Notices

Old 6 Jul 18, 02:35 AM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

The One With No Pretrip And A Better Chance Of Finishing - Day 6 -Seaworld And A Change Of Plans

I had a better nights sleep and although I was awake for a bit at 3.15 I was amazed when I woke again at 7.14! I jumped out of bed and got ready, quickly organising breakfast for the kids and packing a cooler to leave in the car. I woke the kids and they didn't complain too much and soon they were dressed and eating super healthy Lucky Charms, now with added Unicorn bits. We all had a bagel too. I ran around like a loony picking up wet towels and making beds (only downside of this accommodation is that there's no maid service, but there's always mum service).

I carefully folded the now dry but super clean tickets and we set off about 8.30am, hoping for the best! The journey only seemed to take minutes and we soon found ourselves at the Seaworld parking lot, again we have free parking with these tickets and the saving soon adds up.

We walked over and joined the entrance line and were in the park by ten to nine.

First ride on our list was Manta. Scott and I had rode this before but it was a new one for the kids. It was almost a walk on. Abbie was really keen until she saw it tip forward then she wasn't so sure, but like the bad parents we are we made her go on, knowing she'd regret it if she didn't give it a go. We weren't wrong and she declared it epic. She wanted to ride again, but we were keen to move into Mako.

We walked round a reached a barrier only to be told that this part of the park didn't open until 10am! I wish they'd been a bit clearer about that. So we turned round and headed for Kracken.

This was a short wait but the queue was very disorganised. We rode after about 15 minutes with out virtual reality. As we had a locker for an hour we decided to ride again and try the VR. We must have waited at the front of the line for about 20 minutes, it appears not all the cars have functioning VR. Worst of all is the unloading process. When ride comes back to the station they get all the headsets out the holders ( you are instructed to return them to the holder as the ride ends), they then place a wet wipe on each headset, then they take turns wiping them and replacing in the holders, THEN, you are allowed to get off. It was a faff. The VR was ok, but reminded me of the pantomime we saw with John Barrowman and the Krankies as it has a 3D bit half way through. The headsets are quite heavy and I had to hold mine in place. Scott's didn't work at all and he saw either blackness or the bottom of a ship.

Up till this point the park was quiet but it started to get busier now. We saw journey to Atlantis was a 5 minutes wait and joined the line which stretched way into the park, the ride was down and they seemed to be testing it but after a few minutes we gave up and headed through the Artic. The penguin ride was showing 10 minutes wait time, so we joined the line.

Again after a few minutes with no movement we did the awkward limbo under the chains to escape. We all think this one is a bit stinky anyway, apart from Abbie who can't remember coming here before.

We made our way round to Mako and were surprised to see another 5 minute wait, but by now not believing the wait times. I got a locker for my bag and made our way onto the ride. It turned out to be a walk in and we were in row 2. I have to say I wasn't keen in this one as it's only a lap bar, I think I would have liked it better with a shoulder restraint, but I suppose the lifting out of the seat sensation is what it's all about. The kids loved this one and wanted to go again. This time we were in row 1, it just about finished me off. The kids rode again themselves after this, I think I caught them in one of the photos.

You can see then in the second last row. Here they are all proud they managed to go on 3 times.

After this we went to feed the sharks, $5 for a small tray of stinky fish bits. The fish/sharks were not hungry at all so the kids were a bit disappointed by this, they were expecting a feeding frenzy.

Next we had a walk through the aquarium, it was lovely and cool in here but pretty quiet.

This guy seemed to want his picture taken.

Then onto the main attraction- the sharks!

It was 11.40am now and we were all a bit peckish and thirsty. We walked round to the Pretzel House and got a cheese pizza pretzel, chips, a Diet Coke for $11.08. Scott and I also picked up our 2 free beers, Yuengling for him, Cooks Lite for me. They were much more relaxed here and were happy to give both beers at once. It wasn't a hand stamp here, but a Sharpie cross.

This is where the beer is served, in case anyone is interested in Free beer. Abbie wasn't well and I had been putting this down to not drinking enough. I can't believe how hard it is to get kids to drink. On holiday we let them drink whatever they want (well not beer though) and still it's a struggle. Anyway we decided to call it a day and come back again to see the shows and have a better look round since it's only a couple of minutes from the hotel and parking is free anyway. We caught a bit of the show in the dolphin nursery on the way out.

It was 12.30 now so I think we'd managed quite a lot. I wanted to go to Walgreens on the way home for some bite cream. I have acquired a spectacular mozzie bite on the front of my leg, it's very big and very itchy and oh so attractive. I do t usually get bitten and swear by Ocean Potion after sun as I think the Aloe keeps the biters at bay. But I didn't get it until our Walmart shop so one of the buggers got me!

The kids were hungry so we went to Winn Dixie instead. I got my cream, some snacks and some chicken tenders and rolls. We ate these back in the room and I gave Abbie some calpol as she felt a bit hot. She agreed to go for a nap so I think she isn't very well at all.

We had some pool time and Scott and I signed up for the beer tasting being run by the activities team later on.

The sky got dark and we had a bit of rain, not too heavy, so we took shelter under an umbrella, it soon passed, although it didn't really brighten up.

Abbie got up and joined us after a while and said she felt a bit better. She seemed better when she was whacking her brother with a pool noodle. Before long it was beer tasting time. We picked up our raffle tickets and tasting notes.

Scott picked up the beers, they were very small cups, but we enjoyed it all the same.

We also got pretzels and a warning to only pick up the correct number of beers or there wouldn't be enough.

My favourite was no 4, Scott's was no 2. Next they drew the raffle, the prizes were 3 more samples (rubbish) or a mixed 6 pack of beer (good). Yay, we won!

We went up to the room, got ready and Abbie wasn't well again so we offered to stay in and get takeout. She wanted to go out, but somewhere close so we chose Giordanos which is the nearest restaurant to us on foot. We got checked in, ordered drinks for the kids which arrived quickly. We ordered chicken wings and a large meat and more meat pizza pie. When Abbie head it would be 45 minutes for the pizza she decided she wanted to go home. Poor wee thing was struggling so we apologised to the waiter who said there would be no charge for the drinks, left a tip and walked home.

In the end we got a Papa Johns delivery and watched the Gong Show and The Match Game which is just blankety blank, it was like old school British Saturday night telly.

The pizzas plus delivery were about $28.

I managed to get Abbie to eat something, gave her more Calpol and put her to bed. Her brother went a bit after and Scott and I not long after. We had a bit of a disturbed night, Abbie had a high temperature and needed more Calpol at 4am. It's 9am now and she is still spark out so let's hope she sleeps it off. I don't think we will be getting up to much today.

clubhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by clubhouse - 6 Jul 18 2:05 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Oh no poor Abbie, hope she sleeps it off🤞 can’t believe the kids going on all those rides, they are such dare devils! Remember me making the kids cry putting them on Manta 😂 and one ride on Mako for Derek wiped him out for the rest of the day 🤢, it is an amazing ride though.

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by closeder View Post
Oh no poor Abbie, hope she sleeps it off🤞 can’t believe the kids going on all those rides, they are such dare devils! Remember me making the kids cry putting them on Manta 😂 and one ride on Mako for Derek wiped him out fore the rest of the day 🤢, it is an amazing ride though.
They do seem to be loving the rides. Don’t think I’ll be back on Mako. I think Abbie has tonsillitis, we are going to see the nurse at Walgreens in half an hour. She’s a poor wee soul today. It’s very cloudy so we are all just sat about in the hotel keeping her company.
clubhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Oh no, regular ibuprofen and paracetamol then, hopefully some antibiotics from the nurse 🤞

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Great report, which I'm just catching up on. Poor Abbie, I know how she feels - I got strep throat a couple of years ago - I nearly killed my DH as when I asked to go to Walgreens, he said "for a sore throat" I had to have lots of milkshakes to try and ease the soreness. Hope you get sorted out quickly - Walgreens are very good.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Hope Abbie feels better!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Poor Abbie hope she is soon back to normal

Joan
Old 7 Jul 18, 04:01 AM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JanetteParker View Post
Great report, which I'm just catching up on. Poor Abbie, I know how she feels - I got strep throat a couple of years ago - I nearly killed my DH as when I asked to go to Walgreens, he said "for a sore throat" I had to have lots of milkshakes to try and ease the soreness. Hope you get sorted out quickly - Walgreens are very good.
The service and care in Walgreens was brilliant, I’ve never had such a thorough examination back home. I’m glad to say she seems to be picking up.
Old 7 Jul 18, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Aaah hope she feels better soon. We are visiting Sea World this trip, for the 1st time in a while. In what area is the patio bar? Can’t miss a free beer 😊
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List