Notices

Old 14 Apr 18, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This Revisited Easter 2018 Style - Day 13

So the day we knew was inevitable but had come round far too soon was here, our last full day!
We got up and considered doing some packing to make tomorrow easier but quickly sacked that idea off in favour of getting out for breakfast and then to magic kingdom for the day. It's been tradition from our first trip to start and end our holiday with magic kingdom. We got out around 10am and headed to Denny's for breakfast, we drove into the carpark and the queue was out the door, we didn't even stop and just drove to IHOP instead. Fortunately there was no wait in ihop. We were sat at the same table as we were on day 1. I ordered a Diet Pepsi, Dd had an orange juice and DH had orange and coffee. I'd been looking forward to a moons over my hammy from Denny's so chose the ihop equivalent, choose your own melt. This is cheese, omelette/scrambled eggs and cooked ham in a sandwich and Fried, served with hash browns. It was good but I think I prefer the Denny's version as the hash browns here were just a slab, in Denny's they're more of a pile and much more crispy. DH had exactly the same as I did

Dd had the create a face pancake, this seems to be her staple here 😂 as usual she had strawberry yogurt tube with it.

The total came to $33.68. After breakfast we set off for magic kingdom, it was much quieter arriving at this time, no massive queues for bag search or the tap stiles. We made our way upto peter pans flight for our first fastpass but were slightly early so went and watched the philharmagic first, I absolutely love this! It was now time for our Peter Pan fastpass, it always astounds me how long the queue is for this ride!

After Peter Pan we had a ride on the carousel and the made our way to the haunted mansion for our next fastpass,

while in the queue I managed to bring forward our jungle cruise fastpass so we headed straight there next.

We were feeling a little peckish and couldn't go through a whole holiday without a trip to the plaza ice cream shop! I ordered an all American sundae with chocolate ice cream and butter pecan ice cream. It was topped with peanut butter drizzle, hot fudge sauce, whipped cream chocolate and peanut butter chips and a cherry. The butter pecan ice cream was so tasty! I think his might be a new favourite of mine!

DH got a plaza sundae with vanilla and chocolate ice cream. This was served in a waffle bowl and topped with hot fudge sauce, whipped cream and a cherry. This also disappeared quickly so guessing it was to an acceptable standard 😂 DD helped out with both.

After our ice cream we walked up to Tomorrowland for our speedway fastpass, dd and I took a selfie at the purple wall as this seems to be a thing now 🙄 after our Tomorrowland fastpass I'd got us one for pirates of the Caribbean, instead of walking across the park we decided to take the Walt Disney world railroad, we haven't been on this in a good few trips so it made a nice change and Dd really enjoyed it,

We rode pirates and then took Dd to see the Swiss family Robinson treehouse, something else we haven't done in a while.

Next fastpass was a princess meet and greet with Cinderella and elena of Avalor on the way we spotted a meet win Peter Pan so joined the queue, Peter Pan was fantastic chatting away to Dd about what we'd been upto today and who we'd seen.

After meeting the princesses we were feeling hungry again, I find magic kingdom abit lacking in quick service options that I like bit remembered having a waffle at sweet hollow last year which I enjoyed so we walked down past the castle and joined the queue. We ordered 2 sweet and spicy chicken waffles, there came with coleslaw and a side of chips,

We also got a waffle topped with fruit and Nutella and 2 cups of ice water.

This came to $31. The chicken waffles were as good as i remembered, the chicken is just the right level of spicy and the coleslaw is very refreshing. Any extra waffle goes really well with the little pots of maple syrup they have available. The fruit waffle was pretty good, there was so much Nutella on it so became sickly quite quickly. We all shared these and thoroughly enjoyed our waffle dinner.
It was now time for our big thunder mountain fastpass, we all loved this ride, Dd was abit apprehensive at first but came of asking to go straight back on, unfortunately with a 50 minute wait it wasn't to be.

I asked Dd what Other rides she really wanted to do before we left and she said dumbo and the barnstormer so these were next on my fastpass target list. On the way over to storybook circus we came across a character dance/hoedown in Frontierland. The brer characters were out, some cows and the country bears. They had a dance with the children and it was fab to watch, Dd loved joining in with the dancing.

After reaching storybook circus we fast-passed dumbo, barnstormer and the mad hatter teacups, by now it was 8pm and we were undecided whether to stay for the fireworks or make a swift exit before the masses. I managed to get a fastpass for splash mountain and thought this was make a great final ride of the trip so we popped into the Christmas shoppe to purchase our Christmas baubles we had our eyes on, its a tradition to but baubles on every trip however I
have absolutely no idea now which ones and from which trip.

By the time we walked over to splash mountain our fastpass window was open, we absolutely loved this, I got soaked when the big splash came from the other boat going down the big drop, much to be amusement of everyone in our boat.

As we were waking back through the park to make our way out Dd asked if we could stay for the fireworks so we decided we would but would watch them from near the entrance, we had a pretty good view and we hen they ended we made a quick exit and headed for the resort monorail, mainly because I didn't want to hear them say the piece about if this concludes your visit to the Walt Disney world resort we hope you enjoyed your visit and travel home safely, I was worried I might cry so this seemed the safer option 😂

I did give bay lake tower a little wave as we passed knowing that as things stand next time we see it in 18 weeks time we will be checking in for 13 nights 😊
We got back to the hotel and packed up our stuff ready for an early start back to Miami in the morning.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 14 Apr 18 1:07 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

What a lovely last full day - you got loads done today at MK. We do it as our last full day too and leaving after the fireworks is so sad Great though that you know you have another trip so soon.

Have a safe journey home.
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A perfect last day, I’m so impressed with how well you’ve used the fastpasses. And fireworks on your last night is just the perfect end.
Old 15 Apr 18, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great last day

Joan
Old 16 Apr 18, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Always a sad day (for me much worse than the actual leaving day!) but ending at MK is always a high.

Those waffles sound good and the ice cream looked yummy!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List