Notices

Old 13 Apr 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This Revisited Easter 2018 Style - Day 12

We've decided to have a slower start to the day today. We got up and had some breakfast. Well if cake and fruit loops constitutes breakfast?!
I had my sprinkles cupcake that I had bought at Disney springs on Tuesday night. I got the salted caramel flavour and it was sooooo good! The cake was really light and the topping was really dense and had a good about of salt to it which went really well with the cake. They're not the best looking cakes to be honest but they make up for it in taste!

DH had the hummingbird cake, he said it was ok, certainly not as good as the hype from the server made out, he managed about half as this was a massive piece.
Dd had a bowl of fruit loops with the yellow ones picked out, she's decided she doesn't like the yellow ones, I can see why, they smell like lemon air freshener.

We got ourselves ready and drove up to Vineland premium outlets. I was wanting a new park bag as I noticed the strap on mine was coming away. I found a nice black and white one in the character warehouse that'll do nicely. They had some Vera Bradley ones themed to Alice in wonderland but they were either abit big or abit small for what I wanted. They had a couple of Dooney and bourkes - a Snow White one and a Tiana one. Maybe one day!

We looked round a few more shops but we were getting hungry so popped into the food court for some lunch. This time we went to maki of japan. I had the orange chicken with noodles and a pork egg roll. The orange chicken was really good! I'm beginning to think food court Oriental food is the way forward!

DH got the bourbon chicken with fried rice and veggies. He enjoyed this.
Dd had a bit off both of our plates and we all finished every last bite so massive thumbs up from us all. We got a coke with it it share.

The total come to $22.01 and we all agreed it was great value for quality and quantity.

We left the outlets and drove to typhoon lagoon, couldn't quite believe this was our first and only visit here of this trip. DH and Dd went off and enjoyed the wave pool while I relaxed on a sun lounger with the gorgeous view. It was perfect water park weather today, not too hot that it was unbearable but it wasn't too cold getting in and out of the water.

I grabbed a frozen strawberry lemonade to cool down at one point, this was $4.79. I thought I'd been really clever getting it while Dd was off in the big pool but they returned before I had finished so I ended up having to share. Be both really enjoyed it, it was so refreshing on a hot day like today!

Next up we joined the queue for miss adventure falls, we hadn't been on this before, the queues were huge last year. The wait was only 5 minutes and we all thought it was great but I think I actually prefer the family raft at blizzard beach to be honest. We had a float round the lazy river then Dd and DH went and spent some more time in the water before we packed up and headed back to our hotel to get changed for dinner.

This evenings dinner was millers orlando ale house. We arrived about 5.30 and were seated right away. There's so much on this menu I would love to have but I can never see past the zinger mountain melt so we got this to share between us. It's crispy chicken zingers in medium garlic sauce, fries, cheese, bacon bits and spring onions with a blue cheese dip. Absolutely amazing! We finished everything except some of the cheese.

We also got a pepperoni flatbread to share between us. This was really good, the base was lovely and crispy and there was plenty of topping.

We ordered a side of coleslaw to go with the singers and flatbread which was really light at refreshing and each got a drink to go with our dinner, coke for Dd and I, DH had a lemonade.

I really wanted dessert here, I'm been wanting to try the Captain jacks buried treasure cake for years but always been too full, this was my chance! It's ice cream cake layered with Oreo cookie crust, caramel, chocolate fudge and heath bar crust. Oooohhh myyyy gooodnessss this was amazing. We shared between us but I could have eaten the whole thing. It was just so nice and I was gutted I'd left it this long to try it.

The total came to $37.09, I love millers as the food it so good and the prices are so reasonable! We left around 6.20 and drive over to animal kingdom, we got directed to park right at the front in amongst the preferred parking people, we kinda felt bad that people had paid $45 for these same spaces.

We grabbed a Joffrey's frozen passion fruit drink on the way in. These are so refreshing but I won't be getting one in animal kingdom again, they are frustratingly difficult to drink through a paper straw. The straw gets wet and the slush ends up blocking it constantly, it took forever for us to drink and actually took 4 straws to finish and they kept getting saturated and collapsing.

Our first fastpass was the Mickey and Minnie meet and greet, this was great as usual then we headed outside and there was a dance party going on which Dd was keen to stay and join in with.

It was no time for our fastpass for the safari, so we headed in the direction looking in a few shops on the way. The safari was brilliant, it was sunset so there were loads of animals out and about and it was great seeing the savannah at dusk, the views were stunning. After the safari our final fastpass was for dinosaur, there was no queue at all for this and straight after we walked onto the triceratops spin ride. We played a couple of the carnival style games and DD won 2 stuffed toys to add to the ever growing collection.

I'd managed to get a fastpass for the rivers of light show at 10pm, so we made our way round to the seating area and waited for the show. I didn't know what to expect having never seen this before, we sat through the poor excuse that was jungle book a couple of years ago so we hadn't been in a hurry to watch another night show here. We all actually enjoyed it and would watch it again. We made our way out of the park and discussed how much we'd loved animal kingdom this trip. We are shocked how our opinion has changed, it was always a half day/one visit park for us. In fact some trips we didn't even set foot into the park. This time something was different, we'd had 2 great visits here, we were sad to be leaving and can't wait to return on our summer trip

We drove back to our hotel stopping at the 7-11 for some bud light limes to have before bed r day for our last full day tomorrow 😭

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 18, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 13 Apr 18 2:10 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day we made the mistake of ordering a Zinger each way to much food

Joan
Old 13 Apr 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

We love a visit to Millers. My DH and the boys are never struck on AK but I love it.
Old 13 Apr 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

I really enjoy visiting Animal Kingdom.

Cant believe its your last full day tomorrow - have a great day.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another good day! Nice new park bag
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List