Notices

Old 7 Oct 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

October 18 Its Meant To Be A Cheapie - Pretrip

Hi welcome to our Pretrip - didn't manage to write one last time, but I did at least manage to get to the end of the report. This one will be a bit shorter so here's hoping I can keep up.

We head off on Friday 12th and I've yet to tackle the packing... it's going to be a busy old week.

That's me (Anouska) and Daniel. I've obviously been on the wine or “pool juice” there.

This is Scott and Abbie.

We are flying from Edinburgh, via Gatwick to MCO with BA. We have a car too as we got a good price for a fly drive. The only downside is we need to get up at 4am as our flight is at 6.40am! We need to book a taxi to take us to the airport - we are only 20 minutes away.

Originally after booking the flights I had booked our whole stay at Cabana Bay in a family suite but after our summer trip we started tweaking as we wanted to have express passes for at least a couple of days so I started pricing up a few options.

I fancied club level after reading ScottishNellies trip report and after a bit of negotiation we agreed on 2 nights. So the plan is that we will stay our first night a the Holiday Inn Express by Seaworld as Scott had a reward night, 3 nights at Cabana Bay, 2 nights at Hard Rock Club Level, then 5 nights at Grande Villas at Lake Buena Vista. It seems a lot but we are pretty used to moving around after our last few holidays and I've got the knack of organising our stuff in packing cubes to minimise the effort once we are there.

I can't wait to stay here

And here...

And I'll be happy when we get to Grande Villas as I'll see my old pal...

That's right I'm a sucker for an American washer dryer.

We upgraded our summer Universal tickets to 3 park annual passes so we don't need to spend any money on tickets... so it's a cheapie really.

Well until we all felt a bit sad about not going to Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party... it was really expensive and last year we got tickets only for the price to come down after we bought them. I kept checking the prices, no signs of any reductions, booooo! I checked out as things as I could think of to see if I could get them with reward points etc but no luck. Then inspiration struck me, we have a wee coin bank on the kitchen windowsill and we put all our £2 coins in it.

He had a grand total of £250 tucked away and so we bribed the kids to some jobs round the house to earn another £70 between them and I coughed up for 4 adult tickets as Abbie is 10 now. We are going on the 18th and we can't wait - we had a brilliant time last year. I wonder if we will manage to score more candy than this?

Here it is all neatly sorted.

We won't be doing any Halloween Horror Nights as we are all wusses, this is much more our style.

We are looking forward to Volcano Bay, sampling the Club Level treats (of course I mean the free wine), a First Watch breakfast, hopefully a visit to Cracker Barrel, some shopping and hopefully lots of sunshine! We don't have too many plans beyond this other than to relax.

Fingers crossed I manage to post almost live! Thanks for getting this far, not long till Friday, yay!

clubhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Looking forward to reading along.Love the hard rock nearly as much as I love having a washer dryer 😀
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by clubhouse - 7 Oct 18 9:08 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks - not long till your trip!
clubhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

17 sleeps 😎😎😎
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Looking forward to reading along have a great holiday

Joan
Old 8 Oct 18, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jamiesnanny
Proud to wear my Ears

Looking forward to reading along
I loved staying at Grande Villas and like you i'm sucker for american washer dryer

Have a fab holiday
Grande Villas Resort
Enclave Suite 2013
Jamiesnanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsMacc
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Looking forward to reading along! We're off the week after you and I'm also hoping to be able to do a live (ish!) report
Have fun!
MrsMacc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Exciting stuff, can’t wait to read along
Old 10 Oct 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Looking forward to hearing about your Universal stay👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List