Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports Download the app for iOS or Android
Florida Tix
Unread 7 Jul 18, 02:13 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Scottishnellies Redundancy Trip Jun18. Day 19, Villa Chillin & Teak Neighbourhood grill

Last night after uploading my trippie I had a few games of pool with Hannah, a cup of tea and went to bed just after 10. I didn't wake up til 9:30! Now that is a good nights sleep. If unnaturally long! I must've needed it.

Turns out that as well as suffering the heat yesterday, something had been eating me alive. I woke itching like mad and when I got up I am covered in bites. I have 15 on my legs, 4 on my arms and 6 on my back and they are huge solid belters 😳. And they are driving me nuts. I only had a couple of tiny bites before this and now I'm riddled with them after just one day in Busch. I am not a happy bunny.

Got a cup of tea and out beside the pool. Kevin had been out for ages already and was just telling me how quiet it had been when he glanced at the lake and said ^alligator!^ and sure enough, there he was in the middle of the lake swimming towards a single unsuspecting duck.

He would swim nearer then stop for a bit. Kevin got a couple of decent photos on his SLR before the duck waddled out of the water and the alligator turned and swam back down the lake again.

Very exciting! But you do have to be watching. Could so easily have missed it. When you are out looking at the lake every day you start to notice ripples where there usually are none. This started as a wee dot with a ripple in the distance

then a couple of ducks taking flight from that spot

but he is so silent we may not have noticed otherwise. And all the birds stayed quiet whereas I thought they might all have started making a riot.

Fab to see.

The ducks spent all morning out on the banks warily watching the water after that

We had moved the resort hopping to today after Hannahs wobbly day, but after my wobbler yesterday, and the fact Kevin was moaning we hadn't had a single full day at home, we scrapped that in favour of a total rest day. Normally I would have argued, but having slept as long as I had last night I knew I needed to rest. That is not normal for me!

I still hope to do the resort hopping tomorrow, which is our last full day. Hannah is desperate to do it too. So as long as the boys get today to chill and explore the wildlife, I'm sure they will be up for it too.

Spent the morning split between sitting by the pool reading my kindle, and packing 3 of our 4 suitcases with everything we wouldn't need for the last 2 days.

I think we are doing ok weight wise which makes me itch to go shopping again! It's difficult to know until that last case on the day you leave though.

The boys went up to the clubhouse and had a few games of mini golf (but took no photos for the dibb - have I taught them nothing?!)

We decided we would drive up to Teak for dinner as that remains everyone's favourite and would be nice to visit again before we go home.

I felt like dressing up a bit so got out my new blingy jeans. I do love them!

Got ready and left at 6:45, arriving at 7:20. Got seated at an outside table straight away but it was busy being a Friday night.

We had missed happy hour which is 4-7pm

Took some photos of the menu too

Kevin had a spicy Veronica

Kieran had a waffle burger

Hannah her usual donut burger but with chicken instead of beef

I had the spinach and blue crab dip

I worked my way through a few cocktails.

the kids had a brownie overload and lava cake for their dessert.

food was all just delicious as usual. The amount of times we've been here and we've had great food and a great experience every single time.

Definitely still our favourite restaurant

headed home and heading for that spa with a nice cold drink in hand to watch for fireflies while we still have the chance

Driving home and this years favourite song is on the radio

scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
1 week Anna Maria then 15 nights Villa
Unread 7 Jul 18, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 7 Jul 18 2:37 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 18, 02:47 AM  
Link to this Post
0420wilmut
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow about the gator! Just loved reading your report. Enjoy your last full day.
Aug 2016 CBR, RPR & Villa
Aug 2018 POR, RPR & Villa (16 nights) - 50th Celebration!
0420wilmut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
NO COUNTDOWN
Unread 7 Jul 18, 05:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Have a great last day the jeans look fab
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Halloween Thanksgiving pre Christmas
Unread 7 Jul 18, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Fantastic pics of the alligator, love the jeans too.
Unread 7 Jul 18, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

The food at Teak Neighbourhood Grill looks delicious, Id love to go next year. Whereabouts is it, is it near Universal?
Your new jeans look fab 😀
Second Florida holiday booked!
Unread 7 Jul 18, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Your jeans look great. Im loving reading your posts each morning. Hope you manage resort hopping, looking forward to reading about that. Have a good day.
2018 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Newport bay -dlp
Unread 7 Jul 18, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Scottishbelle
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Your outfit looks fabulous!
Scottishbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
My Magic Holiday