Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 May 18, 03:27 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

From Contemplation to Booked Vacation - Day 2 (LIVE)

Day 2 - May 3rd

As far as I was aware, I didn’t wake up in the night, and slept until 5:45. I probably could have slept some more but I knew my alarm would again be going off at 6, as I had breakfast booked at Disney at 7:30.

I left the hotel at 7 and arrived at the Contemporary Resort at 7:20. I made my way to The Wave for the breakfast buffet. Once I’d checked in, I had to wait a couple of minutes while other guests were seated and then I was taken to my table. I ordered the buffet, and had a tea and an orange juice.

I was dismayed to discover that they appear to have stopped serving the sausage gravy, which is my favourite thing to have here! I asked someone when I was up there a second time and she said that it’s been replaced, but she would go and check for me. When she returned, she was very apologetic and said they had none. I had some fresh fruit, hot food and of course a Mickey waffle or 3! I had 3 yummy plates in total and left just before 9:00 feeling thoroughly stuffed!

After a look around the shops upstairs, I left the hotel at 9:45 and made my way to the FL mall, arriving at 10:30. I did a bit of shopping and had a look at the 2 nail places as I’d been looking for somewhere to get a pedicure done. The first one I went to, I wasn’t keen on, but I decided to go to the second one. I popped back to the car to put my sandals on and left my bags in the car.

I chose a deluxe pedicure, and chose my polish before going to the massage chair. I was pleased to see that the guy had a sealed pack of nail tools, and the foot-bath had a fresh plastic cover put onto it for me. While he was doing my nails he asked if I wanted to go for gel polish instead for an extra charge and I agreed. I didn’t want to risk ruining the polish if I had normal!

I left the mall afterwards at around 14:00, and decided to go to Disney Springs. Once there I grabbed a Frappuccino from Starbucks, and then I decided I was actually a little peckish. And when you’re a bit peckish in DS, you go to EoS! (Well, you do if you’re me!) I ordered a holiday turkey without the cranberry, and got a cup of water.

It was interesting to see just how much has changed at DS since I was last there 2 years ago - there’s a whole new section of shops! I didn’t get round everything but I’ve got plenty of time! It’s a shame that half of World of Disney is blocked off, and they’ve removed Stitch from above one of the doors!

One of the hotels I’ve always been meaning to have a look at is Art Of Animation, so at 16:20 I was waiting at the bus stop for a bus there. It was along in a couple of minutes but it took some time to leave due to the drivers switching.

I walked around the resort, taking pictures and enjoying the sunshine. I walked to the bus stop at 18:10 but just missed a bus (I think it was full as there were a few people in front of me. The next bus was due in 20 minutes but after 25 it still hadn’t arrived. It was actually a wait of just over 30 minutes.

Once we got back to DS, I decided I would go back to the car and head back to the hotel. I decided to pick up McDonalds on the way back as I’ve been wanting to try their guacamole burger ever since I heard about it!

I ate while watching the tv, the only thing that I was vaguely interested in was the tourist channel! The burger was good, I wasn’t keen on the pico de gallo, but the guacamole was lovely. I chilled out until 21:30 when I jumped in the shower, and like last night, I’m posting this and going to bed!
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

Great report, I love the Wave for breakfast
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Excellent selection of food today, and a very nice relaxed start to your trip.

You should have grabbed some dinner at Art of Animation, Landscape of Flavors is really good!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Cerise
Looking for my Ears

Great report. Breakfast looked so good.
Cerise is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

What a relaxing first day!

Looking forward to reading more.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 18, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

I had a guacamole burger when I was there in February, I wish they did them here! It sounds like you're having a great trip, and very relaxed too
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

What a lovely chilled 1st day, looking forward to reading your other days.
Old 6 May 18, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A nice relaxing first day

Joan
Old 6 May 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A nice relaxed first day. I know you were excited about your breakfast at Wave so a bit of a shame your gravy wasn't there anymore. AoA is so lovely the theming is great, the food hall is really nice too if you pop there another time. Your burger sounds fab I could just eat one now!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List