Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jun 18, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Thomson Dreamliner - pulling luggage

Hi , does anyone know if you can pull luggage allowance with Thomson ? Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by vonid123 View Post
Hi , does anyone know if you can pull luggage allowance with Thomson ? Thanks
Do you mean 'pooling@ luggage allowance?

If so most airlines do do allow any case to be over their maximum weight allowance without some sort of (usually financial) penalty.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Do you mean can you split a baggage allowance of 20kg over two cases?

If so the answer is no, I had to ask them for my upcoming flight.
Old 21 Jun 18, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
filharmonic
Apprentice Imagineer

filharmonic's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

You can pool your luggage allowance we did on the way here with an empty case inside ours the only problem is there is a maximum weight of 23kg per case
filharmonic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by filharmonic View Post
You can pool your luggage allowance we did on the way here with an empty case inside ours the only problem is there is a maximum weight of 23kg per case
That not pooling your allowance then.

Pooling is where you both have say 23kg (46kg in total) and you either Take 1 case weighing say 30kg or 1 case weighing 26kg and 1 case weighing 20kg.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post

[QUOTE=filharmonic;13321669]You can pool your luggage allowance we did on the way here with an empty case inside ours the only problem is there is a maximum weight of 23kg per case[/

You post made me doubt myself so i phoned back and got someone else and they said you can do it! Why am i getting conflicting advice, dont know who to believe
Old 21 Jun 18, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by filharmonic View Post
Originally Posted by TheWilsons View Post
You post made me doubt myself so i phoned back and got someone else and they said you can do it! Why am i getting conflicting advice, dont know who to believe
I hadn't thought of that scenario, I suppose If your allowance is 20kg and the maximum case weight is 23kg then you won't exceed either your allowances or the case weight.

However the mere fact that you have now got 2 different answers from your airline would suggest that people are not sure, if they are not sure in the call centre you can bet they won't be sure at check in. You may just get someone who thinks that you cant put more than 20kg in one case.

I would email the airline and get a confirmation in writing, that way you can take it with you.

Edited at 02:59 PM.
Old 21 Jun 18, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You can pool your luggage allowance as long as you don't got over the 23kg which is what they are allowed to lift and the total weight allowed

we do it every year

we have 3 x 23kg then I buy the extra 5kg each

the cases I leave around the 20/21kg then the extra (15kg bought) I can raise to 18
that's just a small example , not the exact maths

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
You can pool your luggage with tuI to Florida.

This is per party. Sof if you have 20kg (the norm for tui or you can pay for 5kg more) per person and 4 of you then you total party weight must be below 4x 20kg = 80kg.
As you can have upto 5 bags per person this means you are allowed up to 20 bags in the hold weighing no more than 80kg. Nne of these must be over 23kg
fredflintstone is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
From the TUI website here:

tui/destinations/i...age-allowance#

"For TUI Airways flights, you’re allowed to pool your luggage allowance with anyone else travelling on your booking. However, each bag can only weigh up to 23kg".

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List