Notices

Old 30 Jul 18, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

New England Summer 2018: Day 2 - Shopping, Surfing And Whales

I actually slept quite well. I woke up at 2am for a loo trip and then woke up for the day at 5.45am. J and the kids were awake not long after.

We decided to eat out for breakfast. They had discovered a bagel shop about a5 minute drive away. It was very popular with the locals - a good sign. J and O shared an acai bowl - acai berries with banana, raspberries, granola, and peanut butter. It fed them both.

F had a peanut butter and jelly bagel. I had s cream cheese bagel. With 4 big glasses of water it was $13.

J and I went for a walk in the other direction once we had dropped the kids back at the apartment. This area had rock pools which looked promising for an evening activity.

We decided today would be shopping day. New Hampshire has 0% sales tax and a big outlet mall at Merrimack. Both kids were looking forward to renewing their wardrobes.

It took about 45 minutes to get there! It was just opening (@ 10 am). O hit gold in Nike with some blue trainers at $40. Converse saw 50% off so 3 t-shirts were acquired. Hits followed in Fila, Bloomingdales and Tommy Hilfiger.

We had lunch in the food court - decidedly average. J's salad was probably the best choice! Though O quite liked his mozzarella and pesto panini. Mine and F's chinese was the poorest choice. Both kids also had fruit smoothies.

We hit the other half of the mall. F saw a shop called Vine's Vineyard which she had seen on Youtube. It was lovely - the cotton was soft and the whale motives very cute! Two t-shirts, 2 lightweight hoodies and a pair of shorts were acquired.

Visits were also made to Ralph Lauren, Old Navy and finally Nautica! Four hours of shopping and the kids were done!

I just got some Russian doll measuring cups

The drive home was via the local supermarket to get something in for dinner.

This was O's haul. Yes - he likes blue and white! He was very happy!

This is the view from our apartment. The beach is just over the road. It was a lot busier today than yesterday.

And looking in to the apartment. It isn't so big but the situation makes it ideal. Also we have free parking! The wifi is fast and it is quiet!

It was beach time. O took me a beach chair down. The other 3 body boarded whilst I took photos.

Then I noticed a jet of water in the distance and then movement. And again. J came out and I said what I had seen. He had seen the same. Then we saw it again - it was definitely a whale! We managed to show the kids too! How lucky are we! Whales off the shore at Hampton Beach!

After a dinner of omelettes we went back to the rock pool area. F enjoyed fishing around.

O and I sat on the rocks and we talked some more about his Indian trip. It sounds incredible. He loved it - even the dehli belly didn't put him off.

No sunsets on the east coast as such!

Now back at the apartment! It was a good idea to start the vacation with the beach - we are all relaxing!

Now time for bed! A lovely first day of the holiday for me!

Edited at 02:14 AM.
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 01:59 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 30 Jul 18 1:59 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 02:44 AM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Sounds like a busy but productive day. Well done!
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a very good shopping expedition with lots bought

And great you saw some whales

Joan
Old 30 Jul 18, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great view!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Loving your trippie so far and so pleased you got there in the end!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Great day. Beautiful photo even without the sunset😊 I just love water be it a river, lake, stream, the sea...I’m even happy with a glacier!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

Nothing like a good shopping haul to start the day !
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

The apartment looks lovely and a great location. A really relaxing start.
Old 9 Aug 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sounds like a perfect day!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List