Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Apr 18, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Flights - Premium Economy or Business Class

Can anyone share any tips on when any deals might be around for these types of classes?
We're planning to go Oct 19,
I've done dummy bookings for either Oct this year or 11 months out and PE return is averaging £1.5k and Business Class £2.3k unless you went BC with Icelandic Airways.
Now I don't know if £1.5k for PE is a good price or not, but BC seemed high to me.
Would welcome any thoughts if these are realistic prices.
Thanks
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I booked back in February and manged to snag Biz flights on BA for 1,305 (via Google flights) for October of this year.
Wembleygal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Cantcook
Imagineer

Good fares with VS are below, give or take £100.

PE - £800
UC - £1700

You can get BA's ClubWorld for around £1500 but then they charge for the seat reservations. The general consensous is that Virgin is a better product. I've never flown in the Aer Lingus business cabin, but there's a poster on here who regulary recommends them. I think it might be Tspill (might have got that completely wrong). That would mean indirect but you'd clear the boring stuff in Dublin.
Cantcook is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Cantcook View Post
Good fares with VS are below, give or take £100.

PE - £800
UC - £1700

You can get BA's ClubWorld for around £1500 but then they charge for the seat reservations. The general consensous is that Virgin is a better product. I've never flown in the Aer Lingus business cabin, but there's a poster on here who regulary recommends them. I think it might be Tspill (might have got that completely wrong). That would mean indirect but you'd clear the boring stuff in Dublin.

Aer Lingus Business is very nice. IMO, better than both BA & Virgin.
Wembleygal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lumpy
slightly serious Dibber

Those prices seem high to me. Personally I would wait until there is a sale with the Virgin/BA or other carriers as I would expect to get business class for lot less that £2.3 in the sale.
We have saved around £700 each on this years flights to Hawaii by waiting until there was a sale. This was with Virgin.
Lumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Ah thanks, glad they seem pricey at the mo!
Any ideas on when the sales may be? I know historically they usually have a Jan sale, and I know Virgin had a sale in Sept once but wondered if there were any other rough dates?
Thanks😀
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wembleygal View Post
Aer Lingus Business is very nice. IMO, better than both BA & Virgin.
We did look into this option but it seems they only fly on certain dates back from MCO and I need to be back in the UK by a certain date and it wasn't going to work for us this time around.
Old 26 Apr 18, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lumpy
slightly serious Dibber

They seem to have sales several times during the year and BA have periodic luxury seat sales but other than around christmas I am not sure, but they do seem to pop up on a regular basis so shouldn't be too long til the next one
Lumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List