Notices

Old 28 Aug 18, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dennys
Trying for More Ears

Beware The Snack Police - Day 17 - Be Our Guest And Skipper Canteen

Another day of food! This one started with breakfast in the hotel room followed by a quick dip in the pool. We then made our way to Magic Kingdom on the bus as we didn't want to face the monorail / boat trip at the end of the evening.

As soon as we got there I picked this up as s snack credit - a chocolate covered strawberry - much to everyone else's horror. It was quickly voted worst use of a snack credit in the whole holiday! In my defence- I asked for the biggest one and it was really tasty!

We went to Be Our Guest for lunch - we sat in the main ballroom next to a snowy window. L had ordered the Braised Pork. She ate most of this and said it was Ok...

J had the croque monsieur without sauce - again, he ate most of this and was just helped out at the end by his dad!

Wrong picture on the one above - that was the turkey sandwich and this one is the pic of the croque monsieur.

N and I ordered the turkey sandwich and the french dip sandwich and shared them. These were both delicious but if I had to chose one to have again it would be the beef one - really, really scrummy. The pic doesn't show the jus which came with the sandwich and which made it even more delicious!

I wasn't sure about coming back here again but N convinced me it would be a good idea and is a good use of a quick service meal - and I'm glad he did - it was much better than I had remembered it being.

We all had puddings here for snack credits - N had the orange eclair, I had the lemon meringue cupcake, J the chocolate cupcake and L the chocolate cream puff.

I managed to pick up a Dole Whip Float in the afternoon- as delicious as ever!

Mid afternoon L started to feel washed out and not up for staying in the park - she hung on for a while, and we left her upstairs in Columbia Harbour House with a hot chocolate while we went on a ride to see if she felt any better, but in the end she decided she would rather go back to the hotel and have a rest. We walked her down to the bus and she headed back - we got a text within half an hour to say she was back and OK.

That meant we were one down when we went for tea at Skipper Canteen... There were jokes galore from the hostess but our server was a little lacklustre.

To drink I went for a Sangria and N had an Old Elephant IPA - this was so grapefruity you could smell it before you drank it! J had a Diet Coke.

I had a seafood stew for my main - this was really tasty. I'm not sure if I'm just getting acclimatised and used to eating a mountain for each meal but this felt really small!

N had steak which came with rice and black beans. He said this was a good steak and he enjoyed it.

J was a little flummoxed by the menu here and ended up going for steak salad with no dressing. Apart from the moment he mistook a jalapeņo for a normal pepper, he really enjoyed this.

For pudding I went for:
Coconut Bar with Pineapple-Basil Compote and Vanilla Cream
Vanilla Chiffon Cake with Coconut and Lime-White Chocolate Ganache

This was nice and light and tasted good - but again, not very big!

N and J had Kungaloosh!
An African-inspired Chocolate Cake with Caramelized Bananas served with Cashew-Caramel Ice Cream topped with Coffee Dust

This was a quite chewy! More like a brownie than a cake.

L had got herself a hotdog from Goods To Go and was feeling a little better by the time we got back and looking forward to going on a return visit to Typhoon Lagoon in the morning.

Edited at 08:53 PM. Reason: Typos
Dennys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

Is the beef dip sandwich just beef in the bread or is there other stuff in with it? (Fingers crossed for just beef! &#128513

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Dennys - 28 Aug 18 8:51 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Dennys
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Clamshell View Post
Is the beef dip sandwich just beef in the bread or is there other stuff in with it? (Fingers crossed for just beef! &#128513
It was just beef! And lots of it... it was ace!
Dennys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Your seafood stew looks beautiful x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dennys View Post
It was just beef! And lots of it... it was ace!
Perfect... that’s me sorted then 😃

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 05:48 AM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

I loved the beef baguette last year also so tasty.
Hope L is feeling better.
M.
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Some nice looking food

Joan
Old 29 Aug 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Some great food!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 18, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

No grey stuff...shock, horror! A great food day.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List