Notices

Old 29 Aug 18, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Dennys
Trying for More Ears

Beware The Snack Police - Day 18 - Typhoon Tillys And TRex

We were back at Typhoon Lagoon this morning- it was supposed to be a Blizzard Beach day but the general consensus was that the wave pool at TL is too much fun to not do again. After a quick breakfast we head off and were there for rope drop - we can manage them when they are at 10am!

No pics as we didn't have the phone but we had the following for lunch from Typhoon Tillys :
N - tuna sandwich
J & L - chicken waffle sandwich
Myself - shrimp Po boy

All were good and quickly disappeared!

In the afternoon L & I got dipping dots and J got a soft serve ice cream. L also got an iced coffee later on, and I spotted an apple fritter as she was buying it - I've never had one before so got that too! Those snack credits need using up!

Mid afternoon we had to leave the pool as lightning was in the area so we decided to head back to the hotel. We were glad we had as not long after we got back there was the most almighty storm...

We had a booking at Disney Springs and had plans to go for a drink and get the boat across. We waited for the storm to clear... and waited... and waited...

Eventually we decided to drive down. We did some shopping and then went to see if we could be seated early at T-Rex.

Now it was not my choice to come here and had put an argument forward for other places which I thought would be better to eat at - but this was one restaurant which was insisted upon. With that in mind, and the rubbish weather, and being sat in the ice cave again which makes your food look blue, and the server trying to insist on me getting an alcoholic drink even though I was driving, and with us getting to our last few days here - it is possible that I started behaving like a spoilt brat and got a little grumpy and snappy. I'm not proud of it... and have apologised! We did manage to start being civil to each other again before the food arrived!

I ordered a non-alcoholic cocktail to drink which was nice.

Then I had the ribs - I always say at home that I can't wait to have ribs on holiday - then never order them. N pointed this out and got snapped at, so I then felt that I had to order them! They were ok but a little too fatty...

This what it looked like with the flash on...

And what it looked like as I was actually trying to eat it!

L went for rotisserie chicken and mash. She enjoyed this but started to feel tired again half way through...

J had a burger - he said this was the best burger he has had and quickly finished the lot - and it was big!

N went for a special which was steak, shrimps skewer and scallops in a cheesy sauce- he really enjoyed this, especially the scallops.

And a blue version!

We decided to go for the Volcano shared pudding which was four chunks of chocolate cake and ice-cream and which came out smoking...

The chocolate cake was tasty but it was so chewy - none of us had more than half a piece each...

And without the flash - the ice cave must have been having a red moment!

We drove back and stopped at the garage for N to get some more beer... he also picked up a couple of huge cans for me, including this ridiculous one! We are now drinking them on the balcony, I think the rain has stopped but it has definitely been the wettest day we have had this holiday.

I hope I didn't make T-Rex sound too negative- we had a really fun server, and once my little strip was over we did enjoy it! The food was Ok - N and J especially enjoyed theirs... maybe next time I can persuade them to give Homecoming a go!

We also got in some snack credit shopping whilst we were at the Springs - N bought some sweets to take back to work...

And we picked up some more chocolate from Ghirardelli- for some reason they insisted that it was 5 bars for 3 credits tonight - and I wasn't going to argue with them. I'm not sure what we are going to do with all this chocolate but I'm sure it will make good pressies when we get home!

We now have 20 snack credits left for the last 2 days - that sounds quite do able!

Edited at 04:29 AM. Reason: Typos
Dennys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 01:57 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Dennys - 29 Aug 18 1:57 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 06:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

Another great day and I agree about typhoon Lagoon wave pool so much fun.
Thanks for sharing.
M.
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A bit of a mile day with the rain and your strop we can all have one of those

Joan
Old 29 Aug 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Mmmmmm that chocolate 😀
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I’ve always been put off of T-Rex by reviews on here, however, I think the grandkids would love it so that might have to go on the list for next year. Sounds like another good day. Loving the chocolate for snack credits!