Notices

Old 18 Apr 18, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Scottishnellie Goes Girly In Turkey - Day 2 Chinese

I had set my alarm for 8:55 so I could get up and do the restaurant booking. Dialled in at 9am on the dot and booked the Chinese for 7pm. Hannah had told me to wake her for breakfast but when I tried I got a big fat NUP. So I decided to doze on a bit as still sleepy. Next thing I know housekeeping are trying to get in and I look at my watch and it is 11:50. What? That's almost 12 hrs sleep after sleeping at the pool all day yesterday. What on earth? Clearly my body had decided to compensate for all the sleepless nights over the past few weeks!

Got up and ready. We had intended to head for the garden pool today which is a smaller heated pool but being lunchtime by the time we got out there were not 4 beds together there any more. So instead we headed to the main pool again which has loads of beds. Set up and headed into the buffet restaurant for lunch.

Then out by the pool again with this cracking view

Today they were playing modern country music which Dianne and I love so were singing along in the sun. Happy days. Kieran FaceTimed me at one point and seemed to be having a great time. They had been out on their bikes for a good run so he was happy.

I had been trying to access the dibb since we got here as I had intended to do my report live same as when we go to Florida, but all I kept getting was this

I had thought it was the wi fi but having tried for days, and being able to access just about every other site I knew it wasn't that. It was so frustrating and meant I also couldn't log a message to say why I had suddenly gone awol after saying I was doing a trippie. Eventually Kevin said he would log in under me and post an explanation as he knew how much it was annoying me. He texted later to say it was done. No dibb for a whole week. Eek.

So back to lying in the sun being served cocktails by a waiter going round the pool on roller skates – great fun. So far the Aloha Berry is our favourite, sweet n fruity. Closely followed by the Pina Coladas made in the main reception bar - so creamy.

I can't seem to add a video in the reporter app so will see if I can add it below in the comments

Since I was managing to stay awake today I read some of my book

And Hannah was under her towel watching Netflix again

Late afternoon we headed into the patisserie for a latte and some cakes. Perfect wee stop off.

About 5pm we headed back to the room to get ready for dinner at the chinese

What a difference a year makes eh

This restaurant is indoors and nicely decorated. As they all are to be fair.

I remembered to take some food pics this time

And again we were served by the same waiter as last year. The a la cartes all have roughly the same set up with 6 courses, some of which you chose a dish from 3 or 4 options and others where they just bring you a whole selection to share. They tell you which courses just come and which ones you need to choose something so its really easy.

Dinner was lovely but again we struggled with the amount and left loads. They cant do enough for you either, constantly asking if you want more of this or more of that.

We left totally stuffed. Tonight's show was an African acrobatic show so we picked up some cocktails and headed in. It was really good and we all really enjoyed it.

As it is still cold outside at night the entertainment is in a big ballroom at night. It moves to the outdoor amphitheatre as it heats up. So the photos are a bit rubbish being indoors and just on my iphone but it was really good.

After the show we headed out to the lobby bar and worked our way through the cocktail menu again. Emma had a caramel frappachino with no coffee which she sometimes gets from Starbucks. I am no expert but this looks better than Starbucks version to me

And so to bed. Well after stopping at the reception bar for a creamy pina colada. Would be rude not to lets face it.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 18 Apr 18 8:03 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think that book is appropriately titled for the amount of sleeping you are doing!

Another relaxed day with some lovely looking food and drink
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Sounds like just the relaxing holiday you all need.
Old 22 Apr 18, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
A nice relaxing day

Joan
Old 22 Apr 18, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Lovely chilled day
Old 4 May 18, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wasn’t thinking the same as margyloveswdw about the book title

Lovely day, you look great all dressed up too. I’m very lazy on hols for dressing up at night
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 18, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

You ladies looked lovely for your meal and food looks fantastic.