Notices

Old 24 Aug 18, 02:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Dennys
Trying for More Ears

Beware The Snack Police - Day 12 - Bon Voyage Breakfast And San Angel Inn

Today was our first double table service day so we were light on the cereals this morning! We were going to Trattoria al Forno for breakfast followed by a day pottering around the world in Epcot - at least that was the plan - we did end up managing to do some rides too...

We parked at the Boardwalk hotel, had a quick look around and made our way along the boardwalk to Trattoria for the Bon Voyage breakfast- we managed to get L in a photo with Flynn Rider but she has decided that face characters only raise her anxiety, although I must say that the characters here were all really good - funny and light hearted and did everything they could to make you feel at ease.

We started with the frying pan of pastries - all tasty especially the pasty shaped one!

We then had a little fruit salad each...

The server here was really nice again and kept the drinks filled up - orange juice for all plus coffees etc.. J had a Diet Coke and N had a cafe latte with fat free milk - he said this one was better than a Joffreys he had had the day before...

I had a hot tea - I need to remember to ask for milk when I order this as it usually comes with honey and lemon.

L tried a iced latte which she really enjoyed.

For mains I struggled to know what to go for as everything sounded great but very cheesy! I've been ok so far this holiday with my stomach and really don't want to start feeling in pain , so am still avoiding anything with cheese in... which is hard as I love cheese! In the end I went for:
Swimmers Delight
Egg White Omelet with Smoked Salmon, Goat Cheese, Spinach, Mushroom, and Tomato with Breakfast Potatoes

I asked for this without the cheese - it was OK but would definitely have benefitted from both the yolks and some cheese!

J had the pancakes which he enjoyed - they were so fat and such a big pile of them! He had had a little nibble before the pic was taken, they didn't come like that!

N and L both went for:
King Triton's Shipwreck al Forno
Calzone with Scrambled Eggs, Bell Peppers, Salumi, Bacon, Sausage, Blend of Cheeses, and Sunday Gravy

Again, huge! They both enjoyed this...

After brunch we went into Epcot. Mid-afternoon we had a snack in France. J went to Artisans de Glacé for a chocolate ice-cream. Apparently this was chocolaty and nice!

I had a macaron - it was so hard to choose but it was very nice!

L and N were still suffering the effects of a huge breakfast and just had a drink - L had an iced cappuccino which turned out to be a cappuccino slushy and thought this was the find of the holiday! N had another latte...

Tea was at San Angel Inn, inside Mexico. We got prime seating at the edge of the ride which was lovely.

We had tortillas and salsas bought to the table... these were quickly inhaled and we were bought another portion!

N was driving today so I had an avocado margarita - this was a frozen drink and was really scrummy. It didn't taste very strong and with it being frozen lasted quite a while too..

It turns out Js love of Mexican only stretches to nachos! He ordered:

Combinación Mexicana
Braised short rib with Chile Pasilla Sauce over Poblano-Corn Rajas | Enchiladas Verdes de Pollo with Corn Tortilla stuffed with Pulled Chicken topped with melted Chihuahua Cheese, Queso Fresco, and Crema Mexicana | Chile Poblano stuffed with Black Beans and Queso Chihuahua with Chipotle-Tomato Sauce

He gave it a good go, but wasn't really loving it so his dad was called in to help him out!

L ordered:
Pollo a Las Rajas
All-Natural Grilled Chicken Breast over a bed of Roasted Garlic Potatoes with Onions, Red Peppers, Corn, and Poblano Pepper Cream Sauce topped with Queso Fresco

She said this was really tasty.

N ordered steak - I tried some of this and it was very nice!

I had the beef tacos - these were very tasty, especially the black beans.

Apologies for the quality of the photos - it is so dark in this restaurant!

N and L had chocolate mousse for their pudding.

J had caramel ice-cream.

And I had the cheesecake- this was lovely!

On the way out of Epcot we made a quick stop in Germany to go to Karamel Kuche... J picked up a caramel apple which we got sliced up. We also picked up a piece of caramel and some popcorn- all snack credits - for the next day.

Dennys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 18, 03:17 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Dennys - 24 Aug 18 3:17 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

San Angel looks really good and who doesn’t love a caramel apple.
M.
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lots of nice looking food

Joan
Old 24 Aug 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great food!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

The cheesecake looks lovely !
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Fabulous food day, I could eat it all!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Lots of delicious food today