Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports Download the app for iOS or Android
Unread 25 Jun 18, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Scottishnellies Redundancy Trip Jun18. Day 7. Villa Chillin, Trainer Shopping, Steak N Shake

I woke at 7am and found Kieran was already in the games room on the PlayStation3. He gets up so early! He said he had slept great. Last year in this villa he used our bathroom all the time despite having his own. This year being a bit older and starting to enjoy his own space more, he has set his own bathroom up with all his toiletry stuff. He has even perfectly laid out all the shells he collected in Anna Maria Island which I thought was so cute 😊. Its an impressive collection!

By 7:30 I was out by the pool with my coffee watching all the birds out the back. The hawk was up to his old tricks and causing panic among the wee birds protecting their nests. Love sitting out here. It's just so quiet.

Last night I had got all the washing finished so we are off to a nice fresh start. We then spent ages in the games room playing pool, then Kevin Kieran and I had a wee half hr in the spa before bed. I left the spa to go in for my shower and turned the pool light off as Kevin prefers to sit in the dark. 2 minutes later kieran is running in to say they can see the fireflies again 😃 so in future we will be out there with the lights off, as we just loved watching them last year (although those who read last year might remember that at first we thought we were being spied on!).

This is one of the many great things about this villa. If you read other people's entries in the guest book almost everyone comments on how amazing the wildlife is out the back.

Back to this morning. Kevin got up about 9 and joined me at the pool with his tea.

Kieran came out then and went off for a wee explore out the back, having been warned to watch out for gators.

Last year Kieran had missed having some sort of gaming station in the games room so now that Randy has added that he is in his element. Kieran is very active and loves the pool. But he is up at 6am most mornings, way before us and far too early to be splashing around. So the PlayStation 3 is an absolute godsend.

Randy and Barb have been upgrading the villa even more over the past year, and we've made quite a game of going around spotting what's new! It's looking fab and we are so going to enjoy our next 2 weeks here. Especially Kevin. If only I had a dollar for every time he said ^i just love this^ when we were in the spa last night!

By 10am Kieran had resumed his daily job from last year

Before jumping in to enjoy the pool

We spent the whole day just relaxing here, dipping in the pool and reading.

Apart from Hannah who stayed in her room. But although I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to sit in the sun I now just accept her idea of chilling is different to mine. At home, on the rare occasion we've had sun and I nag her to come out she just sits under a towel so she can see her phone

So if she wants to shuffle around the villa, wrapped in a huge fluffy blanket, phone in one hand, iPad in the other, and a bagel in her mouth, who am I to argue? As long as she is happy!

Anyway, it was so nice floating around doing nothing but enjoying the sun. My mum had told me there was good weather back home. Later Andrew (our friend whom some of you know from the 2015 and Turkey trippie) was messaging me to see what we were up to. I sent him this pic

only to get this straight back

He's hilarious!

Then we got this one

Wish they were here!

We all showered and got ready, leaving at 3pm to go to the converse and Nike outlets on old Vineland rd.

Nike shop first where us 3 patiently waited for Hannah to try on the whole shop.

We got trainers for both kids and shorts for Hannah

There's 2 receipts as he forgot to take the 20% off Hannah's trainers so had to refund me
While we were in Nike the skies went dark and the rain started chucking it down, and I mean bouncing!

Next was converse where we got some good bargains. We bought 2 pairs for Hannah

2 pairs for Kieran

1 pair for Kevin

And 2 tshirts for me

Then we popped into dollar tree for some bits n pieces. We got soaked just getting back to the car!

From there we drove 6mins along the 192 to Aldi. Where we picked up coffee pods, bread n things. Getting soaked again to and from the car.

Finally it was onto Steak n Shake for a simple quick dinner as I had a groupon to use for $20. This cost $10 but I had a groupon discount code that made it $7.

I showed it to the server when we sat down and she said that would be fine to use when we paid at the til on the way out.

Because we had gotten so wet, sitting in the aircon was torture for me. I was freezing. And I hate being freezing 😡

Kevin had a jalapeo burger

Kieran had a bacon double cheeseburger

Hannah had chicken fingers

And I had a grilled chicken salad which actually very fresh and tasty

Kieran had a chocolate milkshake and the rest had diet cokes

When I went to pay the bill he took the voucher, scanned it umpteen times and it came up declined. He phoned his head office who said it had been redeemed in October 2017. I said that was clever since I'd only bought it 5th May and showed him my groupon email This led to a 10 minute... well, let's call it a discussion. I was so not in the mood for this. Freezing and grumpy. Eventually he saw sense and gave me my $20 off.

Back into the car, heating on, heated seat on, and headed back to the villa. By the time we got home I had defrosted. Emotionally as well as physically. Just.

Into the villa all nice and cosy, shopping away, and we settled down to watch Jurassic World. Kevin had discovered a lead had fallen out the back which was why he couldn't get it to work yesterday. So now we were back in business.

chill out time

Night all x

scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
1 week Anna Maria then 15 nights Villa
Unread 25 Jun 18, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 25 Jun 18 1:53 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 18, 04:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Rhoose
Dancing with Tink'

A good relaxing day. The villa is lovely and in a great position. Your shopping expedition went well.
Rhoose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 18, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I hate being frozen in resturants with the AC so I feel your pain
Good day though
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Halloween Thanksgiving pre Christmas
Unread 25 Jun 18, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
VIP Dibber

Love Kierans shell display! Your salad looks good.
Sounds like a lovely chilled day
i love jack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Time to start planning
Unread 25 Jun 18, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
JanetteParker
VIP Dibber

JanetteParker's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Love villa chilling. Must have missed the Steak n Shake Groupon, bargain. Great prices on the Converse.

Janette
Dibb Villas @ Crescent Lakes @ Legacy Park, August 2018. SSR, Dibb Villa Sunset Lakes May2018
Kidani AKL, Dibb Villa @ Manors at West Haven 2017, Staybridge Suites LBV, Dibb Villas @ Crescent Lakes & Highlands Reserve 2016 OKW, Dibb Villa @ Manors at West Haven & RPR 2016, Magic Landings 2015, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 2012, Highgrove 2009, Legacy Park 2007, Indian Point 2006 and 2005, Florida Pines 2004

My trip report 2018 + Pre-Trip Reports
Just the Two of Us
JanetteParker is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2 trips May & October 2019
Unread 25 Jun 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Being wet and then sitting in AC is just not pleasant at all! But other than that and your "discussion" about your Groupon voucher, it was a really laid back, chilled day. Love it.
Unread 25 Jun 18, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Lovely chilled day, I remember seeing your villa in your trippie last year, it looks so peaceful. Did you need a coupon for the extra discount at Nike or is it added automatically? Love a shake from steak and shake... the salad looked really nice! Have a good day today x
darbs is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
New York and Treasure Island... soo excited!
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less