Notices

Old 5 Jul 18, 02:15 AM  
Link to this Post
EvilQueen1937
Proud to wear my Ears

Cast Member Charlotte (Disney's CEP 2018!) Days 16, 17 & 18

Forgive me for not posting in a couple of days but I've not really had much to say! Exhaustion has begun to creep up on me so I've been trying to rest a little bit. So I'll do the Dibb post for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (today) all in one.

I have no pictures from Monday, but I worked from 4:45pm - 1:15am and it was my last training shift. I was being trained on stocking this time, and it was a very dull evening. We spent most of the time in stock rooms being shown where everything was, and there was minimal guest interaction as we weren't allowed to wear our pin lanyards so that we wouldn't keep getting interrupted.

My trainer wasn't great either. Before now, I've had really lovely, professional people who clearly love what they do and made training fun for us. There's supposed to be one trainer between two or three CPs but this time, two of the trainers decided to team up because they were friends, so we made one large group of six. It felt like the trainers did more messing around than training, and they were constantly nattering to each other instead of talking to us, and if we went backstage they'd get their phones out. They couldn't walk past another CM without stopping to talk to them either, and myself and the other CPs were getting really frustrated with their attitudes. At one point, I think a leader had a word with them both because they had been together the whole evening when really they should have been focusing on us.

After being there about 5 hours my trainer finally got her act together and actually let us do some stocking for ourselves, instead of just standing there watching her mess around. Stocking was alright, but I prefer register. Although that might just have been because I was already in a bad mood because of my trainer. I also had a headache and was knackered, as I've never worked that late in my life.

I got home from work at about 2:20am and went straight to sleep, as I had planned to be up early for July 4th celebrations on Tuesday (even though that was the 3rd! We are blocked on the 4th).

Unfortunately, my roommate's alarm then woke me up at 7:30am after only five hours sleep, and she seemed to think that because I was already awake she no longer needed to be quiet! So that was it, I was up and awake, so I got dressed, skyped home and made my way to the Magic Kingdom for the day.

The night before, in my rush to get home from my late shift at work, I had accidentally left my pin lanyard in my day locker! I think you can get in trouble for losing it so once I entered the park through the front, I went backstage straight away and thankfully found my lanyard exactly where I left it.

I had fast passes booked for myself so I went on Jungle Cruise first, then the Tiki room and the Haunted Mansion (again!). Ashley, one of my American roommates, texted to say she'd be there by 2pm as it was her birthday so she wanted to celebrate! I grabbed Casey's for lunch and met her on Main Street just as the heavens opened. I swear, I have never seen rain like it, Main Street was literally a river.

Now, she had been having the same issues as Shaun a few days before, with linking her entry pass to her My Disney Experience app. I took her to City Hall because I knew they could fix it in guest relations, but I also planned to mention how we hadn't been able to book fast passes together because of the problem, in the hopes that the CM who served us would bump her onto my existing fast passes.

It worked a treat, but the cast member who served us went beyond even my expectations! He added Ashley to my Space Mountain fast pass, but couldn't get her on Big Thunder Mountain for he same time. So instead, he gave us both fast passes for Big Thunder and the Seven Dwarves Mine Train which we could use at any time of the day! That meabt I had four fast passes that day 😂. This was before he found out it was Ashley's birthday too, he was such a sweetie!

We went on Pirates of the Caribbean first but it broke down just before we got to the front, so we were frightened of missing our Space Mountain fast passes. Luckily, we got on just in time before speedily walking to Tomorrowland. Taylor had just arrived at the park too but didn't have fast passes, she she went in the normal queue whilst we took great pleasure in walking past her to the front! 😂

It was an eventful ride, as the straps to my dress kept falling down my shoulders and part way through, my boob full on fell out! It was only for a split second but I almost wet myself with laughter, I tried to tell Ashley what had happened but was interrupted by giggles. Ashley thought I was just enjoying the ride so yelled back "oh my god you're so cute!" Which only made me laugh harder as she was completely oblivious to why I was actually laughing! When we got off the ride I finally managed to tell her and we were in stitches!

We then went on the Mine Train and Big Thunder before meeting Taylor for a Dole Whip. Ashley had never had one before so I got it her for her birthday!

We then nipped on the Carousel and the Tea Cups before finding a spot to watch the 4th July fireworks. Shaun had texted asking if he could join, as it was his birthday too and he was on his own! I said of course he could, but unfortunately it took him that long to get to MK in the traffic, and the crowd was so thick, he never managed to find me. The WiFi was awful too, there were thousands of people trying to use it so it would last a few seconds then cut out, which just made it harder to find Shaun.

We nabbed a spot right in front of the castle in the centre and there was a DJ keeping the crowd occupied. We had a good sing along and then at 9:15 the fireworks began!

They were amazing, but I was still slightly disappointed! There was minimal projection onto the castle and I was under the impression the fireworks would be all around the perimeter. They only went all around MK right at the very end for a few seconds. Anyway, they were still amazing, and we made a human chain holding on to each others bags as we tried to leave in the crowd. We made it to the Haunted Mansion and walked right on (again!) before deciding to call it a night. I had originally planned to stay late but the temptation of getting a lift with my housemates instead of suffering the bus was just too much.

The queue for the monorail was horrendous but we were home by 11! Poor Ashley and Taylor had to get up at 2am the next day for work, but they agreed it was worth it as we all had an amazing time!

I went straight to bed when I got in and woke up this morning (Wednesday) at 11:30am! I must have needed it! I had originally planned to go to either Epcot for the 4th July celebrations or Animal Kingdom to make the most of it hopefully being quiet. I messaged all of my friends to see if someone wanted to come with me, but either they didn't reply, they were working, or they didn't get back to me in time. So I ended up sat there watching Netflix for ages until my friend Amy finally replied saying she didn't fancy the parks but was up for Disney Springs.

It was about 5pm by this point and it had been pouring down all day and was just beginning to brighten up. I lacked the energy for the parks so decided Disney Springs was a good idea! We were only there an hour or two and I was home by 8pm but at least I did something with my day.

When I got home I settled to finally write this Dibb report, but then my friend Rachel got back to me apologising for not answering, as she had been at work. I told her I was chilling and watching Netflix so she asked if she could join. And here we are five hours later, we talked for hours and she's only just left! 😂 We have arranged to go to the pool tomorrow before I have work from 6pm onwards in the evening.

So yeah, not much has happened as I've been trying to rest and catch up on my sleep, but the 3rd July was fun and I've had a long rest today! I thought I'd better post since I know a few of you will have been wondering why I haven't already. The tiredness is just catching up with me, and the time of day when I usually write my Dibb post, I'm finding I'm too tired to so I end up putting it off!

Update on the lad that asked for my number - he asked me out later that evening, seeing if I wanted to do something on the 3rd. I had plans already and I'm realllllly not interested in going on a date with anyone, especially whilst in Disney! (Plus I'm newly single for the first time since I was 16!) When I rejected that he asked if I was free on the 4th, to which I replied that I'd be tired and recovering from the 3rd, so he then asked if I would go to a movie with him instead. He's not really getting the hint, bless him. If it's friendship he's after then that's fine, but I'm getting the impression that it's kind of not. Sorry you guys, but you won't be reading about a blossoming Disney romance this summer! 😂

Anyway, have a great day (I know it's now about 7am Thursday morning for you lot, it's 2am for me and still feels like Wednesday because I haven't slept yet!) And I hope the nice weather that you all have been enjoying continues!

Goodnight 😁

Remember, you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine!
EvilQueen1937 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Glad you had fun with your pals .omg how funny was that on space mountain 🤣. Glad you’re having fun -oh I really missed you yesterday

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by EvilQueen1937 - 5 Jul 18 6:47 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
I think it’s time PABBY had a word with your admirer

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
PABBY
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
I think it’s time PABBY had a word with your admirer
I've already suggested she checks the size of his wallet before filing him under bin!

I can't believe I've just read about my daughter flashing on Space Mountain!
PABBY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
belfastbabe
Apprentice Imagineer

belfastbabe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Glad to hear you're making lots of new friends and still having a great time!
belfastbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Kcstyle
slightly serious Dibber

great read! cannot believe you have been there two weeks already! I am still claiming this is one of the most interesting trip reports ever! Love a new angle on Disney
Kcstyle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Still loving this trip report and I am so pleased you’ve made so many friends! Love every time you update!
Old 5 Jul 18, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A great catch up on your last 3 days. You've been so busy I'm not surprised that you needed your sleep. It's so interesting getting some background information from an actual CM.
Old 5 Jul 18, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So glad you are having a great time despite working strange hours

Joan