Notices

Old 23 Aug 18, 04:36 AM  
Link to this Post
feelingnuts
slightly serious Dibber

Did we mention we like a drink? Day 12 August 18

Today in Riley's words had been immense! We were up at 7 and dressed and sun creamed and soon heading for breakfast. We had cereal and toast all was good for an included breakfast. We grabbed our things and took the short 3mile drive to One Buc Place. We had to drive around to work out where to park but soon worked it out.

They scanned our tickets and we were in and being greeted by the pirate all given American football necklaces. We went to the merchandise stand and brought a junior football for Riley to get the players to sign at the end.

There was a great kids zone they could put the uniform and helmet on. They had a net to throw balls at and a bouncy castle to play on. I got talking to a girl working there and she was asking me why we were in Tampa. We got talking about Disney and she was saying she was an annual pass holder and had been to Toy Story land opening day. Riley was more than happy here we eventually dragged him off and round to watch the training. They did some drills in front of us. Dh was dripping with sweat his watch said it was 37degrees and it felt it, god knows how the players manage in full kit. They came round with free ice pops for everyone and then I spotted the inside training venue was open, so we headed in to the air conditioning.

The boys got out Riley's new football and did some throws in the indoor training pitch they were loving it. A guy came over to say they were clearing the pitch and advised us where to sit. The cheerleaders came in and did a skit for us, then the players came in to train.

We watched the 45 minutes training and as it ended I spotted some people heading outside so we followed them out and managed to stand right where you needed to be to get the players photos and signatures.

One thing about Riley is he is super confident and he was happily shouting the players over he got loads of signatures on his ball and then a player Vinny Curry took off his glove signed it and gave it to him, he was well chuffed.

We headed over to the club shop after and grabbed a game called spot it, a key ring, a Lego player and a clear bag ready for me to use when we go to the NFL games in London in October.

We had originally planned to stay for the 2pm stadium tour but it was only 12 and the weather was starting to change so we decided to drive back. We pulled off for a McDonald's part way back it was lovely Riley demolished a Big Mac he was starved apparently.

We kept driving through rain on the way back. We got back to the Avanti around 2pm it had clearly rained but the sun was shining now so we hit the pool. Everyone was swimming when the biggest thunder and lightening went off right behind us they immediately cleared the pool and then the rain broke and we had a good downpour. Around 30 minutes later everyone was soon back in the pool.

The others arrived back around 6pm they hadn't had the day they planned at sea world as the weather had turned as they pulled up so they went off shopping instead and we all decided Longhorns was needed for dinner. We arrived at longhorns at 8pm to be told it was a one hour wait for a table not ideal but the kids all sat on their iPods while we had a drink at the bar. We eventually got our table and lots of steaks were ordered.

Dh went for the Tbone with mash, I had the New York strip with loaded jacket. We both went for salad and corn. The lovely bread came out first with the salads then the real treat came the beautiful steaks. Everyone's was cooked perfectly and we all enjoyed them. We left around 10.30pm and on the way back one of the other little girls decided she wanted to ride the star flyer and her dad said he would take her on. I'm scared of heights so this is really my idea of hell but they came down both saying it was fab. It was around $12 each plus tax which I didn't think was bad. We all headed back and decided bed time was on the cards as we were shattered.

Tomorrow is our last full day and the plan is a lie in followed by the morning round the pool and then head to Mk around 12.30pm for the 2pm parade and stay for the fireworks.

feelingnuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 18, 04:46 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by feelingnuts - 23 Aug 18 4:46 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 18, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Looks like your son really enjoyed himself

Joan
Old 23 Aug 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Omg the star flyer ! I would be terrified xx
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What a fab day for Riley-the photos with the players are great. Mmm, steak!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 18, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a good day, my grandson would love that
Old 14 Sep 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

An amazing day, Riley looks delighted.