Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Apr 18, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Urgent help please ** Update Post 42 **

Just arrived yesterday at the Beach club we booked package with Thomson flights accommodation and 14 day tickets in September October last year when the free dining plan was on.At the front desk on our magicbands but no dining plan.Does anyone remember the dates it was available last year ?I am confident it was on

Edited at 03:45 PM.
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
bella
VIP Dibber

bella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sorry I can't help you but I'm sure someone will be along soon who can help. Hope you get it sorted and have a great time.
Gill.
bella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

According to Loves2Plan the dates for dining plan this year are

2018: Offer was valid for arrivals 1st Jan - 18th March and 6th April - 30th November 2018. Easter weekend is 30th March - 2nd April.

If you booked in September/October of last year you should have been within the dates for booking when the dining plan was offered.

Did your Thompson confirmation include dining?
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

I would also check your confirmation- you'll have emails or printed paperwork if you booked in store? I'd also be ringing Thomson. Let us know how it goes.
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

On MDE if you look under My Reservations what does the top line say?

Mine says MYW Pkg + Quick Service Dining

It is possible that Thompson have missed it off but you need to be looking at your confirmation email/paperwork from Thompson and going through them.

Not what you really want to be doing when you have just arrived. Really hope you get sorted.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’re due in tomorrow so I’m absolutely sure it is included in your dates, check your confirmation emails and your mde
Old 26 Apr 18, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Unfortunately no paperwork hotel can not contact Thomsons yet but certainly spoke to an Indian agent that when booked tickets we would receive free dining just an utter nightmare!
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Have you logged into your Disney account, it should be written on there.
Old 26 Apr 18, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Best of luck in sorting this.

You posted last Autumn the price you had got for the flights, dining etc. You wouldn't have done that if you didn't have it. Sounds like a Thomson mess up to me.
Not the first time either. There was a Lady last year who had to get Disney to add it as Thomson were hopeless.
Disney should sort you out as any UK purchaser within the qualifying period would be nuts not to accept what is free.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by fraser301 View Post
Just arrived yesterday at the Beach club we booked package with Thomson flights accommodation and 14 day tickets in September October last year when the free dining plan was on.At the front desk on our magicbands but no dining plan.Does anyone remember the dates it was available last year ?I am confident it was on
I assume your confirmation invoice showed that you got free dining? And your MDE showed you had free dining with your package?

Just because you booked a package with Thomson when Disney had the free dining deal on doesn't mean Thomson was providing the free dining. They may have booked everything separately - i.e. the tickets could've been booked with Attraction World or someone else instead of direct with Disney - and therefore not eligible for free dining.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread