Notices

Old 18 Apr 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Scottishnellie Goes Girly In Turkey - Day 6 Steakhouse

I was awake at 9:15, up showered, suncreamed and at the main pool by 10am. It was roasting already.

Hannah joined me about 15 minutes later and we went for breakfast in the main buffet. Hannah had waffles and chocolate followed by a muffin and some biscuits while I had a latte with some grilled halloumi and a fried egg.

Dianne and Emma joined us before 11 having swung by the patisserie for some coffee, muffins and and pastries for breakfast. At one point Dianne popped down to the garden pool with Emma to let her play in the heated pool for a bit. It was absolutely roasting today. It has been so much warmer this week than when we were all here this same week last year. Last year we had 3 days indoors as was wet and cold, and on the 4 days it was sunny we would have to give up about 4pm. This year we have only had one afternoon of cloud and the rest has been scorching with the sun still hot at 6pm. Heaven for a sun worshipper like me. And I think the main pool must be heating up now as plenty of people braving it. Not that I was about to test that theory you understand.

We passed the day away as usual lazing about and having our usual lunch in the buffet restaurant with dessert of piles of strawberries and chocolate again.

Hannah left about 4pm to start getting ready. She takes hours. Doing things like BAKING her face?

Which is apparently a make up thing which looks like this

Oh to be young and care that much about your appearance eh?!

Not long after a bunch of very serious sportsmen arrived at the pool having finished playing golf wherever they had been. We were treated to very loud chatter on such intelligent subjects as who had the largest appendage, who had been the biggest idiot off the golf course (could you differentiate between them really?) all littered with choice language. Bunch o divs.

They then proceeded to play their own music very loudly despite the fact the entertainment team were already playing chilled out music not 30 yards away.

I am not good at keeping my mouth shut when things like this happen but I could tell they were already half a brewery down and there would just be no point. So we turned our beds around as best we could to ignore them for our last hour.

Back to the room to get ready

I could barely do the zip up in my dress tonight 😀 and Hannah was telling me off off for all those Pina Coladas. Don't care. Worry about that when I get home!

Usual pics at the restaurant with waiters ‘helping'

Then in for dinner. This one is 20 euros per head but the food is incredible so we think it's worth it. We did try to skip some courses in here so we could make the most of our steaks, so we asked them to skip the soup and salad courses. We noticed at checkout they had given us a 10% discount and we think this was why. We still struggled to eat everything but oh my god it was lovely.

There is a saxophonist playing in here during dinner which is a nice touch.

Stuffed to bursting we headed down to watch the show then into the lobby bar for guess what? Cocktails. Sorry. This is now ridiculously repetitive to read I know!

Then bed. We are getting sleepier every night which is madness when all we do is lie around eating and drinking.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 18 Apr 18 3:40 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Nothing wrong with the repetitiveness of sleep, breakfast, lounging, food, lounging, food, <insert cocktails as appropriate>
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Another great day in the sun. Those steaks look out of this world!
Old 23 Apr 18, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Sounds like a great day of relaxing and eating

Joan
Old 4 May 18, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Love your dress, you look great
The holiday sounds perfect
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 18, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Sun, Eat, Sleep what more do you need x