Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Nov 18, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

February Florida Fun - Day 8 Blizzard Beach and Chilis

After a hectic first week we had a somewhat quieter day planned today, partly to avoid going into the main parks over the President’s Day weekend. After our brief but successful visit a few days before, we were heading back to Blizzard Beach. This time we were more organised and got everyone dressed and suncreamed at the villa. We were aiming to get there for opening at 10, predictably we were a little after that, but it wasn’t too busy there so it was fine. We found ourselves some sunloungers under cover near to the toddler area and I stayed there with Barnaby whilst the others headed off to do the various rides. Apologies in advance that today is lacking in photos as being at a water park meant we didn’t take any!

It was about the time Barnaby would usually nap, so I cuddled up with him on a sunlounger and before I knew it we were both asleep! (obviously the previous night’s late night catching up with me!) In the mean time the others had covered most of the rest of Blizzard Beach and all had a brilliant time. This included Alex and Steve braving Slusher Gusher. The park today seemed to be filled mainly with Brits and South American teenagers.

After I’d woken up and the others reappeared full of all the things they’d been doing, we went and got an ice cream. David and I shared a sand pail which was lovely, and the boys had cones. We then agreed to swap round so that I had a chance to go on some things and David took Barnaby off to the toddler area. We went round on the lazy river, and got off by Runoff Rapids. Unfortunately Sebastian managed to cut his toe somehow, so Steve kindly offered to take him to first aid for a plaster as I hadn’t been on anything yet. My only criticism of Blizzard Beach would be that they could do with some mini first aid stations around the park, in the time we were there three of the four older boys cut their feet at various points, and it is a long way to hobble to the one first aid point!

I think I said previously that I am not a big fan of water slides, but I braved the uncovered slide of Runoff Rapids, and quite enjoyed it, doing it a few times. The others reappeared with plaster in place. Alex was desperate to do Summit Plummit (my idea of hell!), and Steve wanted to do it too, so we walked around to it, finding David and Barnaby on the way. The queue wasn’t too long, but just as they were near the front, a woman had clearly lost something and they stopped anyone else coming down whilst they were searching the pool at the bottom (I think I overheard that it was a hearing aid). Eventually they had their turn and Alex loved it, it ended up as one of his favourite rides of the holiday.

By this time it was well into the afternoon and having done everything we wanted to we decided to pack up and get dressed. We had been talking about doing the mini golf afterwards, but having spent longer than we intended at Blizzard Beach we decided instead to leave that for today and go to Chilis for food.

Chilis again was great, David had a burger and I had quesadillas, and they managed to seat us all at one table this time. The total cost for the 5 of us was $67.02.

After food we went back to the villa to have proper showers and a relaxing evening.
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List