Notices

Old 18 Aug 18, 03:50 AM  
Link to this Post
feelingnuts
slightly serious Dibber

Did we mention we like a drink? Day 7 August 18

I can't believe our first week is done! Today the others left early for discovery cove and we decided to spend the morning at the Vineland outlets. We arrived just after 10am and dropped straight on a free parking space. We just hit the shops we were interested in and DH got jeans in Timberland for a whole $20 and he had trainers from new balance. Roo had Adidas predator footy boots and some Gazelle's also a north face bag for school and a couple of north face tshirts. North face had a lot of 50 and 60% off on I managed to get a top for 9.99 and a jumper for $16. Dh got shorts for 19.99 a pair and when we got the till we used the discount booklet for an additional 10% off. We had a look in the Disney shop but it was really busy and we were soon leaving with nothing.

We didn't have any breakfast this morning so by 12 we were starving and had a five guys three burgers later we were all full and looking forward to an afternoon at Blizzard beach.

We arrived at Blizzard around 1.30pm and it didn't seem too busy we had photos with goofy then went on the hunt for somewhere to stick our stuff.

We headed for the green slides first and did the toboggan racers then the other mat ride snow stormers both with really short queues. My only complaint about Blizzard beach was the floor they don't have enough sprayers and in places it was dangerously hot.

Next we headed for the kids bit and Riley did the obstacle course and then Fahrenheit drops we headed up the mountain and did the family raft ride they put us with another group of 3 adults and this meant our boat was heavy and was quite slow going down. We had our photos taken at the bottom. We decided to bob round the lazy river next and on the way round we spotted the rapids. We got out and picked up an ice cream almost $10 for 2 feels ridiculous but they were enjoyed and then we headed over to the rapid slides.

Again there was very little queue and we decided to go down the enclosed slides Riley went first and as he sat on his ring to go it shot up landed on his head and he went down on his bum the ride attendant hit the emergency button which stopped anyone else going on the ride and called down. They told her he had come out fine but we then had to wait for a manager to come and reopen the ride. I was cringing with embarrassment and also worrying about Roo who was at the bottom on his own. This was a good 5 minutes and when we eventually got down he was stood talking to an English lady who was wondering why her son was taking so long to come down.

Roo had come out okay and wanted to do the slides properly this time so the 3 of us headed back up and did the uncovered one and all enjoyed it. We all got back in the lazy river and Roo and I decided we wanted to do slush n gusher. We left dh and went and got the ski lift up. I have a fear of height so ski lifts aren't really a favourite of mine so I was over joyed when it stopped half way up! We were soon at the top and in the queue. This was the slowest queue of the day and must have taken 40minutes but we both felt it was worth the wait we loved it. It was now 5.30 and we found dh collected our things and headed back.

Tomorrow we are off to Clearwater so we stopped at wawa and filled up the fuel and also popped to Walgreens for some factor 50 and more water. When we got back at 6.15 the others were already back and suggested mini golf.

A quick shower and we all headed to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner we were seated quickly and the adults all went for the combo 5 boneless and 5 normal wings picking various sauces. We went for the mild for the kids which nearly went wrong as she thought I said wild. Buckets of corona were $15 so we ordered 3 of those.

The wings came out and the heat was ridiculous even the kids mild was hot only Roo ate them; I had the hot bbq and the medium sauce my lips were on fire. One of the girls had the Thai curry they were ridiculously hot and we all like spicy foods. It was a shame as overall it was nice just too hot. The surprising bit was the bill was only about $25 a family less than Maggiano's but didn't feel anywhere near as good.

It was only 9pm but the kids were all flagging and we decided not to bother with golf and get them all in bed. The adults brought chairs out the rooms and we all sat on the walkway outside our rooms drinking the rum we purchased as the airport. By 11pm we were also all ready for bed.

Tomorrow we are off to Clearwater for the weekend stopping at Pierhouse 60 I can't wait! Here's to week 2...

feelingnuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like you enjoyed your day at Blizzard Beach but a shame about your meal.
Old 18 Aug 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day such a shame about the wings

Joan
Old 18 Aug 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hope you have a great time in Clearwater.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Chair lift stopped half way up 🤮🤮🤮
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 03:17 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by feelingnuts - 19 Aug 18 3:17 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Shame about BWW, we love it in there. So a good day to end week one, but not such a good meal!