Notices

Old 6 Aug 18, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
adrian-sara
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Going On An Adventure Day 17

Today we lounged around a bit in the morning. I went and got us coffee and a bagel to share, and we had grapes and yoghurt with that for breakfast. Headed off about 11 to Animal Kingdom. But not before I went to ask for a new iron for the room (broke the last one by accidentally knocking the ironing board and the iron went flying).

Off we went to Pandora for FP1 on Avatar. This does not get boring.

Can you see an overgrown helicopter in the picture?

The theming here is just amazing.

We had some time before our 2nd fast pass so we stopped in Africa for some snacks for lunch. Corn on the cob was a really nice change. Adrian had Mickey pretzel with fake cheese.

We headed to Dinosaur cos MDE said it was a short wait but it, and the display outside, were wrong according to the cast member. So we picked Expedition Everest instead, a 30 minute wait, to fill some time between fast passes.

Our FP2 was Kali River Rapids. I put stuff in the free lockers before we rode. Through fairly quick and on to the ride. No one got particularly wet.

Although I got more wet than Adrian!

I had agreed to standby on EE and then head to the resort after Kali so we could freshen up, it was a very hot day. But EE was so much fun and we didnt get too wet on the rapids, so I persuaded Adrian we should stay for FP3 and ride Everest again. So we filled the time between FPs with a cocktail (Lamu Libation) at the Nomad Lounge. An evil necessity which got me quite tipsy since lunch had been quite small...

And this is what a Lamu Libation contains 😁

The third time on Everest we were lucky and got the front row. Our last time for this holiday and it was amazing. Then off to catch a bus to Disney Springs and we got chatting to the lovely Mike and Valerie from Chicago. At DS we had a quick walk to Terralina.

OMG.

Why dont more people rave about this place? Here is a picture of my cocktail "The springs" (I had 2 of these, very yummy), and the tear and share bread.

Adrian had pepperoni pizza and I had ravioli. We also swapped a dessert for a side salad. The food was amazing. So much so we plan on changing our meal booking for our last evening to this place. If you like Italian food then this is lovely.

Dessert was a shared sundae. Chocolate, pistachio and vanilla icecream with cherries, and sprinkles of nuts. Delicious! We went for the boat back to the resort and ended up sharing a speedboat with just 7 others back to Riverside! Overtook 3 of the normal boats on the way 😁 Quickest return trip ever. Had a stroll along the riverbank to work off the icecream (or some of it at least) before heading back to the room. I needed a coffee after those 3 cocktails! So apologies for any typos today as I try to sober up a bit. Every day of the holiday is awesome and then the next day somehow gets better. Today was no exception!

2010 Emerald Island villa; 2013 Indian Ridge villa; 2015 Indian Ridge DIBB villa; 2017 Indian Ridge DIBB villa; 2018 The Pillars, Ft Lauderdale, Hard Rock Hotel and Port Orleans Riverside; 2019 Sapphire Falls
adrian-sara is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 01:46 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by adrian-sara - 6 Aug 18 1:46 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 03:44 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

I’m looking for places to try and tempted by Terralina. Thanks for sharing.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 03:50 AM  
Link to this Post
adrian-sara
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We loved it, would highly recommend!
2010 Emerald Island villa; 2013 Indian Ridge villa; 2015 Indian Ridge DIBB villa; 2017 Indian Ridge DIBB villa; 2018 The Pillars, Ft Lauderdale, Hard Rock Hotel and Port Orleans Riverside; 2019 Sapphire Falls
adrian-sara is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day with lots of rides

Joan
Old 6 Aug 18, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
feelingnuts
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like your having a brilliant time can’t beat being tipsy on cocktails!
feelingnuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A brilliant day - some tasty looking cocktails and your evening meal looks delicious.
Old 13 Aug 18, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great day, cocktails sound fab
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List