Notices

Old 29 Oct 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

October 18 Its Meant To Be A Cheapie - Day 5

We woke around 7am this morning though as usual the kids slept on a bit. Before long I was up and about as I hadn't done any packing. We were using packing cubes so to be honest all I really had to do was sort out the dirty stuff and jiggle some of them around to condense them a bit then zip them up. I'd not bothered hanging anything up and it made it much easier. We also had a bag of wet stuff after the water rides yesterday so I pinched the laundry bag from the wardrobe for that. I struggled a bit to fit in all the souvenir glasses (5 from HR & 2 from VB, oops), but I managed.

We nipped along to the club lounge for a bit of brekkers, we had the usual cereal, bagels, donuts, coffee and juice and lifted some water and Diet Coke for the park. We also were a bit naughty and grabbed a few extra cereal pots for the next few days.

Scott and Daniel took the first couple of bags down to the car and before long we were ready to check out. I settled up the bill and we stowed the rest of our stuff in the car as we thought it would save faffing about with bell services later and then we were on our way to the park for our final day of express passes and getting any photos we'd missed.

We were on our way by 9.30am and were a wee bit sad to be leaving HR, we'd enjoyed our stay here. We liked the walkway to the park, the gardens are lovely.

Of course Abbie had to jog past the sign, she is a wee wide-o sometimes!

It didn't take us long to get to the park. First up was Minion Mayhem, the line looked long, but with the express passes it was only a short wait.

Does anyone else think the screen doesn't line up properly? I always seem to be looking in the wrong place or the film is a bit cut off. May be it's just me.

We got our official photo with a minion. Here's the one from years ago - ha ha the kids were so small! Abbie had no front teeth! Abbie was dancing around, flossing as usual, I almost caught her flossing with the minions.

It's 10.30am now and we head round to Rip Ride Rockit as we need to get the ride photo. I stowed the bag and we headed through the metal detector, as usual I set it off, no idea why. It was almost a walk-on and the kids were delighted to be in the front row. Only problem was the guys in row 2 couldn't get out, so Scott and I couldn't get in. They moved us off the walkway and were about to take the kids off too, but we asked then to leave them so they could be in the front row. Eventually the other people got out and the ride started as normal again. The kids didn't seem too bothered and had a great ride, when they got off they had to walk over the raised gantry to get back to the loading side and we all rode again. Looks like we'd figured out where the photo is taken!

I retrieved the bag, Scott got the photo sorted. It's worth noting the give you a receipt with a code you need to add online, they can't just scan your card for this ride so it takes a bit longer.

We stopped off in the “Tribute” store which has been set set up next door to the Mummy. The kids weren't keen on being in here, it seemed to be merchandise from Halloween Horror Nights. Scott couldn't resist trying on one of the masks.

Maybe it's an improvement?

We saw Jake and Elwood had just arrived so stopped for a bit to shake our tail feathers.

It doesn't matter how often I see this show, I love it seem to be able to embarrass my kids. I think I get extra mum points for that. Anyhoo they wanted to escape but I told them they couldn't unless they joined in and I got evidence for the trippie, mwahahaha!

Next we headed into the Mummy, I really like this one. The kids don't like the bit with the beetles... never mind, they are not there for long.

Daniel asked the ride attendant where the photo was on this one so we all managed a thumbs up.

We made Abbie do a spot of modelling afterwards.

When we came out, there was a sing off going on so they sat down to watch it and refused to move. It was ok, but the Blues Brothers were better, kids disagree of course.

We walked round the park and passed the Beat Builders, but didn't stop.

The kids wanted a picture with Kreacher at Grimmauld Place.

With that mischief managed we headed round to Men in Black to see if any of us could spot Frank the Pug or hit the red button and score the bonus. I used to be able to do this, but I've obviously lost the knack and I've not googled when to hit it unlike some others in the family.

We all liked using Express Pass for this to skip the perhaps bit. Scott managed to hit the red button in ride number 1.

Daniel managed on ride no 2. They insisted on having their photo taken next to this display... no idea why?

I wasn't caring about the shooting and managed a thumbs up, go me! After MIB they had a bit nonsense in the Coke shop.

There was worse than this one. I still cant work out what's so offensive about my name, but I still cant make a personalised bottle! The kids headed off on the Simpsons ride next, us grown ups sat it out. The we got bored so went on Kang & Kodos TwirlnHurl, as you do.

We still had to wait agggges for the bambino's to emerge from Krustyland, we were getting a bit worried, but just as I decided to go find them they headed out. We were all a bit hungry now so decided to go for a Bit of lunch. Daniel was desperate for a Flaming Mo too as someone in his class had got one and told him about it and we'd promised to get him one since Abbie had her butter beer the other day. It took ages as usual to pick up the food in here even though the queue is managed pretty well. We got a meatlikers pizza, a clogger burger and fries and the Flaming Mo.

Daniel did love his flaming mo, when he'd drank some we added more water and it reactivated the dry ice making it bubble and smoke again.

Next we headed over to ET for the photo, but the girl was taking an an age with another family so we gave up as the Animal Actors Show was about to start so we went to that instead.

Scott put up his hand to volunteer at one point and was picked.

A big cockatoo came and took a dollar bill from his hand and even brought it back. We all enjoyed the show, but seeing the wee pug at the end made us all miss Frank Dog!

We headed back and got our ET photos after that.

Next up was the Horror Makeup Show, the kids loved this in the summer and wondered if it would be the same.

It was more or less exactly the same even though it was different hosts. We all enjoyed it, the kids are desperate for me to be picked as the volunteer one day! It was just about 2.15pm now and we were done but we spotted the parade coming so waited for that, well it would be rude not to eh?

It'll never be as good as a Disney parade but it was ok. On the way out we stopped to go in Shrek 4d as we'd forgotten about it, I thought it was pretty rubbish but I think I was a bit tired by now. We said hi to Shrek, Fiona and Donkey before we left.

After that we headed back to HR to pick up the car. We were a bit cheeky and went to see if our room keys would still take us to the 7th floor so we could grab a drink In the lounge. They didn't. Boooo! Undeterred I went to the Rock Royalty desk and asked if they could be reactivated so we could get a drink while we waited for Scott to bring the car round. That was not a problem and we were taken up but the kids were disappointed there were no snacks out. They asked a staff member and they gave them a few bags of crisps each. All happy we went back down the front and Scott was there to pick us up and we headed on our way to Grande Villas at Lake Buena Vista.

We've stayed here twice before and love the location - close to Disney Springs and walking distance for the restaurants at Crossroads. Also we love the space, separate bedrooms, the kids get their own bed, 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen including washer/dryer and sitting room. It's great value and the pools and staff are good too.

We got checked in, a bit disappointed not to be On the top floor (level 5) as requested but we are on level 4. I unpacked and got hotter and hotter. We eventually twigged that the air con wasn't working! Phew it was boiling. Scott called and someone was with us within half an hour, another half hour it was fixed. As we didn't know if we'd be moving rooms we hadn't got changed or anything and now we couldn't be bothered. We decided on Millers Ale House as our park clothes would be ok! We walked along around 6pm, the kids stopped for a photo at the Halloween display outside our room.

We started off with nachos, they were giant as usual.

I had a pitcher of electric lemonade, not sure why the server tried to put me off this, it was nice and had loads of ice in it so it wasn't as much as it looks!

Scott was on Lagunitas but said it didn't taste great. No picture cos it's beer and you know what that looks like. The kids were on Diet Coke.

Scott has his usual Big Red sandwich, I had steak and chicken fajitas and the kids both had quesadillas.

We all enjoyed our food here and I even managed most of my fajitas. The kids got an ice cream as part of their kids meals.

We settled up the bill and headed back to Grande Villas for showers and bed. We couldn't wait to spread out and enjoy the space and we were all happy when we felt the cool air con when we got in. Before long we were all fast asleep.

I've not added any photos of our accommodation since it was the same as before - have a look at my last trippie - it's all in there! Thanks for reading, it'll get easier from here as there are no more parkdays, but we've still to go to Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party and go see the Orlando Magic!

clubhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

Hi just found this report and loving it , I love rage way you “torture “ the kids we do that too🤣aren’t kids funny though the things they find frightening and then they go on rip ride rocket which scares me to death !
Old 30 Oct 18, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by clubhouse - 29 Oct 18 11:01 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another busy but good day

Joan
Old 30 Oct 18, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jesslydevie1 View Post
Hi just found this report and loving it , I love rage way you “torture “ the kids we do that too🤣aren’t kids funny though the things they find frightening and then they go on rip ride rocket which scares me to death !
Thanks for reading along - I'll be trying to get it finished off over the next week or so, pesky work keeps getting in the way but I suppose I need some means of paying for our escapades!

My kids know its my mission in life to torture them, it all adds to the fun!
clubhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another busy but good day

Joan
It really was another busy one and we were all quite tired out! It calms down a bit after this.

Thanks for reading along.
Old 1 Nov 18, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Another really good day
Old 4 Nov 18, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Another really good day
Thanks for reading along. It was busy, in fact all but the last couple of days turned out to be busy. Felt like we needed a holiday when we got home!
Old 14 Nov 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great day! You got loads done in US.
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Great day! You got loads done in US.
Thanks, felt like we didn’t stop this time. We go to the basketball the next day but it calms down a bit after that.