were reunited, it was a reminder as to why you have certain meet up points in such a tide of bodies. All of us had hearts that were understanding the pain in her voice. (I am sure that sound will live with me forever)

As we exited, we then entered my least favourite part of MK. The EXIT!

Tonight there was a new, more ordered, approach to leaving – for regular readers of any days I have ever typed before, this is a huge issue of mine and a magical night can quickly escalate into chaos that really need not and should not happen.

An update in the departure signage meant that the Boat Lane led to the resort monorail and as always it never let us down( this is a massive Dibb tip) I am surprised that the whole resort Monorail has not become a Dibb meet opportunity at this time of night!

- Amidst a huge express queue and hardly a ferry to be seen, we were on the second monorail out – at 21.42. The word result does not even do it justice!

Just 20 mins later, we arrived back in the villa- a whole lot of previous bad experiences paid back tonight- big time!

As much as we all would not accept it, sleep was swift incoming- it was one of those MK nights when everyone just collapsed into bed and went to sleep all at the same time, no music, no food, no energy …….just sleep!

No camera has meant for few photos! It was seriously one of those reuniting with MK days.

Until day 10 - thanks for reading
Click here to read Day 10

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 11:10 PM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Morning!

I knew I had to get up for a reason and what a perfect reason to get up

Even without your camera you’ve captured your feelings and emotions that so many of us have at MK. THANK YOU

Another perfectly magical day.

Bring on day 10 (soon please )

Thanks for sharing as always 😁 😍 😁

KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love the space mountain photo, brilliant poses! Just a shame that it's only ever a photo of 3 of you. I don't understand why they don't have a photo on btmr either, you would think this is a no brainer for the wdw execs.

It really sounds like you were missing wishes tonight. Although it was different I hope you enjoyed HEA.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for sharing. I know you did nt have a camera but lovely photos.
Please can you explain your exit strategy to beat the crowds.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks for sharing, lovely day! I'm not sure how we'll be with HEA, loved wishes so much. Horrible to think of the parent shouting on her child, everyone's worst nightmare, so glad all was ok

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great day as you say we have to move on too new things, and they will become something we enjoy.

Joan
Old 30 Mar 18, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by KittyBlackDog View Post
Morning!

I knew I had to get up for a reason and what a perfect reason to get up

Even without your camera you’ve captured your feelings and emotions that so many of us have at MK. THANK YOU

Another perfectly magical day.

Bring on day 10 (soon please )

Thanks for sharing as always 😁 😍 😁

Love it when I catch you by surprise!

Glad that far too many words did not put you off - I still can't believe I managed a night in MK without a camera

Love your description - it was a perfectly magic day

Day 10 asap I promise x

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Thanks for sharing. I know you did nt have a camera but lovely photos.
Please can you explain your exit strategy to beat the crowds.
Thanks for reading and glad you enjoyed the photos.

Exit strategy is one that has been on The Dibb for a long while, sounds a strange one but has usually worked for us - especially when it is busy.
I do have to admit that I hate the exit to MK. After such a magical day it is chaos when leaving.

Our exit from The hub in front of Cinderella Castle -

Avoid Main Street

The path by the Noodle station toilets moves much more quickly and is well worth heading to the left as you exit the hub.

The Resort monorail is your goal!

As you get to the exit barrier keep your wits about you and look for the new Ferry wait time - if you are sharp in exiting this can be a good option. However you need to see how many are waiting and where the ferries are on the lake. Always worth a look though.

If the Monorail is operating, head to the resort line, yes you have a stop at Contemporary but you will get on a monorail much more quickly than the 'express' line.
Try to avoid being Britishly polite in queuing, they walkway is very wide and if you see a space fill it.
The resort monorail advice is possibly one of the very first things I learned from my very early Dibb experience and has stayed with us throughout - It still works a treat as most American day visitors think it only stops at the Disney hotels.

Further advice

Should the monorail not be operating due to weather or maintenance then head to the buses - the TTC bus used to be the furthest away from the whole of MK. avoid the ferry and just head to the buses and ask a CM for the bus stop number. From experience by simply walking past the ferry line and not even sure if there was a bus saved us a few hundred people in the queue. They have a lot more buses available when the monorail is down.

Hope this is helpful

Old 31 Mar 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Magical day! I felt your emotion as I was reading. 'There is a place, where magic lives'

Love your space mountain pics
Old 1 Apr 18, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Awesome Space mountain pics and that one outside Tiki is hilarious
Farewell Wishes indeed
flo-tinka is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List