Old 31 Oct 18, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

*Live* "Don't fall off your chair - Day 0 - Pre travel day - Wed 31st Oct 2018

Index

Don't fall off your chair" Day 0 - Pre Travel Day

Wed 31st October 2018

We had an early start today with alarms set for 6am so that we could check in for our flights. It all started well, with no problems checking in for our first flight from Aberdeen to London Heathrow. We then couldn't check in for our other 2 flights as it said they weren't open yet, so we just had to leave it and get ready for work.

I went in early to try to get as much done as I could. I always find the last day at work before a holiday a bit weird. I run around in a sort of frenzied, nervous state, worrying about both work and all the things I have to make sure are ready for our holiday.

At various times throughout the morning, Neil tried to get us checked in for our other flights but couldn't. We have BA flights operated by Aer Lingus and even though he can see our booking on the Aer Lingus website, apparently we can only check in at the airport. Neil is very frustrated by this, me not so much!

We both went home at lunchtime to finish packing the last couple of bits and put the cases in the car as we were going to leave straight from work. Normally we would come home to change clothes but with it being Halloween we couldn't risk getting waylaid by trick or treaters as our street is always really busy with them.

Finally finishing work just after 5, we had a quick stop at Tesco to buy a couple of extra padlocks for our cases. We are staying at the Moxy Aberdeen Airport tonight and arrived there around 6.45pm.

We dropped our luggage off in our room then went to drop our car off. The company we work for has a depot about 1 mile from the airport so we are parking the car there while we're away. We walked back to the hotel, which only took us about 20 minutes. Even though it's cold, it was quite a pleasant walk. There is a restaurant called Dyce Farm right next to the Moxy Hotel so we went in there for dinner on our way back from dropping the car.

We were seated straight away, and we both had Strawberry & Lime Kopparberg to drink. Neil had scampi & chips, and I had chicken tikka masala. Neil hardly had any chips compared to me, hidden under that naan bread is a mountain of chips, and I had rice too. I very kindly gave him a few of my chips. It was all good, and we got back to the hotel about 8.30pm.

The hotel room is nice, not massive but modern and clean. The bathroom is tiny, but it has a decent size shower cubicle. It has tea/coffee making facilities and USB ports and even European plug sockets! Here are some pics of our room...

This is the view from our room - in the foreground is Dyce Farm where we had dinner, then looking towards Aberdeen city on the right, and the airport on the left.

We will soon be setting the alarms for 3.15 am, so it will be an early night for us in preparation for our long travel day tomorrow.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022

Edited at 04:09 AM.
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Rob & Jan
Being a bit Goofy

Great start-have a fab holiday!
Rob & Jan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Looking forward to following your trip, have a wonderful time 😀
Old 1 Nov 18, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

Ohh, how exciting x
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018 , Cabana Bay August 2019, Enclave Suites Feb 2020, Doubletree@Seaworld Feb 2022
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Karma's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Safe trip! Have an amazing holiday!
Karma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Good morning, happy travel day! Hope it all goes smoothly! X
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Have a fantastic holiday! Hope it’s a smooth travel day 😊
Old 1 Nov 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great start have a fantastic holiday

Joan
Old 1 Nov 18, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you all, currently in Dublin. Not for long though ... 👋

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I hope the travel day went well. I love that strawberry and lime cider, Good choice!

I did a double take of the room photos. I saw the reflection in the bathroom mirror, but of course when I scanned back it was a picture on the wall!

I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List