Notices

Old 4 Sep 18, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Toronto The Third -Day 8

Today was DH's favourite day ... Ribfest at Burlington. After 2 early starts we had a bit of a lie in then got ourselves ready to go. No breakfast required as we knew there'd be a lot of eating to be done. It was only a half hour drive away and even with it being Labour Day the roads weren't to busy and we found a parking spot easily.

DH was like a kid in a sweetie shop. After a walk up and down he decided the first half rack would be from Jack on the Bone. They were delicious with of Jack's smokey bbq sauce added.

They had won a few trophies over the years.

We decided that if we were to manage to sample a few trucks we'd have to cut it a third rack as a half was too much. Next up was Miss Piggy's. A completely different flavour but equally as tasty. We also grabbed a fresh squeezed lemonade.

2 trucks down we decided on The Hogfather next and got in line, however, it had greyed over quite a bit and had started to rain, this very quickly turned into a thunder and lightning storm with heavy rain and a bit of wind too. We tried to take shelter in the atm tent but it was too small.

Thankfully the guys in the beer tent opened up and let as many in as they could. The storm lasted about 20 minutes. We'd got a bit wet but knew once the rain stopped we'd dry off in no time.

We were soon braving the last few spots of rain and got our third rack and went to one of the many tables to enjoy them. The meat fell off the bone with these, so good.

Our final third rack came from Sticky Fingers. We should've known with there being no line that it wasn't a good sign. Sure enough the ribs were dry and chewy, not the best end to our rib-eating.

After all that meat I decided I needed some veg so we grabbed some corn. DH is not a lover of souvenir mugs, he moans when I bring the home from Orlando, so I was impressed that he wanted one from the old fashioned juice bar. Out-lawed orange was the choice, it was ok but the corn was amazing.

We decided to have a wander around the sales stalls. We'd seen these cute teddies at the CNE last week and when we saw them again we decided our granddaughter had to have one.

We walked out along the pier, it was still grey and there was lightning out over the lake, but it was warm and humid.

We decided it was time to go, but we also knew we couldn't let the bad ribs be our last taste so we got a full rack from our favourite from earlier, Jack on the Bone, with a side of mac n cheese.

On our way home we dropped in on my aunt n uncle. We enjoyed an hour or two on their decking in the sun before heading home for a relaxing evening in with some Stranger Things on Netflix and some more ribs! We both went to bed having eaten way too much meat today.

Old 4 Sep 18, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Jake71 - 4 Sep 18 12:00 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

We saw a similar event at Montreal last year - not quite good for a family of non meat eaters!

Glad you had a good day!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
We saw a similar event at Montreal last year - not quite good for a family of non meat eaters!

Glad you had a good day!
I was thinking about you as I typed it up, definitely not a day out for you and yours.