Old 29 Jul 18, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
How many cocktails!?! And a little bit of food Disney DDP

We're nearly off and so I thought I would let you all know what you can look forward to in my food report.

First off, introductions. There are four of us me (Abby), DH (David), DS (Max, 13) and DD (Kate, 11). We've been to WDW before and on previous trips had QSDP and DDP. We like the sit down table service restaurants and so have gone for DDP again this year.

Last year was a year off from Disney and we went to NYC and Orlando (doing everything apart from WDW) and it was my first attempt at a dining report. Here is a link for that report in case you want to check out the quality of my photos (poor, when I remember to take them) Did you save enough room for dessert? Apparently a few of you enjoyed the report even with blurry or non existent photos, I did remember to take photos of all the drinks, but occasionally forgot about some of the food!

So, this year we are off to Old Key West on Tuesday 31st July. YES! 2 days and counting. In fact, tomorrow is pre-travel day and we we will be checking in to the Premier Inn at Gatwick's North Terminal (I think we could probably win a Premier Inn bingo for Gatwick as we have stayed at a few of these).

I have written a pre-trip report for this summer that is rather rambly and goes into lots of detail about my plans for this trip. Click if you dare - it's not for the fainthearted It's all about the mouse This pre-trip should certainly only be tackled by those who have a spare few hours, I don't blame you if you don't fancy wading through the full 27 pages how did I manage to ramble on that much?

A brief (ha, ha - I will at least try to be brief ) outline of what our trip will entail. We are flying Aer Lingus indirect so the 1st flight from Gatwick is a quick hop over to Dublin and then we do pre-clearance and land at MCO without having to do the dreaded immigration! According to OB1LukeLucas I will be picking my bags up at precisely 7.50pm and so expect to be on the Magical Express shortly after.

We will then have 14 days of the DDP, where we will likely drink more Starbucks frappes than we should. The kids totally adore the double chocolatey chip milkshake. I will be trying to eat all the snacks I've seen on the DFB videos. We have lots of ADRs booked up (a couple too many so will have to get the kids to order off the kids menu and pay OOP for their meals once or twice). Plus, of course, the most important part COCKTAILS. Now, this trip was booked way back in April 2017 prior to the announcement that alcoholic beverages would be included in the DDP this year, when I discovered that I was pretty happy

After our 14 days DDP we then move resorts for 2 days before coming home. There is an overly long explanation to this in the aforementioned pre-trip. Suffice it to say, I found bargainous flights that meant we could extend our stay by 2 days , the money I saved on the flights then went straight into Disney's pocket as I decided to book up the Royal Room at POR as a surprise for my DD. Much to my own surprise this is still a secret (I have nearly caved in many times), in fact it is a secret from all the members of my family as DH doesn't like to take an interest in the planning of a holiday and only ever wants to know the day before what the plan is for the following day, so he is also in the dark! The DDP will be behind us at this point and the last couple of days will be all OOP.

I hope to be back later to update what restaurants are planned, but as I still haven't packed a single thing I better get on with that really.

Before I go, to whet your appetites I'll quickly post a photo of last night's cocktails which were had in the garden. Margaritas, yummy!

More cocktails will follow!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I feel a lot of pressure with my prediction now...aargh! If I get it wrong perhaps I should come down to you and buy you a cocktail to say sorry! 🍹
Have a fantastic time...stay away from the Bloody Marys for breakfast!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Looking forward to this! We’re flying indirect with Aer Lingus too plus OKW is our favourite resort!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Looking forward to your report👍🍹
Old 29 Jul 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Have a good trip. Looking forward to seeing which cocktails you have, so I can pick which ones to have on our trip 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I feel a lot of pressure with my prediction now...aargh! If I get it wrong perhaps I should come down to you and buy you a cocktail to say sorry! 🍹
Have a fantastic time...stay away from the Bloody Marys for breakfast!
Oh goodness the Bloody Mary flashback. Absolutely no way.

Of course you are welcome any time to buy me a cocktail

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Looking forward to this! We’re flying indirect with Aer Lingus too plus OKW is our favourite resort!
I'll be sure to let you know how we get on it's our first time flying with them.

Originally Posted by Jedi Princess View Post
Looking forward to your report👍🍹
Thanks so much, I'm very excited now.

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Have a good trip. Looking forward to seeing which cocktails you have, so I can pick which ones to have on our trip 😀
I'm going to try and not just order the Magical Star every time, but I'm drawn to the glow cube

Old 29 Jul 18, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

This sounds right up my street. Love a cocktail.

Plus your last report was hilarious so I can't wait!

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

It's finally here! Can't wait for you to get there. Have a great trip
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Looking forward to your report.
Hope you have an amazing time. Well done on keeping the last resort secret.
We did that with ds a couple of years ago when we stayed at AOA, his face when I stood up on the magical express and said it’s our stop.
I bet she will love it. Those rooms look so well themed.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List