Notices

Old 1 Jul 18, 02:59 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Scottishnellies Redundancy Trip Jun18. Day 13 Showcase Of Citrus Swamp Tour, Florida Mall, Teak

Woke up at 7:30, made my coffee and sat out on by the pool. Mr Hawk was very busy terrorising the area this morning. I was watching him circling around then swooping down while all the wee birdies were chirping warnings to each other. Next thing he decides to take a break and comes to land right above my head! Right there on the pool cage! I would swear he was saying ^Jings - not having much luck this morning am I Nellie?^

Then he flew off. I only managed to get a quick few photos with my phone so not great quality but was lovely to see him up close - I swear he looked me right in the eye too. Probably sick of me watching him every morning!

I love watching all the wildlife here. Last night there were so many fireflies. We've worked out that just as soon as the sun has fully set the fireflies are in full swing for about 45minues. Then they start to die down and you only see flashes every 5 seconds or so then it gets less and less. So directly from sunset appears to be optimum firefly time. Lots of other birds around this morning

Kevin got up about 8:30 and joined me with his coffee. Peace perfect peace. We had no plans for today yet. It was due to be dry til lunch then rain all afternoon. I had Groupons for the Showcase of Citrus Tour which is just 10 minutes up the road so I phoned them and booked us in for that at 12 o'clock.

We had to be there for 11:30 so split the morning between sitting by the pool and giving the villa a good clean.

Arrived at 11:30 and checked in at the desk. This place sells all kind of produce from the crops that they grow so the shop has loads of interesting stuff to browse through. Jams, chutneys, sauces, honey, wine,

There is also a little bar where he lets you try all kinds of wine and margaritas. This was fun!

The kids spent lots of time petting all the cats here which were very friendly

We bought a $3 cup of carrots to feed the farm animals

Then at just before 12 we went to the monster truck area for the tour.

You walk up a ramp to get on at the back. Then we bumped and bounced away! We went through all the citrus groves first

Then through a more jungly area where we saw a black snake but I wasn't quick enough to get a photo

And finally right through a swamp!

To get to a more open area where we saw a zebra

And water buffalo. This bit was quite funny as he gave out a big basket of oranges for the kids to throw out and the water buffalo ambled out of the water to get it

So we didn't see any gators or turtles but we enjoyed it just the same. I paid $62 which we reckon was worth it.

Tipped the driver $10 (and yes most families were tipping) and back to the car.

True to the weather forecast it was now tipping it down as we drive to Walmart down the US27

stopped at Walmart for bits n pieces for the villa, where I also bought another load of secret deodorant. The twin packs are $3.97 and are the best value to buy per ounce. Together with what I got the other day I think I have about a years supply now. Hope so.

The kids are also into these very healthy breakfast items so we got more of those

And I picked up a couple of seasonings to take home. Although they had none of the zesty lemon I want so will need to try to get that later

Back to the villa for some lunch and with the rain relentlessly coming down we needed an indoor pursuit. Hmm 🤔 what to do?

This is an internet pic. If it had been this sunny we wouldn't have been there!

First up, the girls went to Sephora while Kevin took Kieran to the M&M shop. We spent a small fortune in here. Mostly on Sephora lip stains which I stocked up on, but also on my teenage makeup officionados latest must haves. Hannahs is on the left, mine on the right.

Charlotte Russe was next where Hannah tried on loads (again) and I bought her 5 dresses/playsuits

Then to Macy's, where I couldn't see any clothing I fancied. I tried the shoe dept and at first was struggling to find anything in a size 11 (as usual). Eventually, after a number of run ins with a rude Spanish speaking assistant who rolled her eyes every time she couldn't understand me, I got these wee (big) beauties

I love them! They had started at $159 but were in the sale then another 30% off.

I have Guess heels at home that I love so have been on the lookout for ones the same shape but there's not many around. I did see a pair I liked in the actual Guess shop but he insisted they only make them up to size 10. Err yeah that's how I own a pair in size 11, but I was fed up with feeling like a huge footed freak so shoe shopping was over.

Bath & Body works next where I stocked up on foaming hand wash and hand sanitisers. Despite Kevin standing at the front of the shop growling at me. He thinks these are a complete waste of luggage allowance but I love them, so too bad.

I had used a $10 off they had emailed me

All done and we were off to our favourite eating spot

Although it was a Saturday night and now 7pm we were seated straight away with a really friendly waitress called Chrystal.

Kevin had the Wholey Hell

Which was done to absolute perfection

Kieran had the Imperial trooper

which he completely hoovered

Hannah had the glazed donut burger but substituted the beef for chicken and said it was delicious as usual

I had the cedar plank salmon with mash, asparagus. Oh my god this was delicious. It came with a Caesar salad which Kevin ate.

then the kids both had a chocolate brownie overload. Hannah managed most of hers, Kieran about half of his

We paid the bill with a hefty tip as she was so helpful and we had loved it

every time we go here it just confirms how much we all love it, Kevin drove all the way home talking about how much he had enjoyed it and how we need to try to go once more before we go home.

Well, that and how he was going straight into the spa with his beer as soon as we got to the villa.

I will leave you with whatever photos Kevin took on his SLR today added here (once we've had out spa time and he uploads them)

Night all x

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 03:31 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 1 Jul 18 3:31 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Rhoose
Dancing with Tink'

A good day shopping lots of bargains. The swamp Tour looked good fun. The shoes are great. Off to make my cup of tea now have now I have read your post priorities first...
Rhoose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Lovely day again Helen, great purchases... Is the chartered private plane ready to ship it all home next week lol... Teak looks amazing xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Scottishbelle
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Beautiful shoes, just a shame that you had to endure less than helpful service. I’ve got a feeling that they will complement your Kate Spade purchases beautifully😉
Scottishbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
tylergeorgia
Apprentice Imagineer

Love B&BW, could spend all day in there. Teak looks lovely, think that’s going on our list for November 😋
tylergeorgia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Loving these reports. Have you tried Dillard's for shoes?. DD and I have spent many happy hours in the Dillard's shoe department and got some great bargains too.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day with lots more shopping

Joan
Old 1 Jul 18, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

No way are hand soaps and anti back gel a waste of space love them
Another great day and meal
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Loving the shoppinv shows r fab where is the Teak Grill ?