Notices

Old 20 Aug 18, 01:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Dennys
Trying for More Ears

Beware The Snack Police - Day 8 - Liberty Tree Tavern & Satuli Canteen

Today was going to be a Magic Kingdom rope drop day but after changing some days around due to fast pass availability etc... we ended up with today being a 2 Park day, so thought I'd be a bit kinder and let people have a bit of a lie in!

We had no fast passes booked for Magic Kingdom so spent the morning having a potter round the park instead - quite a different day for us! We managed to do some of the shows which normally get ignored in favour of rides... then went to Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch.

We all went for the Bill of Fare:

Declaration Salad - Tossed Mixed Greens with House-made Dressing (no pic, sorry but this was really tasty and everyone enjoyed the little bread rolls which came with it)

Patriot's Platter
Roasted Turkey Breast, Pot Roast, and Oven-roasted Pork with Mashed Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, Herb Stuffing, and House-made Macaroni and Cheese

This was great - sorry about the pic - it had already been served up before we remembered! We had been laughing about how ridiculous it was to essentially be having Christmas dinner in the Florida heat - but it actually went down really well and we all enjoyed it!

This meal also included what is now being referred to as the ice bucket challenge of 2018 where I managed to knock over a full Diet Coke all over L - I couldn't have got more on her if I'd picked it up and poured it! She was a little soggy and had cold legs!

Pudding was amazing!

Oooey Gooey Toffee Cake
Vanilla Cake with Gooey Toffee Filling, Caramel Sauce, and Vanilla Ice Cream

Again - it had started to be served up before pics were taken! It was warm and gooey and delicious- just like the description really!

We really enjoyed it here - our server was lovely and the food was really good!

We decided to leave the park straight after lunch so L could get changed! We popped back to the hotel then left again shortly afterwards to go to Animal Kingdom for the afternoon.

J made a beeline for Starbucks and got a large chocolate Frappuccino.

While L & I got Night Blossoms from Pandora - layers of Apple and Desert Pear Limeade topped with Passion Fruit Boba Balls.

I really enjoyed this but I think L thought it a little sour for her.

No one was very hungry (surprisingly!) until fairly late - we wanted to go to Satu'li Canteen but when J looked at the menu he couldn't see anything he fancied, so we made a quick stop in Restaurantosaurus to get him some Chicken Nuggets.

N took the opportunity to have a Potato soup as a snack... which he really enjoyed.

We then went to Satuli Canteen in Pandora. L had a chicken bowl with rice - no dressing.

I had a chicken and beef bowl with potato and sweet potato hash with a black bean dressing.

N had a chicken and beef bowl with rice and black bean dressing. These were all really tasty and didn't feel like your usual quick service meal!

For pudding I had to have one of these - Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse!

This was different to how I had imagined. Visually it was amazing but it was a lot firmer and more solid than I was expecting and ended up feeling very rich after a couple of mouthfuls.

Thanks for reading- I'm hoping to have the opportunity to write some replies soon!

Edited at 03:03 AM. Reason: Typos
Dennys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 02:25 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Dennys - 20 Aug 18 2:25 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

Those chicken bowls look good.
Thanks for sharing
M.
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Really enjoying your trip report! 😊
Old 20 Aug 18, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
LTT is one of my fav TS restaurants.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Two of our favourite places to eat

We have a tradition if we can of eating at LTT before we leave for the airport

What can beat the oooey gooey toffee cake as the last thing to eat in Orlando ?
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Food looks really nice 👍
Joan
Old 20 Aug 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Lookng forward to trying some Pandora snacks!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I love the night blossom drink. Liberty Tree Tavern sounds fab, we really need to try it!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 18, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Another good food day