Notices

Old 20 Aug 18, 02:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Dennys
Trying for More Ears

Beware The Snack Police - Day 9 - Yak & Yeti And D-Luxe Burgers

So we were back at Animal Kingdom today for our Flights of Passage fast pass - wow! What a great experience- could have happily stayed on there all day...

It was a hot day so we were ready to stop for lunch at Yak & Yeti.

J went for Chicken Tikka Masala and swapped the rice for fries. He ate all of this and really enjoyed it.

L had chicken lo mein. She said she enjoyed this, but I'm not completely sure if she really did or not! It definitely hasnt been her favourite dish of the holiday!

N went for a special- fish tacos which he said were really delicious.

I went for the Malaysian seafood curry - Scallops, lttle neck clams, mussels, shrimp, zucchini, roma tomatoes, red curry-coconut broth, jasmine rice.

This was delicious but way too much food! I couldnt eat all of this... but did manage all of the seafood, I think!

Puddings were chocolate cake for N & J. J didn't like the sauce they had put on this (raspberry, I think).

L had a mango pie which she said was really good.

And I had a fruit cup - which was pineapple, mango and strawberries and was just what I fancied! Very scrummy!

We left just after lunch and came back to spend the afternoon relaxing by the pool.

In the evening we decided to go to Disney Springs so made a mobile order for D-Luxe Burger. The boats weren't running as the sky had turned grey, so we had to go on the bus. It started raining just before we arrived so we had to make a quick dash from the bus...

There was a bit of a queue forming but as we had made a mobile order we could go straight in to get a table.

I had a Barbecue burger without the cheese, plus a snack portion of fries and a hard orange soda.

I enjoyed this, but it was very large!

N had a Diablo burger with fries and an IPA. He thought this was quite greasy and not as good as the burger he had at Volcano Bay the other day.

We also had a variety of sauces - the tastiest one was either the buffalo ranch or the chipotle mayo, I think.

L had a grilled cheese sandwich with a strawberry shortcake milkshake.

J had the chicken nuggets which were on the mobile ordering menu, plus a chocolate milkshake.

He didn't manage to eat all of this as he said it was too salty.

So not brilliant reviews for D-Luxe Burger, I'm afraid. We have had done great Disney meals so far, but would definitely choose Blaze over this one.

Dennys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 02:59 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Dennys - 20 Aug 18 2:59 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

It looks like there was a mountain of chicken nuggets in that picture. Shame about D-luxe but the burger meat looks quite thick for me so I think I would pass and go to blaze.
Thanks for sharing and keep enjoying yourselves
M.
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Shame you didn’t enjoy your evening meal

Joan
Old 20 Aug 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Interesting to here about D-Lux.
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Your Malaysian seafood curry looks gorgeous
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Dennys
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by mojo.121 View Post
It looks like there was a mountain of chicken nuggets in that picture. Shame about D-luxe but the burger meat looks quite thick for me so I think I would pass and go to blaze.
Thanks for sharing and keep enjoying yourselves
M.
I would definitely choose Blaze over D-Luxe, I think. It was a BIG burger!

Thank you for reading - we are having a great time!
Dennys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 01:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Dennys
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Shame you didn’t enjoy your evening meal

Joan
Do you know what, thinking about it today, it wasn’t all bad - just a little disappointing as we have had such good meals and this one wasn’t quite up there. L & I both enjoyed ours - it was the boys who weren’t very impressed! Today’s food was much better!
Old 21 Aug 18, 01:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Dennys
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Interesting to here about D-Lux.
It was a little disappointing as I’d been looking forward to going... but probably wouldn’t go back.

Thank you for reading!
Old 21 Aug 18, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Dennys
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Your Malaysian seafood curry looks gorgeous
It was delicious! But soooo big! Would happily eat it again, though!

Thank you for reading...