Notices

Old 12 Apr 18, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This Revisited Easter 2018 Style - Day 11

I was up an hour before everyone else this morning and I could hear the desserts in the fridge calling me 😂
When the others finally woke up at 9 I had a couple of he doughnuts from homecoming. There had been 5 in the serving but Dd had one whist walking round Disney springs last night. They were really good but I imagine they're better warm! They gave us a pot of syrup to dip them in which was really sweet but we really well with them.

I also tried the hummingbird cake to see what it was like, it must contain banana which I hadn't notice when DH said we should get that. I can't stand banana so I won't be having any more of that 🤢

We decided we'd spend the day in Epcot today, although we've spent a lot of time here this holiday we don't feel like we've done it properly yet! We arrived at 10.30 and it took half an hour to get through bag check and through the ticket gates. Even the pass holder queue was epic this morning! I'd got us a fastpass for test track from 10.20-11.20 before leaving so we headed over their first. While in the queue I got a fastpass for the character spot from 11.20-12.20 so that's where we went next. I always find Minnie Mouse particularly good in the character spot and Dd absolutely loves her!

I'd got us a fast pass for spaceship earth for early afternoon so after the character spot we went and picked up our Minnie pass holder magnets to go with the Mickey ones we got last week.

It was time to hit the world showcase for some lunch. We walked clockwise round until we hit the American adventure pavilion. We went to the smokehouse booth which is one of the flower and garden festival food booths. DH and I both had a beef brisket burnt end and smoked pork belly slider this is served with garlic sausage, chorizo, cheddar fondue and house made pickle. These were really tasty just not big enough! The beef brisket was especially really good!

We also got a warm chocolate cake with bourbon-salted caramel sauce and spiced pecans. This was pretty good, I wasn't a fan of the bourbon flavour but it was nice.
Total for these came to $18.50.

After our bite to eat for lunch we decided to walk out through the international gateway and round to the boardwalk and hire a Surrey bike. This is $25 for a half an hour rental, it was great fun biking round the boardwalk, we managed 4 loops of the lake in total and had a great time, this is something DD had been asking to do for a few days so she was particularly excited about it.

After our exertions we walked round to the marina at the beach club to use our voucher for the half hour rental of a sea raycer. DH and Dd did this as it was for 2 and had a great time, you are able to go all the way to Hollywood studios.

While they were out on the water I took my refillable mug and filled it at the boardwalk bakery, while in there the roast beef sandwich took my fancy. It was beef and whole grain mustard in focaccia break and really delicious! It came with side of chips so I got a packet of classic lays crisps and kept them for DD, this cost to $10.50.

I walked back round to the beach club marina to meet Dd and DH and we made our way back into Epcot we down to the land pavilion as DH wanted to sign up for the behind the seeds tour. This is $25 for adults and $20 for children and passholders DVC members get 20% discount. The tour lasts 1 hour to an hour 15 mins but we had about half an hour to wait before the next one so we headed over to sunshine seasons to get something to eat, we ordered the Asian shrimp with a side of egg fried rice, DH enjoyed this and it was a pretty generous portion.

Dd had the Mongolian beef kids meal with a side of fried rice and apple slices and an apple juice to go with it. The Mongolian beef was delicious!

The total came to $20.33

We left DH ready for his tour and Dd and I went for a chill out in the DVC lounge. This is located above the figment ride and is a lovely quiet place to relax away from the craziness of the park. We grabbed a drink each and Dd watched some videos on the tablets they have dotted around. They came round with a snack cart with complimentary crisps, sweets, cookies, cereal bars so I got some chips ahoy for us to share.

We stayed for about half an hour and then wandered back over to the land to wait for DH to finish his tour. I'd managed to secure a fastpass for soarin so when we met back up with DH we headed right onto the ride. DH had really enjoyed the tour and would do it again it was that good, he got some ideas for things he could do at home in our garden too. After soarin we headed towards the park exit as we were going to spend the evening in magic kingdom. Dd wanted to go on spaceship earth and as it was only showing a 15 minute wait we joined the queue.

We made the short drive over to magic kingdom and you could tell from the car park the crowds were much lighter then they were last week. Before leaving Epcot I had got us a fastpass for seven dwarfs mine train so that was our first stop.
We were all feeling pretty hungry by now so we made the trip over to cosmic rays to get some food.
Dd had the kids chicken nugget meal, this came with a side of fries, applesauce and a chocolate milk.

DH and I both got the bacon cheeseburger with fries and hit the toppings bar for some fixin's. I added some onions, tomatoes and pickles and grabbed a pot of the scrummy honey mustard dip.

Our total came to $31 and after our food we made our way over to pirates of the Caribbean for our next fastpass, from here we went on haunted mansion, mad hatters tea party, the many adventures of Winnie the Pooh and finally the barnstormer.

It was now time to call it a night and we Made our way out of the park. The queue for the express monorail was anything but express, iv never seen anything like it, it was backed up almost to the exit. We walked over to the resort monorail which had barely any queue and were on the monorail within 10 minutes.
When we got back I cracked open my final can of mikes harder lemonade, this one was black cherry and really good! Home time is quickly approaching and Dd is getting upset saying she doesn't want to go home and she wishes we could stay on holiday forever coz she's having too much fun.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day

Joan
Old 12 Apr 18, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Lots of delicious looking stuff today.

Aww bless your DD, that's how I feel when home time is approaching. I never get the people who say they've had a lovely time but are ready to get back home. I could stay on holiday forever!

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Another nice looking breakfast there!

I hate the feeling near the end of the holiday so I understand how your daughter feels!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 18, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another great day!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 18, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 13 Apr 18 1:49 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 18, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Thank you to everyone who is reading along and particularly to those of you who comment every day. I’ve always said I love writing live reports for me to read back on in the future when Disney days are a distant memory 😂 but it’s so lovely that you guys are actually read what we get upto and go to the trouble of commenting, so thank you 😊

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 18, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Another brilliant day. You’ve made such good use of fastpasses.
Old 14 Apr 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Ive just caught up on your entire report - really loving it. The beach club looks just amazing, it’s a dream resort for me and you’ve reinforced that.

Some fab meals too. You really made the deluxe plan work for you.

I never want to go home when I’m in Florida either. Other holidays yes but never there x
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List