Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 May 18, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
A Decade of Disney Dreaming - 2017- Day 12- Typhoon Lagoon, Musical Magic and More!

Welcome back and once again thank you for your continued reading and for your patience in waiting for the next day to be posted.

If you have missed all that has gone before the whole index is a click here away.

Yesterday, Day 11, is here.

Welcome to Day 12

Monday 7th August 2017

Planned FP's today

Disney's Hollywood Studios
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
3:30 PM - 4:30 PM
The Music of Pixar Live!
4:30 PM - 4:50 PM
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™
6:20 PM - 7:20 PM .

A relatively early start today - one look out of the window and it was still hot hot hot!
That made the choice of activity a simple one.

A petrol filling visit was the first must of the day, as we headed to Typhoon Lagoon for our customary water park visit.

We arrived just after opening and were well prepared with towels and a drinks cup from the villa -it was noticeable that there were fewer cars than we had experienced last year – noted that Monday could be a good water parks day

We then only had to pay the $15 for a locker rather than for parking.

Slush and Gusher was our first stop after the sun cream dousing. Once more just to stick the two fingered salute to the time when Joe was denied riding, having previously on the same day in 2013 -it is a click here away -

We were suitably impressed with this ride, as always, but chose to move on - Mis- Adventure Falls was a new addition this year and we were desperate to see what it brought- we were not disappointed.

It was fab family raft ride that ensured everyone was soaked and there was no walking up steps with a huge raft- it was fab.

We did note the removal of the swim with the fish part of the park and made use of the sandy beach that now appears instead of the salt water pool and the most unsanitary recycling of face masks and snorkels- as much as I enjoyed the swim, the snorkel bit always bugged me, it tasted horrible and I just could not even begin to think whose mouth the snorkel had been on before - I'm not going there – but the taste of the mouth piece after cleansing was gag inducingly awful.

Today, we did two things that we usually never do- put a towel on a sun lounger and we tried the refillable mug that we brought from the villa - that also involved a walk back to the locker for money.

Now, whilst not strictly within the spirit of the place I did try the cup before handing over the cash- now you get no ice, no sprite no coke no anything, but you do get Minute Maid lemonade

It meant that I had wasted my trip to the locker yet now had a 20 dollar bill to keep dry! Better still in my pocket though!

Alison took care of it, as well as water shoes and sun glasses whilst the boys and I enjoyed the slides on the near vicinity- the first of which always does for my back but has to be done!

Nearly 45 minutes later we reappeared to a rather heat frazzled wife and mum.

I was going to include the sentence -"hot looking wife" but the gag that comes after might earn me a night in the spare room that is in the villa!

The lazy river was the cool down option

and after a completed circuit we joined the shortish queue for Mis-Adventure Falls once again. 20 mins later and another photopass photo we headed back to the towel and gathered our belongings before a final session in the wave pool and waiting ages for the huge waves to start again.

During the wait, I spotted(just from the corner of my eye) the most blinged up lifeguard as yet unknown to mankind- with gold shades and watch - I was guessing she would not be jumping in to save you, nor me, at anytime soon. Although there was that temptation just to see what happens if

We had spent 4 hours in the park, and by our rather hot and over heated state- that was enough. It was the sun wot did it, honest! Nothing to do with the view in the wave pool!
We were feeling the heat, Alison especially. Must have been her hot looking wife moment from earlier.

The lifeguard however was still soaking up the rays and upping her tan, which given her obvious recent change of work wear, was probably needed!

We showered, changed and set about finding the Orlando Ale House -just near to Crossroads - it was a 5 minute drive and having not eaten much all day we were rather hungry.
This was so well received and needed.

Our day was not over though – we had plans and a long held FP that was booked just with the thought of losing ourselves in a little bit of music.

We arrived just in the nick of time and had used the wifi in the Ale House to change our first fast pass for a later time.
It was just as well we did- We only just made it in time for the show!

What followed was just a piece of Disney magic beyond what I even thought it could have been – one live orchestra and just a wonderful experience.
We all sat enchanted by the music and sang along too.
This was just an absorbing experience and one which we all agreed that we would need to see again.

We managed a quick Rock ‘n Roller single rider line visit and Josh got to find out what happens when you sit with someone who has not read the terms and conditions linked to ride photos! This is how it looked when we downloaded all of our Memory maker photos.

We then rode Tower of Terror and despite our favourite pose for the photo we once again found that the video was not available!

We were tiring and knew we had an early start in the morning – a trip to Boardwalk to round it all off and we then headed back to the villa.

... with the thought of a hot tub and some relaxation before bed. We were totally shattered and the heat had really done it to us today.

DAY 13 is a click here away

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 01:00 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

what a great busy day! I hope the Pixar show is still on when we go, looks fab.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Alison doesn't know how lucky she is that you change 'hot looking' to 'frazzled'! How thoughtful of you!

It sounds like you had an amazing time listening to the orchestra, I wish they would bring this back!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Alison doesn't know how lucky she is that you change 'hot looking' to 'frazzled'! How thoughtful of you!

It sounds like you had an amazing time listening to the orchestra, I wish they would bring this back!

I thought so too! It was Hot wife in the notes and that seemed to flag when googled I do think about every word I type thankfully and I'm pleased I changed it!

The Orchestra was something to behold - something totally true to the Disney ideal and in a park that was a shadow of its former self this will remain a moment to remember.

It actually shows what they can still put on when they don't start thinking about how much it costs

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Fantastic photo of you all on Mis Adventure Falls

I don't think i could watch the Pixar Live Concert again, the 'UP' part is too emotional for me

Waterpark days are definitely more tiring than regular park days

Old 15 May 18, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day, loving the photo on TOT

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Great shot of you guys on Misadventure Falls, I do love that they have Photopass guys in the water parks. I had never considered the perils of recycling snorkels before and now I feel quite ill, despite never having snorkelled.

I wish I’d seen Pixar Live, we arrived too late in the summer for it.

How can you be so calm on ToT?! I am really trying to pluck up the courage to do it for the first time.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
what a great busy day! I hope the Pixar show is still on when we go, looks fab.
Have to admit it will be the part of this whole trip that will stick in the memory forever - it was such an amazing sight to see a full orchestra and percussion too - youngest DS is a drummer.
From a cost point of view I am certain this will not be some thing that will live on in the park as the number of people in the orchestra will simply annoy the accounts dept at Disney towers!

It was a limited time offering last summer - but something I hope they repeat.
Incredible viewing

Magical.

Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
Fantastic photo of you all on Mis Adventure Falls

I don't think i could watch the Pixar Live Concert again, the 'UP' part is too emotional for me

Waterpark days are definitely more tiring than regular park days

The water park bit, hits us tomorrow - keep reading , as it is a bit of a shocker!
As many time as I have ever seen UP - I still suffer the first 15 mins
I always will - it is our own personal dream lived out on film
I share your thoughts - the whole music of UP is so emotional.

Thanks for understanding what I really went through listening to such an incredible orchestra

Old 17 May 18, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

No idea how I missed this going up 😳

Fab read, as always!

Miss adventures falls looks positively relaxing and what a great photo finish I love a Minute Maid so a good use of your refillable foc

I really hope they do a similar kind of show for the Increble Summer as we were really sad to have missed it in person. It looked brilliant on the YT.

Love the placement of your logo for RnR, we too have rather a few like that Shame no video for ToT but love the pose!

I’ve woken up early after a disturbing dream so thank you for putting a smile back on my face at the start of the day

10 weeks will be gone before you know it 😉
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

The Pixar show looks amazing, no wonder you loved it. Live music + Disney, what’s not to love?

I’m glad you were keeping a close eye on the lifeguard. I was getting a little worried about her falling in with her bling on
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List